Official January Transfer Window Thread

4 minutes ago, Liamswfc92 said:

Wigan have made a £750,000 offer for Grimsby striker Omar Bogle, according to Sky sources.

We understand the fee could rise to £1m with add-ons for the current leading scorer in Sky Bet League Two.

Grimsby have already rejected three bids in the region of £850,000 for the striker.

I think whoever gets him will have a decent profit in the future. 

3 minutes ago, Liamswfc92 said:

Wigan have made a £750,000 offer for Grimsby striker Omar Bogle, according to Sky sources.

We understand the fee could rise to £1m with add-ons for the current leading scorer in Sky Bet League Two.

Grimsby have already rejected three bids in the region of £850,000 for the striker.

Might turn out to be a bargain if they get him. Should we make a rival offer? Unsure but looks to have potential and something about him and wouldn't break the bank.

Bristol Post are suggesting we asked about Josh Morris, or rather they're saying the Daily Mail said we did. Not sure if mentioned before...

The Daily Mail report that Sheffield Wednesday - Bristol City's opponents this evening - and Wigan have enquired about signing Scunthorpe United winger Josh Morris, who was recently linked with a move to Bristol City.

The 25-year-old has been in prolific form scoring 19 goals and has helped fire Scunthorpe to the top of League One.

Read more at http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/bristol-city-transfer-news-live-on-deadline-day-matty-taylor-switch-close-david-cotterill-updates/story-30099085-detail/story.html#PErI816e626v4FSX.99

1 minute ago, sheriwozgod said:

My worry is , the only semblance of a rumour is Rhodes.................which is leaving us looking awfully weak in other areas for the rest of this season , which isnt great when you think about the size of our squad.

We could be looking at players right now with no rumours. We are not just looking at Rhodes just because there is no 200 page thread on anyone else. 

3 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

16:09

TAYLOR CROSSES TOWN

Matty Taylor has left Bristol Rovers to join...Bristol City.

The striker has joined for an undisclosed fee and becomes the first player to move directly from Rovers to City since 1987.

Big move that. I bet Rovers are absolutely fuming. A player that's scored nearly 80 goals for them over the past 3 seasons and has contributed dramatically to their rise then just hops over to the enemy for 300k.  

5 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

TAYLOR CROSSES TOWN

The striker has joined for an undisclosed fee and becomes the first player to move directly from Rovers to City since 1987.

Brave man !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(apologies if this has been posted already)

David Cotterill has been told by Birmingham he has to find a new club - I know we've sniffed around him in the summer, would you take him? Good winger at this level on his day. I'd have a look at him if it was for nowt

18 minutes ago, Milan Missing Marble said:

Might turn out to be a bargain if they get him. Should we make a rival offer? Unsure but looks to have potential and something about him and wouldn't break the bank.

With Joao going we don't have anyone with a bit of speed and strength. 

4 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Big move that. I bet Rovers are absolutely fuming. A player that's scored nearly 80 goals for them over the past 3 seasons and has contributed dramatically to their rise then just hops over to the enemy for 300k.  

He even has the Winnall beard. Never trust a big ginger beard.

1 minute ago, ramone said:

David Cotterill has been told by Birmingham he has to find a new club - I know we've sniffed around him in the summer, would you take him? Good winger at this level on his day. I'd have a look at him if it was for nowt

Imagine the breaking news...........we have failed in bid for £9m goal machine BUT got a Brummie reject FOC..........................ALTOGETHER NOW........"WERE ON OUR WAY.....WERE ON OUR WAY......

Just now, twolaptops said:

Imagine the breaking news...........we have failed in bid for £9m goal machine BUT got a Brummie reject FOC..........................ALTOGETHER NOW........"WERE ON OUR WAY.....WERE ON OUR WAY......

I'm imagining it... Not sure what the issue is? Plays in a different position, good player. Would improve us. 

4 minutes ago, ramone said:

I was just posting that... haha. Even touting himself on Twitter. Wouldn't actually mind him as a back up player.

IMG_5114.PNG

11 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

TAYLOR CROSSES TOWN

Gonna be lots of empathy between Barnsley and Bristol Rovers fans. That is absolutely brutal.

Just now, Bluesteel said:

With Joao going we don't have anyone with a bit of speed and strength. 

Yeah, was thinking along those lines. Unsure how good he his to be honest. Does look and sound good to be fair. We could do with some pace in the team, be it at full back, out wide or upfront. I'd like us to take a chance on some young talent, as long as we don't break the bank. For a lot less than Rhodes we could get 3 or 4 quality young players like the likes of Bogle; Morris, Robinson or Irvine, etc.

1 minute ago, Milan Missing Marble said:

Yeah, was thinking along those lines. Unsure how good he his to be honest. Does look and sound good to be fair. We could do with some pace in the team, be it at full back, out wide or upfront. I'd like us to take a chance on some young talent, as long as we don't break the bank. For a lot less than Rhodes we could get 3 or 4 quality young players like the likes of Bogle; Morris, Robinson or Irvine, etc.

I suppose that's the gamble really, if he had a good year at this level he'd be worth ten times as much.