Conor Hourihane

1 minute ago, Tudders said:

Are we interested or just linking him because of Winnall and because he's a good player? What are the rumours if any?

Think Dom Howson tweeted that the rumours of interest were true but nothing formal had been made (not sure what he knows mind you)

The same Barnsley fan that had evidence Winnall was coming to us a few days ago also stated yesterday that Hourihane had been to Hillsborough as well. He was PM'ING a text he'd recieved from one of Barnsleys players that had confirmed Winnall was going. So it was pretty legit. He's turned out to be correct anyway so maybe it'll be the same with Hourihane.

9 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

More interceptions per 90 minutes than any of our other CM's

More tackles per 90 minutes than any of our other CM's

More goals per 90 minutes than any of our other CM's

More assists per 90 minutes than any of our other CM's

Can either sit deep and be slightly more physical or just be a standard midfielder that likes to get to the edge of the area and do things. Nowt more really needs to be said!

Yet was very ineffective against us at Hillsborough where Winnall was probably their best  player. 

Only playing devil's advocate as I think he's a good player and would love us to sign him. Most Barnsley  fans I talk to say he's  their best player.

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

The same Barnsley fan that had evidence Winnall was coming to us a few days ago also stated yesterday that Hourihane had been to Hillsborough as well. He was PM'ING a text he'd recieved from one of Barnsleys players that had confirmed Winnall was going. So it was pretty legit. He's turned out to be correct anyway so maybe it'll be the same with Hourihane.

I've been told we have had dialogue with Hourihane but nothing concrete come of it YET.

Just now, full fathom five said:

Yet was very ineffective against us at Hillsborough where Winnall was probably their best  player. 

Only playing devil's advocate as I think he's a good player and would love us to sign him. Most Barnsley  fans I talk to say he's  their best player.

Forestieri was very ineffective against Wolves yet many would still argue he's our best player (And almost all would argue he's in our top 3). I get what you're saying but players have off days.

Was talking to some Barnsley fans last night in my local in Silkstone. They were resigned to losing Winall but are hoping the club puts up a fight to keep Hourihane. They all reckon he is by far their best player and are worried what will happen if they lose him.  

Just now, Mickjj said:

Was talking to some Barnsley fans last night in my local in Silkstone. They were resigned to losing Winall but are hoping the club puts up a fight to keep Hourihane. They all reckon he is by far their best player and are worried what will happen if they lose him.  

It just gets funnier.

1 hour ago, TigerOwl79 said:

He's a powerful, commanding, ball winning, chance creating midfield general, got an absolute beast of a left foot, scores screamers and can curl a free kick into the top corner from just about anywhere in the final third of the field plus the bulk of Winnall's goals this season have come from Hourihane assists. (I'm a steward at Barnsley and have seen all the home games this season and last)

You are supposed to watch the fans, or are you one of the lucky ones. 

Edited by daleblue

36 minutes ago, adamnich said:

Think Dom Howson tweeted that the rumours of interest were true but nothing formal had been made (not sure what he knows mind you)

Cheers fella can't keep up with things at the minute!!lol

Edited by Tudders

this has to have legs in it .. he's an absolute quality player - could potentially be a better player and would be better value for money than Alan Judge who we were all quite pleased with being linked with.

Definitely needs signing up if you ask me. £500k  for him? £1m for him and Winnall. F*cking steal!