Black Car hit and scratched in Wednesdayite Car park.

Guest Theboylangers

Some real numpties on here.

Most of us work hard for what we've got, be that cars, houses or any other stuff.

Anyone that finds this funny (and I understand this is Owlstalk) is either the sort of person that would scrape someone else's car and not own up or not old enough to understand how much things cost to get repaired, never mind the MASSIVE inconvenience these things cause. 

For all those who think it's a joke, I have to say I hope it happens to you one day. 

Full credit to the OP. I would be grateful if it was my property for the heads up. 

I read this post with sadness.

First of all it is very sad that anyone can hit someone else's car in their absence without leaving a note etc etc !

Secondly, it is equally sad to see some on here crying "snitch" whilst, of course, they would be the first to be outraged if it had been their car which had been so damaged.

Perhaps,as a dinosaur and in those days, we didn't need to be concerned about such events !

The important points are claims and loss of no claims bonus and, especially for younger drivers, that is a massive issue.:wacko:

Edited by almy20

1 hour ago, AlbertOB said:

There was someone shouting that his window had been smashed on Herries Rd. A white Volvo I think. Are they just smashing windows or are they stealing stuff?

I saw that.   Between Five Arches and Scraith Wood Drive.   Seen a few similar incidents on Herries Road this season.

45 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

I saw that.   Between Five Arches and Scraith Wood Drive.   Seen a few similar incidents on Herries Road this season.

Yes thats it........I was just crossing the road when all the shouting started........must have just found out

I park on Wordsworth and Ive never seen any problems....parking tickets excepted

saw one last year, busy car park just outside Glasgow, watched this bloke struggle like hell to do a 20 point turn,

then a space came up that I went for, I could have reversed my van into the space, but myself and my mate, would no have not been able to open the doors.

so I just moved away, to wait for another space,

que lobber, who we saw before,the car park had a one way system, and as you will see the only way into the space would be to reverse,

He tried to drive in, messed up and took the side of the audi out,he drove off unawre I recorded it.

I was writing a note out for the owner, when she turned up. I put the recording on drop box, and the police up there used it to nick the wally.

screen grab below with reg plates edited.

just a shame there is not decent CCTV to catch the idiots that cause 100's of thousands of pounds to innocent peoples cars every year

Capture.PNG

Guest Copthorneowl
8 hours ago, andrewowl said:

saw one last year, busy car park just outside Glasgow, watched this bloke struggle like hell to do a 20 point turn,

then a space came up that I went for, I could have reversed my van into the space, but myself and my mate, would no have not been able to open the doors.

so I just moved away, to wait for another space,

que lobber, who we saw before,the car park had a one way system, and as you will see the only way into the space would be to reverse,

He tried to drive in, messed up and took the side of the audi out,he drove off unawre I recorded it.

I was writing a note out for the owner, when she turned up. I put the recording on drop box, and the police up there used it to nick the wally.

screen grab below with reg plates edited.

just a shame there is not decent CCTV to catch the idiots that cause 100's of thousands of pounds to innocent peoples cars every year

Capture.PNG

Good for you mate.  I'm almost neurotic with my car and parking I drive round and round trying to find a spot where cars can only park one side of me, or in the furthest spot from the entrance. Come back out and there'll be an old battered cortina or similar next to you and the car park empty.

Just going off for a couple of days away but taking Mrs Cop Owls car how bloody selfish am I.

1 minute ago, Copthorneowl said:

Good for you mate.  I'm almost neurotic with my car and parking I drive round and round trying to find a spot where cars can only park one side of me, or in the furthest spot from the entrance. Come back out and there'll be an old battered cortina or similar next to you and the car park empty.

Just going off for a couple of days away but taking Mrs Cop Owls car how bloody selfish am I.

Ha! Sounds like me, always looking for an end of row spot or failing that, park next to the most expensive car you can find, they're more likely to care about not whacking their doors into yours.

15 hours ago, darra said:

Best thing about a dash cam?. This. Some nobber cuts you up and gives you the finger. Then you pull up along side them and point to the camera. Look on their face is priceless.

Funnily enough, since having a dash cam, I have also found that my driving has improved, too. The camera records everything I do, also!

14 hours ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

You know, I almost felt like apologising to those on here who think I am breaking some unwritten law about keeping my mouth shut.

then I realised how poor their life would be if they would rather let anyone do anything no matter who it screws over. 

Each to to their own I suppose.

Im just waiting for the usual 'it was just banter' rounduns that usually accompanies the justification for being a nob