Fletcher

fletcher does ok when he plays ,to be fair to him he's not exactly been playing in an attacking team  and spends a lot of time isolated up front on his own waiting for the others to amble forward while he tries to retain the ball .....he's got a goal in him , he's decent in the air , he can hold the ball and he takes a mean penalty .winnall as the shirt but if his levels drop I wouldn't think we'd be weakened by playing fletch .

45 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

I can see us selling Fletcher in the summer for a tidy profit. 

I wouldn't mind a  Swap for cameron jerome if we dont get promoted this year but yea i can see him wanting more game time than hes getting here

8 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Fletch is a superb striker, with an excellent record in the Prem that none of our strikers have.

Dont write him off. He was very good with a Hooper so why would he not be with Rhodes?

We are unbelievably fortunate to have Fletch.

That said, Winnall-Rhodes can't be split up at present.

I wouldn't call a goal about every 4 games excellent in the Premier League. 

Alan Shearer had an excellent record but he wouldn't get in our team either now. 

I'm a big fan of Fletcher and think he's a very intelligent footballer. At the minute though I'd say Winnall because we tend to play more on the front foot with him partnering Rhodes. Every game is different though and against Brentford it baffled me why we kept pumping the ball up to be swallowed up by their big defenders. That was a game where we needed a Nuhiu/Fletcher type from the start if that was the plan.

1 minute ago, Pod9 said:

I wouldn't call a goal about every 4 games excellent in the Premier League. 

Alan Shearer had an excellent record but he wouldn't get in our team either now. 

Firstly it's about a goal every three and a half.

Second, he was playing for poor relegation fodder, against some of the world's top CBs and teams.

Third, and most importantly, give him the service we dished up yesterday and he too will score plenty.

2 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

Assombalonga would be able to compete with matias for who can be out injured longest maybe he can take matias crown

Mmmm fair point but seems t be back on it at the moment! Who is this Mat Bloke your on about???

55 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

I can see us selling Fletcher in the summer for a tidy profit. 

that may not be easy .....he'll be on a very good contract here and the sort of club he'd attract may not be able to match it .

6 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Second, he was playing for poor relegation fodder, against some of the world's top CBs and teams.

Third, and most importantly, give him the service we dished up yesterday and he too will score plenty.

that's right he's had no decent service and been living off scraps ,the time to really judge him is when we play like we did yesterday and see what he's capable of .

3 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Yes he was playing for poor relegation threatened teams, but surely that tells you something about him. 

Jermain Defoe has an excellent scoring PL record in the same situation Fletch was in. To say he has an excellent record is wrong. He is know for been a striker that does not score. 

As for the service. You mean the type of service he had at Newcastle away and missed from a yard? Or last week he hit the post from a yard Vs Brentford?

Or Vs Bristol when he miss kicked two clear shots from inside the 6 yard box. 

I feel like im bashing him now, which I don't intend to. I don't mind him as a player, and like I said, I was excited to sign him. But he isn't the type of player who will get us out of the Championship. 

at min got to be winnall and Rhodes but nothing wrong with competition fletcher still can play a big part this season. if he don't you have a player on 35k a week for next 3 and a bit seasons whose value will have fallen this season so like mcgugan you prob would have to give a large fee to them to pay them off cause neither will be getting anywhere near that wage at another club. we must keep all our players match fit somehow .

2 hours ago, torryowl said:

that may not be easy .....he'll be on a very good contract here and the sort of club he'd attract may not be able to match it .

Assuming we don't go up, I'd be in favour of keeping him.  Rhodes, Winnall, Hooper, Fletcher: four for two places, and some ability to mix it up a bit.  

Winnall did more work for the team than Rhodes yesterday and came within a whisker of a second half goal.

Rhodes did what he does best, hung on the shoulder of the last man and got his two goals. 

Looks a great partnership, a poacher and a grafter that can only get better the more they play together.