If we miss out on the play offs we will only have ourselves to blame

Having spent somewhere in the region of 25 million since last season, I don't see 25 million pounds worth of improvements

The referee was embarrassing v Brentford, but we can't blame him for our defending on Brentford's goals

I was one of many people on here who stated our inability to sign a quality centre back would come back and bite us

An average team like Brentford were able to pick holes in our marking

I fear without Lees, Chris Woods will think all his birthdays have come at once on Saturday

Without Lees, we need to play a striker who can help out at the back when we are defending corners and free kicks

Winnall won quite a few defensive headers on his only full game v Birmingham

Fletcher is decent in helping defend corners and free kicks

I feel in the event Lees misses out against Leeds, either Winnall or Fletcher must start, y preference would be Winnall, but Carlos doesn't seem to want to play him 

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

We will make the play offs. The teams currently in the top 6 have it in their own hands now they just need to keep on winning. Let's have none of this next few games are crucial this is going to wire and every game is crucial starting Saturday right up till end of season. 

37 minutes ago, Owl 44 said:

This has been my theory for most of the season so far. I do think we'll make it difficult for ourselves though - it's the Wednesday way, as was proved last night.

Barnsley fans are currently running a poll on us as to which they would prefer:

(1) Not to make the play offs

(2) To lose in the semi-finals

(3) To lose at Wembley again

They really hate us, particularly since Winnall has come here. April 1st should be interesting anyway.

Had a club ever lost 2 x Poff finals in a row?

It would be the Wednesday way ...

10 hours ago, ViolaOwls said:

From what I've seen this season I'm not too confident. Fed up of waiting for us to click. Just when is that going to be? July in pre season

I take it you didn't go to Forest last Saturday, probably the best we've played all season. I think we really are starting to click and at the right time, I truly believe the playoffs are nailed on.      UTO 

26 minutes ago, kevtheowl said:

I take it you didn't go to Forest last Saturday, probably the best we've played all season. I think we really are starting to click and at the right time, I truly believe the playoffs are nailed on.      UTO 

I take it you didn't go to the Brentford match then.....and wolves at home, the list goes on pal.

You naming forest away, I will add Newcastle and wolves away. So how does one good game suddenly make us world beaters?

Consistency is the key to football, but I'm sure you know that

14 hours ago, modboy said:

I'm sure Carlos won't be here next season if we fail to go up.  Could be his or DCs decision, probably both 

Unless we don't make the playoffs I think Carlos will still be here next season. If we are still in this league though there will be an expectation that we challenge for automatic next year. 

35 minutes ago, ArmyBarmy said:

You'd have thought that about this season 

Lots of us didn't think this. It's one thing reaching the top 6 as a one off when you are under the radar and teams set up in a way that suits you. Once you are one of the big boys its a completely different story. I know some people don't see it this way but matching last year's achievements is progress in my eyes. We've now established ourselves as a top team in this league and next year we can progress to an automatic challenge.

As a comparison Huddersfield are doing something similar to what we did last year and I'll bet you now if they don't go up they will find things way tougher next year. 

It takes time to build a team capable of getting in the top 2, it can't be achieved overnight.

I don't get that teams set up in a way that suited us, but now they don't. After a few months teams knew how we'd play, it's not like they went, ahh no we'll wait until next season now before we counter what wednesday do. 

Teams set up to stop us last year but we were a lot more attack minded and played with pace and urgency which teams couldn't cope with! This season, it's slow and pedestrian and comfortable for many sides to handle

1 hour ago, NorthernOwl said:

Unless we don't make the playoffs I think Carlos will still be here next season. If we are still in this league though there will be an expectation that we challenge for automatic next year. 

Even if we don't make the play offs, I want him to stay.

We need him.

7 hours ago, ViolaOwls said:

I take it you didn't go to the Brentford match then.....and wolves at home, the list goes on pal.

You naming forest away, I will add Newcastle and wolves away. So how does one good game suddenly make us world beaters?

Consistency is the key to football, but I'm sure you know that

So you don't think we will get in the playoffs then ?   Looks like Newcastle will get promoted without pulling any trees up football wise.  UTO