Seen it all now

Guest Deleted member

2 minutes ago, Key said:

We won. I clapped. Does that make me a bad person?

PS

There were loads of seats available at £36 you know!

No its the law that the fans who whinge most about prices have to sit in the most expensive seats. 

4 minutes ago, stanningtonowl said:

Depends whether I'm working or not. Work shifts so could be days afters or nights although use lots of leave for home and away matches. Also have a family, wife, two kids albeit ones an adult one nearly an adult. On full weekends off always do something family wise, matches, pictures meals pub.  Anyway start a thread. Man with no friends and just a computer, trying to stop drinking and desperate to find out how the real world lives their lives, partly out of jealousy and hoping he gets it one day. Discuss................

Possibly a bit harsh but..........

Don't have a computer.

And I don't give f*ck what you or anyone thinks, post what I want.

Just now, Copthorneowl said:

It  is astonishing the level of abuse and crap and negativity that gets directed at the team and Carlos considering simply where we are and where we've come from.

What on earth has where we have come from got to do with it???

We had one of the smallest budgets in the division.

The last 2 seasons we have had one of the biggest.

It would be 'astonishing' if as a result our expectations hadn't become one of the biggest in the division.

1 hour ago, Grandad said:

We lose, and we aren't good enough

We win, and we aren't good enough because we didn't play well

Can you lot f3ck off to watch Barcelona and leave being a Wednesdayite to those of us who appreciate the difference between us now, and us 3 years ago

Season ticket holder who missed the game as I'm watching my second team this weekend .............Barcelona v Espanol tomorrow night, expecting it to be similar to three toy town game

Trust me I know how bad we were 3 years ago, the 13 years before that and most of the 70s

12 minutes ago, stanningtonowl said:

Depends whether I'm working or not. Work shifts so could be days afters or nights although use lots of leave for home and away matches. Also have a family, wife, two kids albeit ones an adult one nearly an adult. On full weekends off always do something family wise, matches, pictures meals pub.  Anyway start a thread. Man with no friends and just a computer, trying to stop drinking and desperate to find out how the real world lives their lives, partly out of jealousy and hoping he gets it one day. Discuss................

Possibly a bit harsh but..........

What I can infer from your post.

You work shifts so you're probably not well off. 

Your kids are adults so you're old.

You probably spend a lot of time being nagged by a wife who hasn't touched your balls in 15 years and you spend your time analysing a poster in a section of a forum you don't have the wit or intellect to post in.

Possibly harsh. Hope it is.

Merry Christmas 

King Tas

Edited by Cersei

3 minutes ago, stanningtonowl said:

Please continue posting what you want but have a look at your reply to me and reflect on what you put. I get that mine was also possibly not the best so truce?

Haha.

tHat is not How it works.

Beef confirmed, tHis board is now utter mayHem for you now.

Guest Copthorneowl
4 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

What on earth has where we have come from got to do with it???

We had one of the smallest budgets in the division.

The last 2 seasons we have had one of the biggest.

It would be 'astonishing' if as a result our expectations hadn't become one of the biggest in the division.

Where we've come from has absolutely everything to do with it .  Weve come from nigh on 20 years of turmoil both on and off the pitch. We've had manager after manager several very poor owners MM excepted almost gone bankrupt and out of business, not won anything worth talking about and seen our ground decay along with everything associated with us.

"The last two seasons" you can't know other clubs budgets we might be in the top 6 last year Lower this.

Our expectations started last year and for most people remain fairly well on track and furthermore emanate from our history of once being a very big club. One which I had the good luck (or bad if you consider being old) to see with my eyes.

We are in great shape and if you don't think so we're on a different book not page .

3 minutes ago, Cersei said:

What I can infer from your post.

You work shifts so you're probably not well off. 

Your kids are adults so you're old.

You probably spend a lot of time being nagged by a wife who hasn't touched your balls in 15 years and you spend your time analysing a poster in a section of a forum you don't have the wit or intellect to post in.

Possibly harsh. Hope it is.

Merry Christmas 

King Tas

Just read this post after I'd posted the other reply. I don't live in a maisonette in Leeds with chavs pi$$ing in the lift. I don't spend all weekend rattling for a drink posting on Owlstalk hoping for a plus post as a glimmer of hope of a friend. Posting threads passing this as conversation as I sit in my loneliness and thinking that I'm an intellectual. Oh and make sure you've got a good anti virus on your lap top or your love life as well as your friendship group might go away. Possibly harsh possibly not.

Happy new year

Queen Stannington:manager:

2 hours ago, Grandad said:

We lose, and we aren't good enough

We win, and we aren't good enough because we didn't play well

Can you lot f3ck off to watch Barcelona and leave being a Wednesdayite to those of us who appreciate the difference between us now, and us 3 years ago

You are such a sanctimonious t*sser.  The us of 3 years ago had not spent 12.5 million quid.  We played the bottom of the league

who are as good as in League One and we were atrocious.  Keep clapping Nigel.......you are not a Wednesdayite if  think that's acceptable.

48 minutes ago, outlaw pete said:

Are you the only person allowed an opinion here on Owlstalk ?

And why are you so abusive in your use of profanities on a site that is open

to children and women?

He thinks he is the authority on all things to do with our club.  Everything he says goes, so struggling to beat some

garbage team is ok and you have to accept it.  In reality he is a just another fan with an opinion which has no more

weight than yours or mine.

13 minutes ago, stanningtonowl said:

Just read this post after I'd posted the other reply. I don't live in a maisonette in Leeds with chavs pi$$ing in the lift. I don't spend all weekend rattling for a drink posting on Owlstalk hoping for a plus post as a glimmer of hope of a friend. Posting threads passing this as conversation as I sit in my loneliness and thinking that I'm an intellectual. Oh and make sure you've got a good anti virus on your lap top or your love life as well as your friendship group might go away. Possibly harsh possibly not.

Happy new year

Queen Stannington:manager:

:laugh:

Well played.

1 hour ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

We came 6th last season.

We are 6th this season.

Regardless of the positions, regardless of the points totals, regardless of the results - we are playing nowhere near to the levels we reached at times last season.

Despite spending loads of money on wages and transfers.

We may go on picking up results whilst not playing well but usually in football, over the course of a season, you get what you deserve.

That is why people are moaning, because they realise if we don't start playing better, we might not come in the top 6.

It is unlikely that Chansiri will still be happily chucking money at this in 5 years - this is a limited opportunity.

Judging by history of clubs with outside investment you have a small window to make it to the PL money. You either do what the likes of Watford, Bournemouth and Southampton have done and make it or more likely you end up like Forest, QPR, Cardiff or Ipswich - thinking about how you had your chance and messed it up. Almost always - the clubs that buy well and have a good manager make it. The ones that buy badly never make it.

Therefore, whether you are happy, indifferent or unhappy to

how things are going on the pitch at the moment - it seems churlish to criticise those that are voicing legitimate questions when there are so many question marks over our Summer recruitment.

This has to be our time or our time may never come - and if I think that bad wee wee tail ups are being made that jeopardise that chance I will say so.

And I will say so in what ever manner I like.

This is a great post in many ways but I wish people would stop banging on about how much money we have spent.

We spent more than we would normally but a lot less than a lot of others have and the quality of our squad was way below the top teams so any money we have spent over the last couple of years is helping us catch up with those other teams.......except those teams already with better squads are also srrenghthening in each window. 

People seem to think we have spent money so should now be better than everyone else as though we are the only ones spending money.