HILLSBOROUGH - THE ULTIMATE SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY GROUND PHOTO THREAD

Guest addedtime
7 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Sheffield Wednesday Ground Hillsborough.jpg

And the kop when Pele came to play at Hillsborough

Daft question - what was the railing situation at the back of it? I get nervy thinking of leaning back onto something not very substantial up there!

Middlewood Patients at work at Hillsborough Football Ground.

" In 1968 many firms and business in Sheffield took patients whilst in hospital and gave them the kind of employment that they needed at the time. Some patients were encouraged to participate in the “halfway job” scheme. This meant that some patients for one day a week visited a firm. Sheffield Wednesday Football Club was one of those 'firms' where patients visited to do a variety of jobs around the stadium."

sheffield%20middlewood%20635.jpg

sheffield%20middlewood%20516.jpg

4 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

1966.jpg

Great picture

Must say i cant ever rememeber personally seeing the wraparound terracing on the lower Lep so must have been 60's

Ironically was probably a very modern, even futuristic stand for its day

• Like 1

12 hours ago, A12owl said:

Thanks owlstalk. That looks like the rubble we were standing on in almost the spot where the guy is walking. Brings back lovely memories of going to Hillsborough with my dad. Sadly he passed away many years ago. I am 68 and have great memories of the old times at Hillsborough 

Parts of that terracing are still there, I work as a turnstile operator, you can still see the old terracing from the offices underneath the west stand.

47 minutes ago, scram said:

Great picture

Must say i cant ever rememeber personally seeing the wraparound terracing on the lower Lep so must have been 60's

Ironically was probably a very modern, even futuristic stand for its day

With only 1 tunnel. Anybody know when the other (near North stand) was added. Would imagine that was quite a job.

7 hours ago, Owl_in_Hudds said:

We may not have got the best looking stadium in the world but what we do have is a fantastic and still beautiful FOOTBALL GROUND!

Yes she's outdated and in desperate need of some modernisation but bloody hell Hillsborough is still gorgeous to look at !!

A proper traditional football ground. Don't make them like Hillsborough anymore. It will look fantastic 'full' tomorrow.