Scenes at half time

We are all relatively well off. Jezza wants to make the poor a little wealthier and the super rich a fair bit poorer. Can't see what your gripe is...unless you're one of the latter. now get back to your Daily Mail/express/Sun.

1 hour ago, The only way is S6 said:

Not at all. Anybody who doesn't expect an element of daft, drunken behaviour amongst 2,000 away fans, at an away match is naïve in the extreme.

It's up to the authorities in that stadium to deal with them, not us.

I don't condemn or condone them, because I've been drunk & daft in the past.

I've yet to meet anybody in life, who hasn't.

You call it daft drunken behaviour but it isn't is it?

It's criminal damage and in some cases threatening and violent behaviour.

I lived on Penistone Road in the 60's, I've seen drunken people acting daft and setting about innocent bystanders, putting bricks through shop windows for a laugh. Bricks through car and coach windows for a laugh...only the people on the receiving end weren't laughing much.

What fans find a laugh isn't funny if it has a victim.

I was young once and got drunk and acted daft but I knew where to draw the line. Then I grew up. Tango should know better, he can't say he's young and daft.

If people don't know how to behave they need to be taught, if that means banning them until they learn then ban them.

Sorry but what exactly has Tango got to do with this? Where is the footage of him smashing up the away end and throwing grenades into the home end? Or him running on to the pitch and landing one on Che Adams' chin? 

He stood on a sign. Big deal. Every single time something kicks off at an away match and at Hillsborough if it's on the kop, he's always there. Trying to be the voice of reason. Maybe he stood on it to stop people picking it up again? To try and diffuse the situation. 

Simple stuff really,  it's on video ffs

Identify,  prosecute,  punish and ban those responsible. 

They don't need prison sentences and life bans. Just lots of unpaid, unpleasant work on a Saturday for a couple of seasons will do the trick for most. 

One further point the clubs and police have to take some responsibility in effectively allowing this 'concourse culture'  to exist.  From what I have seen policing/stewarding is being done on the cheap with too few minimum wage stewards faced with a drunken mob. Everybody knows this is happening,  everybody knows where and when it will happen, it requires the right number and the right level of staff/police to deal with it. When we can pay some mediocre second division footballers more than a million a year football certainly can afford it. 

6 hours ago, FuthaMucker said:

Sorry but what exactly has Tango got to do with this? Where is the footage of him smashing up the away end and throwing grenades into the home end? Or him running on to the pitch and landing one on Che Adams' chin? 

He stood on a sign. Big deal. Every single time something kicks off at an away match and at Hillsborough if it's on the kop, he's always there. Trying to be the voice of reason. Maybe he stood on it to stop people picking it up again? To try and diffuse the situation. 

Tango joins in with the poor behaviour until the stewards and/or the police intervene then he pretends he's peace keeper. It's old hat, he's boring and predictable. 

He's seen dancing across the sign for goodness sake it's not the example the club needs to be setting with him being a 'celebrity' fan and all. 

Edited by DanS6Owl
Spelling

9 hours ago, prowl said:

You call it daft drunken behaviour but it isn't is it?

It's criminal damage and in some cases threatening and violent behaviour.

I lived on Penistone Road in the 60's, I've seen drunken people acting daft and setting about innocent bystanders, putting bricks through shop windows for a laugh. Bricks through car and coach windows for a laugh...only the people on the receiving end weren't laughing much.

What fans find a laugh isn't funny if it has a victim.

I was young once and got drunk and acted daft but I knew where to draw the line. Then I grew up. Tango should know better, he can't say he's young and daft.

If people don't know how to behave they need to be taught, if that means banning them until they learn then ban them.

So they haven't grown up enough to look back on it like we are then? That explains it, in a nutshell. The details of the offences are for the authorities to decide, when (if) they step in. If it happened in the 60's as well as every other decade since, that's why I don't understand anyone's surprise. I've followed England, home & away for over 20 years & when one group grow up, or stop going, there's more than enough willing youngsters to fill their 'daft' boots. It happened in France 98 & also in France this June. It's the nature of the beast. Among any group of 2,000 away fans, some young men will get hissed, take drugs & act daft. I don't disagree with anything you say, I just can't pretend to be shocked by it. And in these days of cctv it should be a doddle to find them. Ironically, they even film it themselves! Now that is daft. 

