Adam Reach

22 hours ago, ramone said:

Not a full back

Not a winger

Not a footballer

See ya

Do you honestly believe this or is it just recent frustration? Find it hard to believe people think he's rubbish (price tag not a factor, it doesn't concern us because we didn't personally pay it) when you look at some of the dross that has played for us over the past decade. 

Edited by don'tCallMeOwlCallYo

Just now, don'tCallMeOwlCallYo said:

Do you honestly believe this or is it just recent frustration? Find it hard to believe people think he's rubbish (price tag no factor, it doesn't concern us because we didn't personally pay it) when you look at some of the dross that had played for us over the past decade. 

I've gone on record to say that price tags don't interest me in the slightest. Its not our fault, and more importantly its not his fault. 

I want the lad to succeed. He's a Wednesday, I want all our players to do well. But nah, I just don't see it with him. I've not seen every game he's played but I've seen a fair amount and I've never seen him do anything good other than score the goal against Brum (which incidentally cost me about £80 but thats a different story)

I've listed my reasons earlier in the thread. I just think dont think he's any good at all, 

Im wondering which player has carried the ball further up the pitch than Reach this season? 

Folk moan about our sideways/backwards pass pass pass hoof to JR, well Adam Reach is the one player that actually dribbles the ball forward, FF may do it in the opponents half or the last 3rd, in small spurts, but Adam Reach actually carries us 50/60 yards up the pitch then lays it off simple ball to one of our flair players then goes again finding space giving an option for a return pass. or he will win a free kick 60 yds up the pitch. 

i dread to think how we would have done in alot of our games this season as he is one of the only ball runners in the squad since K Lee got injured. i guess you could say his end product isnt always great.. but who's is?  I appreciate seeing him carry us up the pitch without resorting to a pele ball to do so. i guess its what you look for in a player, if its end-product i can understand some frustrations of AR. 

but for his all round contribution to the team the criticism is harsh.

Just now, ramone said:

I've gone on record to say that price tags don't interest me in the slightest. Its not our fault, and more importantly its not his fault. 

I want the lad to succeed. He's a Wednesday, I want all our players to do well. But nah, I just don't see it with him. I've not seen every game he's played but I've seen a fair amount and I've never seen him do anything good other than score the goal against Brum (which incidentally cost me about £80 but thats a different story)

I've listed my reasons earlier in the thread. I just think dont think he's any good at all, 

Fair enough, when you put it that way everyone is entitled to an opinion. I personally think he is doing ok. Just wondered if you were frustrated at him or generally don't think he is good enough to play for us. Do you feel he will improve? 

1 minute ago, GY-owl.4 said:

Im wondering which player has carried the ball further up the pitch than Reach this season? 

Folk moan about our sideways/backwards pass pass pass hoof to JR, well Adam Reach is the one player that actually dribbles the ball forward, FF may do it in the opponents half or the last 3rd, in small spurts, but Adam Reach actually carries us 50/60 yards up the pitch then lays it off simple ball to one of our flair players then goes again finding space giving an option for a return pass. or he will win a free kick 60 yds up the pitch. 

i dread to think how we would have done in alot of our games this season as he is one of the only ball runners in the squad since K Lee got injured. i guess you could say his end product isnt always great.. but who's is?  I appreciate seeing him carry us up the pitch without resorting to a pele ball to do so. i guess its what you look for in a player, if its end-product i can understand some frustrations of AR. 

but for his all round contribution to the team the criticism is harsh.

He does carry the ball well actually. And you're right that he is one the few players we have that can do so. In all fairness to my argument, he never beats a man to do this. He'll just run into the space. But that in itself can be extremely useful to the team. I remember Majid Bougherra doing this extremely well to relieve pressure. It was priceless at the time

Guest Kameron

He should not be playing left back because he cannot defend. His positioning is poor and he often lets wingers inside, his first touch also poor. Anyone who watches games back on player will pick these points up. Fox or Pudil should be starting left full back, so if he's not a full back where does he fit in?  FF has surely got to play on the left given the quality up front, you cannot go one up top with the strikers available.  Carlos has caused a lot of his own problems having no thought in several signings, key areas still not addressed and no real way of playing can be identified because players appear to be thrown in out of position to accomodate favourites.  Reach should not be starting games at the moment, he should be used to cover FF who is the better choice on the left.

4 minutes ago, don'tCallMeOwlCallYo said:

Fair enough, when you put it that way everyone is entitled to an opinion. I personally think he is doing ok. Just wondered if you were frustrated at him or generally don't think he is good enough to play for us. Do you feel he will improve? 

He's a young lad. He's definitely got potential in him. He just needs to improve the football part of his game. I think he can do this, he's young enough to be able to do this. 

Edited by ramone

5 minutes ago, ramone said:

He does carry the ball well actually. And you're right that he is one the few players we have that can do so. In all fairness to my argument, he never beats a man to do this. He'll just run into the space. But that in itself can be extremely useful to the team. I remember Majid Bougherra doing this extremely well to relieve pressure. It was priceless at the time

watch him beat his man at 8.45

Edited by FreshOwl

Just now, IstillhateSteveBould said:

It seems you've made your mind up on him. 

No, read my posts. 

You can't give me your side of the argument can you. Pulling me up for spouting rubbish yet you can't substantiate your own argument. Classic

7 minutes ago, ramone said:

He's a young lad. He's definitely got potential in him. He just needs to improve the football part of his game. 

Yes won't lie, hoping he does step up the levels in the future. But don't think he's dreadful at the moment just not spectacular. I do find him frustrating as he is so close to been really good imo, but still feel he is doing ok.

Edited by don'tCallMeOwlCallYo

1 minute ago, don'tCallMeOwlCallYo said:

Yes won't lie, hoping he does step up the levels in the future. But don't think he's dreadful at the moment just not spectacular. I do find him frustrating as he is so close to been really good imo, but still feel his is doing ok.

Really hope he does. He reminds me a bit Alex Oxlade Chamberlain. Not with his football style/ability but the fact he doesn't really have a position. He can't play left back because he can't defend and he's a bit of a fanny. I wouldn't have left wing because we have so many better options there and his final ball just isn't good enough

3 minutes ago, ramone said:

No, read my posts. 

You can't give me your side of the argument can you. Pulling me up for spouting rubbish yet you can't substantiate your own argument. Classic

You've basically said he has no attributes and is incapable of playing left back, left wing or football fullstop. 

Can't have a reasonable debate with someone who thinks that.

Just now, IstillhateSteveBould said:

You've basically said he has no attributes and is incapable of playing left back, left wing or football fullstop. 

Can't have a reasonable debate with someone who thinks that.

YOU just simply can't debate, clearly

Just now, ramone said:

Really hope he does. He reminds me a bit Alex Oxlade Chamberlain. Not with his football style/ability but the fact he doesn't really have a position. He can't play left back because he can't defend and he's a bit of a fanny. I wouldn't have left wing because we have so many better options there and his final ball just isn't good enough

Yes I do think you have a point there tbh. A few good players were in the same position as him at a similar age however, no real proper fixed position. Henry was a right winger at Juve with no real direction. Bale was a left back spuds were considering getting shot of.

Also going back to his one attribute you mentioned. I feel you have a point there too he doesn't have one stand out attribute, or he's not showing it yet. But I do feel his best attribute is that he is ok at everything, not spectacular but pretty well rounded. Still feel it's harsh to criticise him but after further comments it's put your op in perspective and it's a valid opinion. I don't totally agree as I feel he's ok in both positions, just not great.