Seen it all now

Guest Deleted member

1 hour ago, Grandad said:

We lose, and we aren't good enough

We win, and we aren't good enough because we didn't play well

Can you lot f3ck off to watch Barcelona and leave being a Wednesdayite to those of us who appreciate the difference between us now, and us 3 years ago

Are you the only person allowed an opinion here on Owlstalk ?

And why are you so abusive in your use of profanities on a site that is open

to children and women?

9 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

We came 6th last season.

We are 6th this season.

Regardless of the positions, regardless of the points totals, regardless of the results - we are playing nowhere near to the levels we reached at times last season.

Despite spending loads of money on wages and transfers.

We may go on picking up results whilst not playing well but usually in football, over the course of a season, you get what you deserve.

That is why people are moaning, because they realise if we don't start playing better, we might not come in the top 6.

It is unlikely that Chansiri will still be happily chucking money at this in 5 years - this is a limited opportunity.

Judging by history of clubs with outside investment you have a small window to make it to the PL money. You either do what the likes of Watford, Bournemouth and Southampton have done and make it or more likely you end up like Forest, QPR, Cardiff or Ipswich - thinking about how you had your chance and messed it up. Almost always - the clubs that buy well and have a good manager make it. The ones that buy badly never make it.

Therefore, whether you are happy, indifferent or unhappy to

how things are going on the pitch at the moment - it seems churlish to criticise those that are voicing legitimate questions when there are so many question marks over our Summer recruitment.

This has to be our time or our time may never come - and if I think that bad wee wee tail ups are being made that jeopardise that chance I will say so.

And I will say so in what ever manner I like.

Is promotion banned in 2017/18 then? Yet another ruling that's been slipped in unnoticed!

3 minutes ago, outlaw pete said:

Are you the only person allowed an opinion here on Owlstalk ?

And why are you so abusive in your use of profanities on a site that is open

to children and women?

You do realise you just quoted his profanities don't you?

Please can't we all just think of the little children.

(Not like that you lot in Rovrum!)

27 minutes ago, Key said:

And your point is...?

Kick racism out of football. Just sayin' 

One those positives is from me.

Our lass liked it as well, she's black...... Just sayin'

:duntmatter:

Edited by Mac_77

19 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Dave Allen wasn't bang on about anything. 

Today showed that we must keep Fernando in January and add a class striker to team.

Agree with first sentiment.   Allen was a prat (allegedly if you a reading, and if you aren't you are a complete bell end!)

2nd part?  No I think we have enough quality up top (stop laughing) it's more the fact we ponce around with the ball a bit too much and we are rarely precise with any through balls, and the crossing is abysmal.   Creativity is what we lack - lets be honest, Lee and Bannan make up for this lack of creativity with pure energy, but it won't always work and we ARE getting found out more and more. 

7 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

No we didn't but we played better on several occasions than we have managed in one single match this season.

Playing pretty football doesn't get you promoted. Scrappy horrible 1-0 wins do- as Burnley and Hull proved last year. We had many of our best players missing today, against a team that parked the bus, and still got a great result.

Football is as much about defending as attackng, are you lot criticising us today really criticising the way we've defended in the last two games? Because of the way Rotherham set up and the fussy ref, the game today was mostly about set pieces, and for a team that isn't always solid here, I thought we defended them brilliantly, and we created a few decent chances for our strikers from our own free kicks and corners..

The next game against Newcastle will be a totally different, probably much more open game, and I bet we will play much better football. But I'm not sure we'll win

5 minutes ago, Mac_77 said:

One those positives is from me.

Our lass liked it as well, she's black...... Just sayin'

:duntmatter:

Just plussed you back; not entirely sure why, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt!

Commiserations to your lass!

:stuwinky:

5 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Sorry cannot take anyone seriously who has just marked Jao performance down for a 8 !!!

I have extreme difficulty with anyone posting a sweeping negative generalisation of we were Poo. When they have never played a serious football game.

You must understand our opposites are not there to increase the entertainment value by rolling over,  they are there to stop us playing. As for Joao he did very well with a high % of balls played into him.

As for scores on the doors I tend to be positive, 7 is my average, I thought Joao was better than average hence 8.   

22 minutes ago, Mac_77 said:

Well said 

Not really, it's a different situation this season.

We are closer right now to the teams who went up auto last season, it's just that 3 teams came down who are very strong - well, Villa will come strong shortly i'm sure - and others around us are doing better.

Who would have thought Huddersfield would have started so strongly?  Who would have thought a team like Derby would have started so poorly?  

The comparison between last season and this is quite unfair.   It's a stronger league this season.

1 minute ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

No not at all.

But as I said, the window of opportunity will most likely be a small one.

So you think Mr C will put his wallet away after this season and/or that Carlos and the squad will just give up trying?

18 minutes ago, Cersei said:

Yes, for it is only possible to post one thread in the dressing room all weekend from inside. 

Not like i have a mobile or ten seconds free occasionally.

I live in a city centre apartment doing cool stuff all the time - what do you do m9?

Depends whether I'm working or not. Work shifts so could be days afters or nights although use lots of leave for home and away matches. Also have a family, wife, two kids albeit ones an adult one nearly an adult. On full weekends off always do something family wise, matches, pictures meals pub.  Anyway start a thread. Man with no friends and just a computer, trying to stop drinking and desperate to find out how the real world lives their lives, partly out of jealousy and hoping he gets it one day. Discuss................

Possibly a bit harsh but..........

1 minute ago, robswfc said:

Playing pretty football doesn't get you promoted. Scrappy horrible 1-0 wins do- as Burnley and Hull proved last year. We had many of our best players missing today, against a team that parked the bus, and still got a great result.

Football is as much about defending as attackng, are you lot criticising us today really criticising the way we've defended in the last two games? Because of the way Rotherham set up and the fussy ref, the game today was mostly about set pieces, and for a team that isn't always solid here, I thought we defended them brilliantly, and we created a few decent chances for our strikers from our own free kicks and corners..

The next game against Newcastle will be a totally different, probably much more open game, and I bet we will play much better football. But I'm not sure we'll win

I'm not talking about pretty football. Where on earth did I say that?

I am talking about playing well. You know - controlling matches, creating more chances than the opposition. We did that better on several occasions last season than we have ever managed this season IMO.

Do you disagree?

Guest Copthorneowl

It  is astonishing the level of abuse and crap and negativity that gets directed at the team and Carlos considering simply where we are and where we've come from.