Guest owlzaboutdat
17 hours ago, Zlin Owl said:

And why many clubs ban him from entering. 

Can I just say that Tango may have appeared to be involved but if you weren't stood there you would not have seen that he only stood on the board to prevent some others from picking it up. I didn't see anything wrong with the singing but to include Tango in the vandalism is ridiculous. 

15 minutes ago, owlzaboutdat said:

Can I just say that Tango may have appeared to be involved but if you weren't stood there you would not have seen that he only stood on the board to prevent some others from picking it up. I didn't see anything wrong with the singing but to include Tango in the vandalism is ridiculous. 

What a load of tosh

he can clearly be seen dancing or doing a jig of some sort on it. 

Stop apologising for him. 

He should be man enough to stand up and admit what he did was wrong. 

7 hours ago, Geedee said:

One further point the clubs and police have to take some responsibility in effectively allowing this 'concourse culture'  to exist.  From what I have seen policing/stewarding is being done on the cheap with too few minimum wage stewards faced with a drunken mob. Everybody knows this is happening,  everybody knows where and when it will happen, it requires the right number and the right level of staff/police to deal with it. When we can pay some mediocre second division footballers more than a million a year football certainly can afford it. 

this /\

It would be easy for clubs and police to sort this nonsense out, but most turn a blind eye. Remember hearing a fan killed a few years back due to 'concourse banter'.. but nothing's changed

And as for Tango, its time the club took action, dont get me wrong there are many worse than him, but he's made himself identifiable

Guest owlzaboutdat

Yes he was dancing on the sign but that doesn't make him guilty of vandalism nor does it make him responsible for the ones that did rip the sign down. That sign being passed around overhead was much more dangerous than it was on the floor and yep he clearly danced on it. There could have been someone hurt if it had been picked up again and passed around. You didn't hear him telling anyone to leave it before he danced on it. Where you there? Did you see it being passed around over head. Someone could have gotten hurt and fair enough if it had been the knobs that ripped it down then it would have served them right but if had been anyone who was just there singing and dancing then I don't think they would have deserved it. I only deal with the facts because I know just how easy it is to make assumptions and jump to the wrong conclusion.

Just watched the video and I can to some point understand the teenagers getting up to trouble, young and stupid, just not thinking about what they're doing. It's the adults, joining in and doing nothing to stop it. 

A few months ago I was walking through my local park and I saw a group of teenagers breaking up the kids play area, 15 years ago I might have been one of those teenagers but now I'm 35, with a wife and 2 kids so as an adult I went over to the group and tell them to stop it. I didn't join in smashing up the park. Grow up. 

Seriously how old is Tango. 

7 hours ago, Geedee said:

Why try to make this a political/wage issue? Did the police/stewards start this? How many of the ones involved were on minimum wages, or on the dole, or even 'well-off'? The whole thing revolves around one thing - RESPECT. Were any club to usher the away supporters (or even some of their own) into little more than cattle pens, they would very quickly be critised, and rightly so, for their behaviour. in showing disrespect to the fans. Yet a few of our following (I don't call them either fans or supporters)think it is acceptable to go around acting as Vandals/Thugs/Louts, call them what you will, and have the right to do so.

I well remember, as a lad, when the away team came out first at Hillsborough, and I booed. I received a clip round the ear from my Dad, a Wednesdayite for many years, who said ' Tha' dun't boo t'away side, lad. Dun't cheer, but dun't boo. It's called respect.' This was at a time when police/stewards were far less numerous than now, 20k was a small crowd,and Dad a working steelworker. Maybe, it had something to do with the fact that he loved his pint or several, but could hold his ale, and also the fact that Pubs weren't open all day, and grounds were 'dry'.