Carlos out of his depth?

12 hours ago, paul92vr6 said:

If you read the post you would know the point, quoting Besiktas and Sporting Lisbon are massive clubs because they play in Europe year in year out is irelivant.

Celtic play in Europe year in year out because it is a Micky mouse league. How many points are the clear this year FFS.

They still play in Europe though - you dont have a point

I was having a quiet think about this today. I have been a critic of the tactics employed by Carlos this season but maybe he has got it absolutely right. We were never really in the hunt for a top two place and if the play-offs can be reached exerting minimal effort, surely that has to be the way to go. Last season's high octane, high energy stuff was exciting but over 49 games, it really must be phenomenally draining. Let the rivals run themselves into the ground this time round while we keep plenty in reserve for April and May. I can actually see the sense in that kind of plan, if that is indeed what Carlos has in his mind. Win on Saturday and the justification will certainly be there to see.

Edited by ChinaOwl

16 minutes ago, paul92vr6 said:

They qualify because they play in a poo league is the point. Anyone could get Celtic there. Thats the point

many of those leagues are closed shops in relation to European football arent they?

Same with the Scandinavian and old "eastern European" countries

On 25/02/2017 at 21:14, Think tank said:

Some people need to realise it's all relative. If Carlos had the budget Stuart Gray had I'd be thinking he is working wonders. He has the biggest budget of any manager in recent history. 

With that comes increased expectations, it is totally tinpot, to just sit and say oh but look where we were. We aren't in that place anymore. We have an owner is splashing big cash and a manager who is not getting the best out of his team. He is paid good money, he is rightly so under pressure. 

If you look back, some managers do really well in moulding a cheaply built tight knit unit on a shoestring budget compared to those around them, managers through the years like big Sam, redknap Tony pulis "I hate to mention them" but king pig warnock and Holloway. Thing is when they were given money to spend they were quite frankly out of there depth and squandered it badly resulting in a mess of a team of individuals. Carlos did well with a couple of good signings added to the cheap bargains we already had, but since the cash has been firmly spent, we seem to have gone a little backwards as most of the expensive signings. I'm not going to slate anyone in particular, haven't really kicked us on. 

That opinion of him has been correct many times this season, and whilst it's great he's put a run together late on i think many feel it shouldn't have come to this.Hopefully he has now redeemed himself but could have easily gone the other way.

Most have always liked him and wanted him to succeed so at least he's always had it in his own control.

3 minutes ago, sMacLean said:

That opinion of him has been correct many times this season, and whilst it's great he's put a run together late on i think many feel it shouldn't have come to this.Hopefully he has now redeemed himself but could have easily gone the other way.

Most have always liked him and wanted him to succeed so at least he's always had it in his own control.

Spot on.

1 minute ago, sMacLean said:

I think we'd be better off not exhuming these corpses.

But I don't think our squad is so self-evidently fantastic that 78 points from 44 games, and 15 home wins should be taken for granted.  It could easily have gone the other way is true, but cuts both ways too.  In the parallel universe where Hooper is fit all season we can still catch Newcastle for the second auomatic

6 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

We virtually assure ourselves a play off spot, the feel good factor is returning and some idiot digs this up.

Unbelievable

Always one. Says more about their personal  shortcomings than it does a forum of differing opinions.

We've seen t'Owls play some mega football today,

and although we made a little heavy weather of it

we have jumped 3 places in a little over a week.

I am convinced a fit Kieran Lee would have had

us in the automatic position.

Wasn't it fantastic to see him today.