Highlights

Guest mrbluesky

13 hours ago, WayneTheOwl said:

Just looking at Blackburn's disallowed goal...Emnes wasn't offside was he? Probably somet obvious but why wasn't that given? 

Just been discussing that int he office.  Think the Blackburn player that initially lunged for the cross was off and he got a slight touch which enable Emnes to score. Bloody close though and bad marking either way!

4 hours ago, Lincs Owl said:

I played the rovers chalked off goal back 4 times and couldn't see anything wrong with it.  Looks like we got lucky for once. 

The only thing I can think of is that Lees knew Graham was lurking so rushed a clearance. Graham was therefore interfering with play in an offside position.

1 hour ago, Jazzybmzoo said:

Just been discussing that int he office.  Think the Blackburn player that initially lunged for the cross was off and he got a slight touch which enable Emnes to score. Bloody close though and bad marking either way!

How can you successfully mark a player that is offside?

35 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

The only thing I can think of is that Lees knew Graham was lurking so rushed a clearance. Graham was therefore interfering with play in an offside position.

Just seen the extended highlights with RS commentary.

Seems that the flag went up as soon as the ball came across from the right so clearly the guy in the middle who lunged for it was offside. Must have been bloody close though.

In fairness I can understand Coyle being angry with that decision. If that had happened to us we'd be well dischuffed. It's like the disallowed goal against the Millers last season which McGeady scored. I guess you win some, you lose some, but had it been given then once again we'd be coming home with a point instead of all three. We've got to learn to kill off games like these, as was cruelly demonstrated at St Andrews, or we'll be getting brummed every away game.

7 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

In fairness I can understand Coyle being angry with that decision. If that had happened to us we'd be well dischuffed. It's like the disallowed goal against the Millers last season which McGeady scored. I guess you win some, you lose some, but had it been given then once again we'd be coming home with a point instead of all three. We've got to learn to kill off games like these, as was cruelly demonstrated at St Andrews, or we'll be getting brummed every away game.

If we'd have played like we'd done last night at Brum we'd be 5 out of 5...I'd say we ARE learning

3 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

Coyle needs to go and have a brush up on the rules. As ViolaOwls says, the cross was intended for Graham and he was offside. Lees had to play the ball to prevent it reaching Graham which clearly means that Graham was involved in influencing play. Had he not been there then Lees would not have had to intervene and the cross would have gone out of play.

He thought they did enough to win the game never mind draw - yes they had a bit more possession which is not such a surprise for a home side against a team with a lead to defend, but they had far less chances in terms of shots on and off target. I would imagine the possession stats were more in our favour up until we took the lead and probably until half-time. Just another manager under pressure clutching at straws and trying to deflect attention from another defeat.