Mr. Chansiri, you are doing better than Mandaric did

19 hours ago, Ian_D said:

I think even an old player like Ellis Rimmer would agree

I've just worked it out. It is Rimmer's money we have spent. That is why he is so irked by it all. It makes perfect sense now.

If only he had said it was his money in the first place. I tell you what, to make all things equal, I promise to match every penny Rimmer has invested of his own money on players. Then I can become a moaner too.

13 hours ago, ChinaOwl said:

It is not even necessary to say one is better than the other. They both have (had) different objectives. Without Mandaric doing what he did, there probably would be no Chansiri. Mandaric made it clear that his mission was to get the club back in the right shae and then to sell on to someone else that could take it to the next level. Mandaric did exactly that. Chansiri's mission is to take the club to the next level. He has backed that with finance and, thus far, there is no reason to believe that he will not eventually achieve his targets. Both in their own way have been a success. In a relatively short period of time, both have each played a significant part in dragging the club from the abyss to the brink of the Premier League. Just leave it at that.

This.

Milan literally saved our beloved club and that should never be forgotten or go unappreciated. Add to that he was transparent and delivered on every promise he made

Chansari has taken on us to another level. One we haven’t been on for way too long as well as working hard and investing in the neglected infrastructure of the club. Financially he’s put in more money than any other chairman in our history. Again, we should be appreciative.

After years of bad management we are so lucky both men have done/are doing what they have for the club. Saying one is better than the other is disrespectful and like comparing the battle of Britain to VE day!

48 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Why are we even talking about Mandaric. I didnt get the god like worship he got then and i still dont now. 

i fail to to see what comparing him to chansiri achieves ? 

He saved the club from administration, paid off the debts and completely stabilised the club, paving the way for what we have today.

I'm assuming you know that so I don't understand your comment. This club means so much to so many and when one person comes in saves its life, I can fully understand why people feel that way about him. God like worship of anything is ridiculous, although that statement might have been a deliberate exaggeration for emphasis, but I for one would shake the mans hand for what he did for the club I love and for that, I hold him in high regard.

1 minute ago, ChapSmurf said:

He saved the club from administration, paid off the debts and completely stabilised the club, paving the way for what we have today.

I'm assuming you know that so I don't understand your comment. This club means so much to so many and when one person comes in saves its life, I can fully understand why people feel that way about him. God like worship of anything is ridiculous, although that statement might have been a deliberate exaggeration for emphasis, but I for one would shake the mans hand for what he did for the club I love and for that, I hold him in high regard.

I don't anyone would seriously say that Milan Manderic didn't leave the club in better shape then when he found it.

But do think people thinking statues should have been built for him and included in 150 years dream team painting are a bit OTT.

Basically a business man with an interest in buying clubs down on their luck football clubs, having a bit of fun, massaging his ego and selling them on for a profit once he cleared the decks.

7 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I don't anyone would seriously say that Milan Manderic didn't leave the club in better shape then when he found it.

But do think people thinking statues should have been built for him and included in 150 years dream team painting are a bit OTT.

Basically a business man with an interest in buying clubs down on their luck football clubs, having a bit of fun, massaging his ego and selling them on for a profit once he cleared the decks.

I guess it depends on how you look at it. Statue, yeah, OTT in my opinion, but I think when we look back he will be a defining character for us, so maybe he should be included in the painting.

I know he is a businessman and wanted to turn a profit, but he saved us when he could have easily bought another team. I don't think his importance should be over looked.

Just my opinion like.

Edited by ChapSmurf

4 minutes ago, steveger said:

He would have sold to mammasdog had it not hiccuped, imagine the mess we would have been in now......:wacko:

Jeez....scary thoughts. I think he got hood-winked to be honest. Or blinkered vision to sell the club. Probably a bit of both in fairness. Thank God it fell through.

2 hours ago, james o connor said:

Why are we even talking about Mandaric. I didnt get the god like worship he got then and i still dont now. 

i fail to to see what comparing him to chansiri achieves ? 

Without Milan we would probably be called AFC Wednesday and be playing in the conference north now. We were screwed , the parasites at the inland revenue had us by the balls until Milan saved us. 

1 hour ago, Finlux_Cup said:

Lets tell DC to fv.ck off then, take his millions elsewhere, after all, according to you he's got us in a reight mess!

lets cancel all the players contracts apart from Palmer and big Dave and assemble a bottom of the table squad then.  Cosmic, when can we do it?  Can't come soon enough.

Oh, and we need to sling the scoreboard and dig up the pitch as well.

At least prices might come down then, eh Ellis? 

you've baffled me by this post, do you think I don't want DC at the club? why is it all so black and white with you happy clappers.

1 hour ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

you've baffled me by this post, do you think I don't want DC at the club? why is it all so black and white with you happy clappers.

What do you want because you have confused the hell out of me ? 

On 09/03/2017 at 18:18, asteener1867 said:

And just how close did Mandaric get us to the multimillions of the Prem?...Chansiri came within a goal of it

Completely different circumstances. Mandaric rescued the club. You can't put a price on that. He then sold us on knowing someone else was much better equipped to take us further. 2 excellent owners i don't know why we need to compare really. 

Without Mr Mandaric there would never have been Mr Chansiri.

Personally i don't see either of them as heroes or figures to be fawning over, they are business men running a business and each have their own motives.

However that doesn't mean i do not absolutely appreciate what they have done for Sheffield Wednesday.