Scenes at half time

13 hours ago, FuthaMucker said:

Sorry but what exactly has Tango got to do with this? Where is the footage of him smashing up the away end and throwing grenades into the home end? Or him running on to the pitch and landing one on Che Adams' chin? 

He stood on a sign. Big deal. Every single time something kicks off at an away match and at Hillsborough if it's on the kop, he's always there. Trying to be the voice of reason. Maybe he stood on it to stop people picking it up again? To try and diffuse the situation. 

Yeah he looked like he was trying to calm the situation on the concourse, ......, give over you fool .

Every club have these ropey two bob U-18 hooligans swiggin smirnoff ice on the trains down to away games,

When they get in the ground they are all past it and pack together like full on degenerates all holding each other up and club together in general chimping about. Pretty hard to stop tbh, Though the fact they are that thick and can manage to work their phones in the state they are in and film it should make it somewhere to start,

When at away games i sink as much beer as possible, but I can't say i ever get that drunk to feel the need to throw a pie at a copper, rip toilet signs down off the wall and chuck warm beer all over fellow fans.  -

I heckle our worse players, heckle the opponents worse players. Go crazy when we score, Do a poser Look to the sky in disblief when we concede and then ramble on twitter to any blunt fans and any of what Jonathan Buchan on RS has to say. Simple, Then on way home think of any excuse to get more beer inside me before the curry lands and celebrate/commiserate everything about the day with all the Wednesdayites on the train back,

19 hours ago, sten said:

We are all relatively well off. Jezza wants to make the poor a little wealthier and the super rich a fair bit poorer. Can't see what your gripe is...unless you're one of the latter. now get back to your Daily Mail/express/Sun.

He also despises his own country as do most trotskyists. By making the poor wealthier you mean giving unlimited handouts to the feckless who have no desire to work hard. Gordon Brown believed in a client state and look where that got him. Also if you believe in handing over the Falklands and Gibraltar and sucking up to the IRA and Hezbollah the vote Jezza. And in doing so you'll consign the uk to 25 years of Conservative rule.

Well done and good luck

Guest Princeabdullah

Find this really embarrassing, but it's only a small minority of fans. Every club has them. Anyone who knows who did this should have a word or say it's unacceptable in a reasonable manner not to upset the said "fan", this isn't Sheffield Wednesday fans, hope it doesn't tar your super fans. 

3 hours ago, BRADDO said:

He also despises his own country as do most trotskyists. By making the poor wealthier you mean giving unlimited handouts to the feckless who have no desire to work hard. Gordon Brown believed in a client state and look where that got him. Also if you believe in handing over the Falklands and Gibraltar and sucking up to the IRA and Hezbollah the vote Jezza. And in doing so you'll consign the uk to 25 years of Conservative rule.

Well done and good luck

Another collection of tired cliches, go back to reading.....no, don't bother, it's too late.

12 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

Why try to make this a political/wage issue? Did the police/stewards start this? How many of the ones involved were on minimum wages, or on the dole, or even 'well-off'? The whole thing revolves around one thing - RESPECT. Were any club to usher the away supporters (or even some of their own) into little more than cattle pens, they would very quickly be critised, and rightly so, for their behaviour. in showing disrespect to the fans. Yet a few of our following (I don't call them either fans or supporters)think it is acceptable to go around acting as Vandals/Thugs/Louts, call them what you will, and have the right to do so.

I well remember, as a lad, when the away team came out first at Hillsborough, and I booed. I received a clip round the ear from my Dad, a Wednesdayite for many years, who said ' Tha' dun't boo t'away side, lad. Dun't cheer, but dun't boo. It's called respect.' This was at a time when police/stewards were far less numerous than now, 20k was a small crowd,and Dad a working steelworker. Maybe, it had something to do with the fact that he loved his pint or several, but could hold his ale, and also the fact that Pubs weren't open all day, and grounds were 'dry'. 

I did am not try to make a political/wage issue out of it.  If you knew me you would know that I am not the slightest bit interested in politics. If you read my post what I am saying is the 'concourse culture' problem could be solved if the resources were put in to solve it.Giving it the job of a few  civilian low paid,  poorly trained  stewards is not the answer. Would you outnumbered challenge a load of drunks?  I know I wouldn't

Also Saying they should be taught and show respect and this is what my Dad did when I was a young un is quite frankly irrelevant  even though I have empathy with the point you are making. 

1 hour ago, sten said:

Another collection of tired cliches, go back to reading.....no, don't bother, it's too late.

The labour party has imploded since new labour. It is now and for the foreseeable future unelectable. I have been a labour member for well over a decade but I will not vote for either of the leadership candidates in any election. 

2 minutes ago, Spondon Owl said:

The labour party has imploded since new labour. It is now and for the foreseeable future unelectable. I have been a labour member for well over a decade but I will not vote for either of the leadership candidates in any election. 

I concur. However, I'm not sure that Sten will be interested in your intuitive post. He sounds like a paid up member of momentum 

5 hours ago, BRADDO said:

Well done and good luck

Thats quite ill informed but your entitled to express your view. 

9 hours ago, Geedee said:

I did am not try to make a political/wage issue out of it.  If you knew me you would know that I am not the slightest bit interested in politics. If you read my post what I am saying is the 'concourse culture' problem could be solved if the resources were put in to solve it.Giving it the job of a few  civilian low paid,  poorly trained  stewards is not the answer. Would you outnumbered challenge a load of drunks?  I know I wouldn't

Also Saying they should be taught and show respect and this is what my Dad did when I was a young un is quite frankly irrelevant  even though I have empathy with the point you are making. 

Why should we need more resources! Surely people should be able to manage themselves. Isn't that the point?

36 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

I rarely drink, as in I maybe drink one or two times a year.  I don't have an issue with people drinking either.  However, how many of the people causing that damage do you think were sober?

Personally, I think football would be better off if alcohol was not served inside stadiums at all.  

I like a drink most evenings as it helps me relax but if it made me smash things up and generally be a turd then I would stop drinking instantly. I don't think it's a drink issue I just think the people who do this sort of thing are a bit thick. You can't tar everyone with the same brush and ban everything just in case it makes idiots act more like idiots.

26 minutes ago, Gonzoman said:

I like a drink most evenings as it helps me relax but if it made me smash things up and generally be a turd then I would stop drinking instantly. I don't think it's a drink issue I just think the people who do this sort of thing are a bit thick. You can't tar everyone with the same brush and ban everything just in case it makes idiots act more like idiots.

I'm not saying it's entirely down to drink.  I just think that alcohol plays a part in pretty much all trouble one sees at a football match.  Banning alcohol inside stadiums might not stop trouble altogether but I would bet it reduces it.