Dale stephens

2 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

I rate Fletcher highly but Murray edges it for me, cleverer and more predatory 

He settled in quickly but now fletcher has to and is scoring goals now and also assisted the winner against forest so they are both quality players but it fletcher for me over Murray 

7 hours ago, Ash76 said:

I rate Fletcher highly but Murray edges it for me, cleverer and more predatory 

Murray might have a knack of scoring goals but Fletcher has played at a higher level all of his career and thinks quicker than most of the players on the pitch. I'd rather have Fletcher.

Fletcher is quite literally in a different league to Murray. Murray may gave a decentish track record at championship level but fletch, although not scoring loads has played nearly all his football at premier league level and scored goals at international level. No contest.

18 minutes ago, damianb1 said:

Fletcher is quite literally in a different league to Murray. Murray may gave a decentish track record at championship level but fletch, although not scoring loads has played nearly all his football at premier league level and scored goals at international level. No contest.

Bit of an irrelevant comparison really as both are centre forwards and won't see each other for 90 minutes apart from to shake hands at the end. 

As for Stephens and Kayal, those 2 are the reason we did so well last year and we'll be severely lacking with both missing. Hillsborough is an unlucky ground for us, and I can't see that changing on Saturday. The best Brighton fans could hope for is that the defence continues its string of clean sheets and we get a 0-0!

2 minutes ago, BHA83 said:

Bit of an irrelevant comparison really as both are centre forwards and won't see each other for 90 minutes apart from to shake hands at the end. 

As for Stephens and Kayal, those 2 are the reason we did so well last year and we'll be severely lacking with both missing. Hillsborough is an unlucky ground for us, and I can't see that changing on Saturday. The best Brighton fans could hope for is that the defence continues its string of clean sheets and we get a 0-0!

Who would you expect to line up in your midfield with those 2 out? 

47 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

Who would you expect to line up in your midfield with those 2 out? 

It'll be Steve Sidwell and Oliver Norwood. Both ok players, but neither has really hit any sort of form this year and are nowhere near the standard of Stephens and Kayal as a partnership. 

If it weren't for injuries and suspensions, I'd say that a 5 man midfield would be a possibility.  As it is, the only option would be to bring Rohan Ince in, and he's in really poor form, possibly to do with having a court case (intent to cause GBH) hanging over him. 

1 hour ago, BHA83 said:

It'll be Steve Sidwell and Oliver Norwood. Both ok players, but neither has really hit any sort of form this year and are nowhere near the standard of Stephens and Kayal as a partnership. 

If it weren't for injuries and suspensions, I'd say that a 5 man midfield would be a possibility.  As it is, the only option would be to bring Rohan Ince in, and he's in really poor form, possibly to do with having a court case (intent to cause GBH) hanging over him. 

What's the Brighton fans general feeling towards Stephens these days ? 

20 minutes ago, parkerowl said:

What's the Brighton fans general feeling towards Stephens these days ? 

It's ok. He wanted to go to Burnley and made a transfer request, but never actually refused to play. He was dropped to the bench until the last 2-3 matches and generally received a good reception when he was subbed on. There's also been no doubt about his commitment when he has played. 

Another post above about keeping Knockaert quiet. He usually has much less of an impact away from home. Wouldn't surprise me that much if he's not in the starting 11. 

10 minutes ago, BHA83 said:

It's ok. He wanted to go to Burnley and made a transfer request, but never actually refused to play. He was dropped to the bench until the last 2-3 matches and generally received a good reception when he was subbed on. There's also been no doubt about his commitment when he has played. 

Another post above about keeping Knockaert quiet. He usually has much less of an impact away from home. Wouldn't surprise me that much if he's not in the starting 11. 

What do you make of your new signings? Have you strengthened on last year or is it too early to say? Have you weakened!? 

Edited by TheEnchanter