Mr. Chansiri, you are doing better than Mandaric did

1 hour ago, ChapSmurf said:

Erm, I don't know, dare you? How am I supposed to answer that?

No I don't have lots of brains, just the one thanks. It's all I really need to be honest as I only have one head.

lol

That last sentence made me chuckle somewhat. Makes sense as well.

40 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Mandaric only spent a few million, what is Chansiri on, 25?

Villa must have spent over 50m , Derby the same , look where they are . The amount of money spent means nowt. 

Just now, Ellis Rimmer said:

what has that got to do with a comparison between MM and DC though

You are the one banging on about we should be doing better because DC has spent a fortune. 

1 hour ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Mandaric only spent a few million, what is Chansiri on, 25?

Double it and the rest. Apart from buying the club and purchasing players and a new pitch you have to remember he is funding a massive wage bill which is ongoing.

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

You are the one banging on about we should be doing better because DC has spent a fortune. 

many a club has spent a lot more than us and done a lot worse, yes money talks but is not the saviour, good foundations, building slowly but meticulously,  teamwork and working together club and fans, could go on but think you know what ime on about

1 minute ago, Finlux_Cup said:

Yeah but..........erm............yeah OK what about............erm.............oh yeah there was..........erm, it's gone...........I think...........erm

Is what's happening in t'ol Ellis Rimmer's head as he gazes up at his Brian Gayle and "jock" Bryson posters.

I am not having a go at Chansiri far from it. All I am doing is pointing out how much he is continuing to put into the club.

1 hour ago, Finlux_Cup said:

Eh???  It's easy pal, you're on the wind up, clearly, but OK I'll humour you.

We were constantly fighting relegation and only just getting by under MM, and we would have been in a far worse state without him, he will never be forgotten for what he did for the club, he is a legend!

We are in different times, DC has funded a promotion assault, which was 90mins away from being successful in its first season and is very much in the mix this, you are saying we are in a mess and MM would sort it out????!!?!??  A mess??????  How????

Mandaric finished in 9th position in the table. We finished 13th in the end that season. He did this on a very small budget for our league. Chansiri buys club and has spent a fortune and increased our position by 7 places, to 6th. Pound for pound, Mandaric did a better job.

2 minutes ago, poite said:

Both are and were fantastic in their own right.

Without mandaric we wouldn't be where we are now.

Without Chansiri we wouldn't be where we are now.

Exactly. MM did a great job in steadying the ship and stopping the rot but wasn't prepared to fund us in the same way DC has and sold us to someone who has given us a chance in the last 2 seasons. It may have been frustrating at times this season but to me it looks like CC and his coaching staff have the support and belief of the players, changing now would be a big risk.

Besides which, if Chansiri was to phone Mandaric as Ellis suggests, he probably wouldn't be able to here clearly through the underwater phone, never mind what would get lost in translation!

It is not even necessary to say one is better than the other. They both have (had) different objectives. Without Mandaric doing what he did, there probably would be no Chansiri. Mandaric made it clear that his mission was to get the club back in the right shae and then to sell on to someone else that could take it to the next level. Mandaric did exactly that. Chansiri's mission is to take the club to the next level. He has backed that with finance and, thus far, there is no reason to believe that he will not eventually achieve his targets. Both in their own way have been a success. In a relatively short period of time, both have each played a significant part in dragging the club from the abyss to the brink of the Premier League. Just leave it at that.

Both MM and DC are to be held in high regard forever at this BEHEMOTH of a football club. It's the new MASSIVE!

behemoth
bɪˈhiːmɒθ,ˈbiːhɪˌməʊθ/
noun

1. a huge or monstrous creature.
    "behemoths like the brontosaurus"
    • something enormous, especially a large and powerful organization.
      "shoppers are now more loyal to their local shops than to faceless behemoths"
Edited by Paul Triplo