Attendance v Norwich?

3 hours ago, sweetsheri said:

Blavges got 27k last week didn't they?

Be poor if we don't beat that 

Not really.. the average £ cost of entrance fee will be considerably less than our's (and I'm not even including the cost of their free complimentary half-time pork-pie)!  

Edited by owls-swfc

Any update on estimated attendance?  Not long left now... But would be good to see one of those colour coded stadium seating  plan jobbies for latest take-up

Would be good to get near 30k (it is Saturday 3pm home kick off for a change)!!   

10 minutes ago, owls-swfc said:

Any update on estimated attendance?  Not long left now... But would be good to see one of those colour coded stadium seating  plan jobbies for latest take-up

Would be good to get near 30k (it is Saturday 3pm home kick off for a change)!!   

There's a queue to get online to buy tickets, probably season ticket holders renewing. 

17 minutes ago, Finlux_Cup said:

Same applies, if we don't get 30k through the gate on Sat, regardless of oppo support, it's a poor show for a club that thinks it's massive!

when have the club ever said anything about being massive ?

27 minutes ago, Finlux_Cup said:

El Pedanto!!!

Us fans say it, I get its in jest but we do like to think we're a big club, like I said, less than 30k on Sat and we need to accept we're the same as Blackburn or Ipswich or Preston.  

that's ridiculous , we blow most sides out of the water in this division with our support  despite having the highest match day prices and getting26- 28k on Saturday will just  confirm that .......

Just now, Finlux_Cup said:

El Pedanto!!!

Us fans say it, I get its in jest but we do like to think we're a big club, like I said, less than 30k on Sat and we need to accept we're the same as Blackburn or Ipswich or Preston.  

On current form, position, attendances and quality of squad we are way ahead of those 3 clubs. Blackburn have won the league and League cup more recently and had a great spell in the 1890.s but overall, historically we've been a bigger club than those three.

The fans of those 3 would love to change places with us. As for people saying United got 27,000, yes, they did, and fair play to them.  However, their gate reciepts 3.5m, our gate reciepts 16.5 m.  Says it all.

4 minutes ago, Finlux_Cup said:

B.ollocks about the prices, we're priced the same as most clubs in this division.

I'll say it again, if we cannot get 30k on Sat, we are simply not as big as we think we are.

we're all mouth

i personally have never thought of us as a big club .....how big do you think we are ?

26 minutes ago, Finlux_Cup said:

B.ollocks about the prices, we're priced the same as most clubs in this division.

I'll say it again, if we cannot get 30k on Sat, we are simply not as big as we think we are.

we're all mouth

You are!

20 minutes ago, Finlux_Cup said:

Just below Leeds, Newcastle and Villa in this division and on a par with Norwich.

so if we get 30k thats where you think we are but if we get  28k we are on a par with preston ,Ipswich and Blackburn ......i find your thinking hard to comprehend

How many teams in the league regularly get 30K?

Newcastle and Villa? Leeds are very much like ourselves in that they can draw in a big crowd for a big game.

Newcastle (one team city) get 50k + and are by far the best supported club in this league.

Villa are still very much Premiership pedigree despite current position and will easily pull in crowds of around 40K. 

Leeds (one team city) are similar to us in that they've put up with a lot of rubbish over the years, but it's testament to our support that we compete and even better their crowds.

Never understood why our own fans question our support and for some reason 30k is the magic figure in defining a big club. Yes, we aren't in the same category as Villa and Newcastle - and maybe our 'big club' tag has diluted slightly with teams like them coming down from the Premiership - but we are still very much regarded as big fish in this league.

In fact, I'd go as far as saying both Sheffield clubs have the potential to become an 'Aston Villa' with a prolonged stay in the modern day Premiership.

Edited by Bassett's Allsorts

33 minutes ago, Finlux_Cup said:

OK, let me put it another way, we claim to be amongst the best supporters in the country, but proper supporters don't b.itch and whinge about EVERYTHING that happens at the club, some tvvat is always finding an excuse not to go, if it's not the imaginary high ticket prices, its the kit or Bannans hair or colour of the grass or the trams aren't running...yadayadayada!!

Cant Stand them but Leeds fans don't give a fv.ck about whether the chairman dyes his hair or Gary Monk is a sneaky snidey fv.cker, they turn up and get +30k regardless because they all have one thing in common, they love the club, our p.issers and moaners want the club to fail!  Its fv.ckin bizarre!!

Thats why, if we don't get 30k tomorrow, for a club in the play off mix against a side we need to put distance between, we are not a big club all pushing in the same direction, we are Blackburn, Preston or Ipswich.

Fans of big clubs would run through brick walls for the club, not p.ussy about whingein and moanin and then not turn up, blaming a "matter of principle".

Even though currently being two places above us they are averaging smaller attendances than us!