Adam Reach

25 minutes ago, ramone said:

Where have I blamed Adam Reach for the defeat?

Ive simply given my view on him based seeing him play football a few times this season.

Also, not one of you people negging away have given me a positive attribute that he has.

Hardly surprising 

This is the MATCH-DAY thread!

16 hours ago, S_W_F_C said:

Somebody tell me his best 3 attributes. I'd love to hear opinions.  

Hes obviously a bit marmite is our Adam, but personally I think he's been a good signing. As for his 3 best attributes:

1. He's got a fantastic engine 

2. Versatile and two footed (he crosses with his right without any hesitation)

3. Seems like he's got a great attitude. Works hard for the team and doesn't shy away from taking on responsibility on the pitch.

Personally I think he's already an asset for the team, but with a little patience I think he'll get better.

18 hours ago, Crofty_11 said:

Quality player & will be for years to come, but....

He's not a left back. 

CC needs to realise that you can't pick your 11 favourite players & fit them into a formation. Round pegs, round holes

Its been said a fair few times but absolutely this! 

There's certainly a player there, he's shown us that but being played at left back one week then left midfield the next can't be great for his form, he needs a consistent run in a set position, just like any other player. I hate to say it cos I love the bloke but it's all coming back at CC's team selections and tactics. The players we have, including Reach don't become poor overnight. 

2 minutes ago, OhForAnotherShez said:

last home game people were stating that he did a lot more attacking when he was moved from LW to LB.

This week he's not a LB.

The reason I wouldn't play him LB is because his energy and running are more fruitful to the team when he isn't restricted to a defensive position. 

He has more freedom if he plays higher up. 

2 hours ago, East Yorks Owl said:

Hes obviously a bit marmite is our Adam, but personally I think he's been a good signing. As for his 3 best attributes:

1. He's got a fantastic engine 

2. Versatile and two footed (he crosses with his right without any hesitation)

3. Seems like he's got a great attitude. Works hard for the team and doesn't shy away from taking on responsibility on the pitch.

Personally I think he's already an asset for the team, but with a little patience I think he'll get better.

Brilliant - you're the second person thats given his 3 best attributes and none of them involve a ball at his feet.

People proving me right left right and centre here

20 hours ago, iliveinthenow said:

Reach adds to our team, I really do not see how people can say otherwise. 

However, I will add this. 

If you are the chairman and your £5m player is on the bench or not in the match day squad, you are going to start asking questions. 

What does he add?

18 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

The same Reach who people wanted to start over FF a few games ago?

Yeah, the same people that can't give me a positive attribute of is that doesn't involve him running. Funny that isn't it...

Edited by ramone

1 hour ago, Bodhidharma said:

Reach is one of the positives for me.

I just wouldn't play him fullback. 

Right wing with MM left. 

Milan Mandaric was good for the club but can't see him on the left wing!?

seriously though, a lot of these 'debates' are similar to the political ones all over social media these days. It's either one extreme or the either. Half will not accept cristicism of ANY SWFC player while others enjoy going over the top in slating them. I agree that Reach has been poor since he signed on the whole, doesn't mean I think he's always going to be a terrible player or has no talent or potential to improve. I'd struggle to say what he's actually done well on a consistent basis- his crossing has been pretty poor and he gives possession away too easily. I do think he looks like he SHOULD be good though, odd bit of skill, technically decent, hard worker, etc. Agree that being played all

over the shop hasn't helped him. 

Edited by Owlin' Wolf

6 minutes ago, Owlin' Wolf said:

Milan Mandaric was good for the club but can't see him on the left wing!?

seriously though, a lot of these 'debates' are similar to the political ones all over social media these days. It's either one extreme or the either. Half will not accept cristicism of ANY SWFC player while others enjoy going over the top in slating them. I agree that Reach has been poor since he signed on the whole, doesn't mean I think he's always going to be a terrible player or has no talent or potential to improve. I'd struggle to say what he's actually done well on a consistent basis- his crossing has been pretty poor and he gives possession away too easily. I do think he looks like he SHOULD be good though, odd bit of skill, technically decent, hard worker, etc. Agree that being played all

over the shop hasn't helped him. 

Excellent post

Guest Copthorneowl

Tis well known that I have a high regard for Forestiero and have stood up for him in every thread he's been in (785) but just remind an old boy with a poor memory who was it had to play before FF not two games ago, and whose been mom in both those games since his controversial recall.

I think Reachy will turn out to be a great signing but he has found it hard to be consistent and frankly he hasn't nailed down his best position.