Jordan Rhodes, on loan

If we sign Rhodes we will have one of the most talented set of forwards ever assembled outside the Premier League in this country.

Fernando, Hooper, Fletcher, Rhodes and Joao.

Some money's worth there!

3 hours ago, Paul Triplo said:

Try to ship out:

Nuhiu

Bus

McGugan

Dielna

Semedo

Keane

Melo

Sougou

3 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Good luck with that . 

Easy.

Add manager. Real Madrid. Place bid for all those players 'x' millions each. Confirm signing. Retire from football.

Jobs a good un. 

4 hours ago, darra said:

Why do they need a replacement for a player whos only played around a 105 minutes for them this season?

The fact he has played 105 minutes says to me that he is cover incase of injuries. They know there will be takers for Rhodes, so I think they will see who they can get in first then let him out on loan and if they get no one then they won't let him out.

8 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

The fact he has played 105 minutes says to me that he is cover incase of injuries. They know there will be takers for Rhodes, so I think they will see who they can get in first then let him out on loan and if they get no one then they won't let him out.

Wouldn't the more sensible option be letting him go out on loan with an emergency recall clause? Unless Middlesbrough are happy to be paying a player a vast salary to sit in the Directors' Box at Hillsborough watching a match, I can't see what they would have to gain by holding onto him for an extra month.

6 hours ago, thommowl said:

People complaining we need to replace Pudil, Hunt, Palmer ffs these players are more than good enough to get promotion and would walk into most top teams in championship. We need creative midfielders and players that can put decents balls in the box to enhance our chance of promotion not defenders.  Hourihane at Barnsley is a player I'd be looking at would also be cheap as chips 

Exactly you say we need players who can put a decent ball in box. When hunt overlaps you know one of two things is gonna happen. Number 1 takes the ball and stops and passes backwards or number 2 delivers a bobbar cross. Palmer has no end product either. Wallace cuts inside so we need a player who can go to the by line and deliver good crosses and these two players do not fit the bill. 

Guest mrbluesky
3 hours ago, owls-swfc said:

# We're on a Rhodes to somewhere
Come join our side
Taking our side to somewhere
We'll take that ride
I'm feeling okay this morning
And you know
We're on the road to paradise
Here we go, here we go

My teeth are curling teasing this.

9 hours ago, thommowl said:

People complaining we need to replace Pudil, Hunt, Palmer ffs these players are more than good enough to get promotion and would walk into most top teams in championship. We need creative midfielders and players that can put decents balls in the box to enhance our chance of promotion not defenders.  Hourihane at Barnsley is a player I'd be looking at would also be cheap as chips 

All 3 not good enough, crosses coming in has cost us too much already this Season . 

4 hours ago, ChinaOwl said:

Wouldn't the more sensible option be letting him go out on loan with an emergency recall clause? Unless Middlesbrough are happy to be paying a player a vast salary to sit in the Directors' Box at Hillsborough watching a match, I can't see what they would have to gain by holding onto him for an extra month.

Maybe but can't imagine we would accept a loan deal with a emergency release clause in it.