Fletcher

Think he would be the verge to partner for Rhodes up top whilst Hooper is out! Don't get me wrong Winnall grafted hard and will be a great squad player but I think Fletcher is stronger and a real work horse to get those flick ons and open up chances for Rhodes

2 minutes ago, Ali G said:

Think he would be the verge to partner for Rhodes up top whilst Hooper is out! Don't get me wrong Winnall grafted hard and will be a great squad player but I think Fletcher is stronger and a real work horse to get those flick ons and open up chances for Rhodes

Thanks for that 

5 minutes ago, Ali G said:

Our survey says...

fortubes.jpg

Edited by ramone

Guest samowl

Fletcher wouldn't start for me. He doesn't bring anything to the table. Bringing him on against Leeds killed us attack wise. Falling all over looking for free kicks he was never gonna get. Leave Winnall in. His work rate and energy is a lot better than Fletchers. Why change anything after today. 

He did partner hooper ok at the start of the season but was not consistent enough and i mean 1 of them was either injured or suspended after a handful of games its refreshing to have a striker like rhodes who just gets on and plays games no fuss

Edited by stocksyuto

Guest RocketOwl
9 minutes ago, Ali G said:

You make a great point.

After a 5-1 win against a promotion rival it's a fantatsic observation.

Well done you.

The rest of our strikers Nuhiu included could learn alot from how rhodes attacks balls in the air. He's fully focused on the ball where as fletcher and Nuhiu tend to fight the man first and concede alot of free kicks.  can't remember rhodes fouling the defender once.

winnall has the shirt at the moment and he's done nothing to suggest he should lose it ......... hooper and fletch are good players and when they get game time as the certainly will it's up to them to make the shirt theres .....how good is it that we 4 very good strikers pushing for 2 places .

22 minutes ago, samowl said:

Fletcher wouldn't start for me. He doesn't bring anything to the table. Bringing him on against Leeds killed us attack wise. Falling all over looking for free kicks he was never gonna get. Leave Winnall in. His work rate and energy is a lot better than Fletchers. Why change anything after today. 

Agree. Winnall creates space for Rhodes and has been involved in two decisive wins at Hillsborough. For me it's Rhodes, Winnall or Hooper.

Fletcher comes on to ruffle up the opponents, give them something different to think about. Unfortunately, he just forgets to do it when he's on the pitch. 

On the face of it, I was delighted when he signed. Sadly, the reality is, he offers us nothing different to what Nuhiu offers us. Theres a space for 1 of them in the squad but no where near a starting place in the first team. Regardless of the opposition

30 minutes ago, Ali G said:

Did you phone RS with this revelation?? Someone said the exact same thing on praise n grumble. I laughed myself stoopid then too. Don't get me wrong I like Fletch but no way woukd he have done better than Winnall yesterday 

Fletcher would be 4th choice in my eyes (maybe even 5th with FF inc). 

Rhodes partnered with Winnall/Hooper is our best line up. 

Understand people saying Fletch is a work horse etc but our strikers should be scoring goals. Fletch is known for his lack of goal scoring wherever he has played and we now have three proper strikers who are known for their goal scoring prowess. Also Winnall and Rhodes put as much of a shift in with 10x the goal threat. 

Its the business end of the season and we need to be flying. Yesterday was fantastic and we showed what we can do when we give decent service to proper goal scorers. 

Its a a shame really as I was quite excited in the summer when we signed him, it's just we have better players now. 

Fletch is a superb striker, with an excellent record in the Prem that none of our strikers have.

Dont write him off. He was very good with a Hooper so why would he not be with Rhodes?

We are unbelievably fortunate to have Fletch.

That said, Winnall-Rhodes can't be split up at present.