Sasso

Guest Kagoshimaowl
34 minutes ago, Spondon Owl said:

I think this will be controversial but I thought he played well. He was clearly nervous and dawdled a little but generally he was positionally sound and overall reasonably solid especially given the performances of the full backs. 

His give and go in the first half where he should have shot was what our central midfield should have been doing. Instead they sat deep and didn't have enough legs to contribute to all phases of play.

Anyway, fair play to the lad.

Defensively he is very solid.  I like him.  His distribution is absolutely dogger though!  Lees doesn't have great passing skills either but compared to Sasso, he's like Bekenbeur ( can't spell!!  Lol)

2 minutes ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

Feck me some are so quick to dig at players for no reason.

Thought he was solid tonight, the only mistake he made was in Wigan's box, when Wallace flicked him through on goal

If Lees had produced the same performance everyone would be calling him "Mr Reliable", while also marvelling at how much better his distribution was!

Anyone slagging Sasso off on a night when no one was better than mediocre is either looking for a scapegoat or doesn't have a clue what to expect from a centre half 

So his two sky high clearances straight up in the air when it was easier to put the ball into either row z or the half way line didn't concern you? Or when he went marauding up the left flank and turned straight into their player and gave the ball straight away and didn't  make any real effort to get back behind the ball at any point still didn't concern you???

He's simply not good enough as a 3rd choice centre half for a promotion chasing team .

Thought he did very well indeed, had to grow into the game defensively but when he did (after 30min I'd say) he looked physical, willing, reasonably quick and quite aware. Likes to get forward too. He also listened when Westwood or Loovens had a word, often see Hunt giving a bit back if someone has a go which is a real gripe for me.

Anyway well done Vince, that's twice now you've stepped in on big stages and looked tidy. Happy to have him deputise next time on that showing.

1 minute ago, Mr. Tom said:

Thought he did very well indeed, had to grow into the game defensively but when he did (after 30min I'd say) he looked physical, willing, reasonably quick and quite aware. Likes to get forward too. He also listened when Westwood or Loovens had a word, often see Hunt giving a bit back if someone has a go which is a real gripe for me.

Anyway well done Vince, that's twice now you've stepped in on big stages and looked tidy. Happy to have him deputise next time on that showing.

Can't agree with any of That.  I was sat in the  pub watching it with Wednesday, Barnsley, Leeds and pig fans and they all said he looks dodgy.

Nothing controversial about this post.

The lad hardly plays.

There's no reserve football.

He comes in, in a key position. 

I thought he played well.

Couple of times he popped up on either wing and my heart was in my mouth,  but, hey Ho,  always going to be the odd mad moment.

Two superb bits of defending.

1st was a block from a cross from the right.

2nd was staying on his feet in a foot rave where a more panicky player would have lunged to the floor.

Did a good job 

I thought he did fine too, in so far as I could tell.  It's difficult to rate any performance off the TV, but defenders' performances in particular are hard to gauge because you only see the direct engagement and not the positioning.  Possibly interesting choices for CC next time one of Lees and Loovens is out, but he has a fit and available Hutch.

44 minutes ago, Spondon Owl said:

I think this will be controversial but I thought he played well. He was clearly nervous and dawdled a little but generally he was positionally sound and overall reasonably solid especially given the performances of the full backs. 

His give and go in the first half where he should have shot was what our central midfield should have been doing. Instead they sat deep and didn't have enough legs to contribute to all phases of play.

Anyway, fair play to the lad.

Not controversial, for a stand in with next to no game time he deputised well, especially given how much possession we conceded through bad decisions and poor execution.

2 minutes ago, JUNNY said:

Sasso was fckin so shuffle and david jones, everyone else did alright.

No he wasn't. He did well but had a few wobbles probably through lack of game time.

Everyone else did alright? Were you there? Hunt was abysmal

7 minutes ago, full fathom five said:

Can't agree with any of That.  I was sat in the  pub watching it with Wednesday, Barnsley, Leeds and pig fans and they all said he looks dodgy.

Well they would certainly know a dodgy player with all their experience of watching them.

8 minutes ago, full fathom five said:

So his two sky high clearances straight up in the air when it was easier to put the ball into either row z or the half way line didn't concern you? Or when he went marauding up the left flank and turned straight into their player and gave the ball straight away and didn't  make any real effort to get back behind the ball at any point still didn't concern you???

He's simply not good enough as a 3rd choice centre half for a promotion chasing team .

I agree that he looked a little nervous and perhaps was a little "adventurous" at times; but there were a couple of occasions when he just put his foot through the ball rather than play it back to Westwood, perhaps over simplifying things.

My point is he's hardly played all season, gets called upon at seemingly the last minute and comes in and (in my opinion anyway) puts in a solid performance. 

I would actually have liked to see us invest in further cover for centre back cover, but we are where we are on that one...

so I'll counter your question of does it concern me that he's our 3rd choice centre half with this... Do you think his performance was so dire in relation to the rest of the team that he deserves singling out?

I genuinely don't believe you do