Sasso

8 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

Hunt was abysmal

Proper shocker, very loathe to single players out for negativity but I was convinced he was gonna cost us a goal for 80min. Usually better going forward than he was tonight in fairness, but his positioning, good grief 

Edited by Mr. Tom

I'd worry about his pace but might be a fair shout.

I wouldn't be bothered if hunt never played for us again. He's been awful for too long now.

His positional sense, aerial ability, distribution, bottle in the tackle are abysmal.

He used to be decent going forward but Not anymore 

3 minutes ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

I agree that he looked a little nervous and perhaps was a little "adventurous" at times; but there were a couple of occasions when he just put his foot through the ball rather than play it back to Westwood, perhaps over simplifying things.

My point is he's hardly played all season, gets called upon at seemingly the last minute and comes in and (in my opinion anyway) puts in a solid performance. 

I would actually have liked to see us invest in further cover for centre back cover, but we are where we are on that one...

so I'll counter your question of does it concern me that he's our 3rd choice centre half with this... Do you think his performance was so dire in relation to the rest of the team that he deserves singling out?

I genuinely don't believe you do

His performance tonight was up amongst the worst of a very bad bunch, the problem/more a worry is I've yet to see him put in a convincing performance for us and as such I'm totally convinced on the  evidence shown that if we had to rely on him for a decent run of games it could really jeopardise our season even more (if it really needed any more)

1 hour ago, Spondon Owl said:

I think this will be controversial but I thought he played well. He was clearly nervous and dawdled a little but generally he was positionally sound and overall reasonably solid especially given the performances of the full backs. 

His give and go in the first half where he should have shot was what our central midfield should have been doing. Instead they sat deep and didn't have enough legs to contribute to all phases of play.

Anyway, fair play to the lad.

I thought he had a good game . nervous at the beginning , but settled and was solid. 

He was a bit nervy, which was understandable as he hadn't played for a while and there was large pressure on the team to get the three points. But I thought he did well, his distribution was good (for those criticising it - who played the ball that Rhodes flicked on for the goal? Yep, Sasso). Not afraid to carry the ball forward and won his fair share of tackles, didn't lunge in and give away any daft fouls. I'm really happy we have him as a back up, he's very solid and would slot straight into the starting XIs of a lot of championship teams.