Where do you think we will finish based on what you've now seen?

57 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

So, again something directed at me

If you had told me on August 1st this would have been our recruitment, I would have said exactly the same thing and it has absolutely nothing to do with results

-We've yet to address either fullback position

-We've yet to address our physicality weakness in the midfield (Jones is halfway there in my opinion... and I'm also not a fan of necessarily always playing the 'midfield bruiser')

-We've only half addressed the lack of pace issue (Buckley, really need one more with pace)

-We've only half addressed the lack of winger issue (Again, Buckley is one of probably two we really needed)

The signings we've made have been great, it's the signings we haven't made is the problem. Calling me pathetic for pointing out that we haven't strengthened in areas the majority thought we were weak in last season is, in itself, quite pathetic. 

Think we saw CC's answer to the no pace issue on Saturday.

I would consider Joao to be fast, and I don't think Fletcher is 'slow' from what i've seen this season. By playing them together we have a good mix of pace, power and quality. Granted i only caught the extended highlights from Saturday game but I thought the signs were encouraging. Both are much more mobile than Hooper/Nuhiu who i think will struggle to start over the next few weeks.

Agree think we need to sign a pacey winger though, i don't know if it would make us better but it gives us the option to play on the counter and opens other doors. Doesn't have to be somebody with great quality but if you look at Huddersfield for example, Van La Parra...average player but in a system that suits him and causes problems because he is fast, teams have to adjust to counter that. Nobody adjusts vs us because our attack can sometimes be one dimensional.

However can't see us bringing in another winger unless Matias is out for a while or Buckley isn't what CC likes.

RB position is only a problem when we are losing, Hunt/Palmer are scapegoated too much, nobody ever notices them when we win. I still have faith one of them will come good this season, but if we were to be promoted an upgrade would be needed. Signing another LB is inevitable too, anybody young and quick would be nice.

Edited by Del_Liles

2 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

So, again something directed at me

If you had told me on August 1st this would have been our recruitment, I would have said exactly the same thing and it has absolutely nothing to do with results

-We've yet to address either fullback position

-We've yet to address our physicality weakness in the midfield (Jones is halfway there in my opinion... and I'm also not a fan of necessarily always playing the 'midfield bruiser')

-We've only half addressed the lack of pace issue (Buckley, really need one more with pace)

-We've only half addressed the lack of winger issue (Again, Buckley is one of probably two we really needed)

The signings we've made have been great, it's the signings we haven't made is the problem. Calling me pathetic for pointing out that we haven't strengthened in areas the majority thought we were weak in last season is, in itself, quite pathetic. 

Give it a rest. 

Carlos has said he isn't looking for more physicality in midfield and I prefer to trust his judgement. Part of the reason our midfield has been poor is down to the fact that Bannan and Wallace have, in my opinion been poor.

Weve signed a Czech international full back and we are looking for a back up, it's hardly a crisis position. RB I agree is an issue, but Liam Palmer is adequate. One solution is to turn our defense into beast mode and play hutch at RB with Lees and Loovens in the middle. RB is hutchs original position.

We are looking for a left winger at the moment. We have hooper Joao Matias, FF, fletcher, Wallace, Abdi and Nuhiu. Remember we started last season with Nuhiu and an injured Matias.

7 hours ago, Carbone said:

We need Hutchinson back in the middle to give us some balls there, or a new physical defensive midfielder. Without that, outside top 6. 

If he plays there he will miss large chunks of the season through injury/indiscipline..

We were in a similar position this time last season before CC 'found a team' and got Hooper in scoring goals.

Not yet convinced we can repeat this - as someone alluded to, we have made good signings but our actually recruitment hasn't been great.  Still a few areas that haven't been addressed despite crying out for attention over the summer.  We still have time but the clock is ticking..and its a tougher league than last season which isn't helping.

Going for 9th and a clear out over the summer, with a new man at the helm for 17/18 not an impossibility.

5 hours ago, AlbertOB said:

So far we have lost to Leeds, Burton  and scraped a draw at Brenttord..................not looking good...............unless there is significant improvement we will be fighting relegation.....I hope not but on current form thats the truth

Jesus wept.

scraped a draw? We could and probably should have won at least 2 of the last three games. 

2 hours ago, CrosbyKitchens said:

Jesus wept.

scraped a draw? We could and probably should have won at least 2 of the last three games. 

Fair point you make. Could easily have been two up at HT v Leeds and sat their waiting to trounce them in the second.

Top ten is certainly not beyond us, with the squad we have now. Two or three top drawer signings this week, and who knows, maybe the play offs again. Perhaps it would be wrong to say that recruitment has been disappointing, it may be just a case that the bar has been raised, and that level of recruitment won't be enough to take us to the next level. Anyway, three days to go, so let's see what happens

More worried at this stage about the dynamic and togetherness of the team than actual results.

We were a tight 'team' last year , and I'm concerned over the damage the Forestieri situation has done.

I think 10th - 6th with a huge push after Jan transfer window closes.

1 minute ago, Bannofan said:

More worried at this stage about the dynamic and togetherness of the team than actual results.

We were a tight 'team' last year , and I'm concerned over the damage the Forestieri situation has done.

I think 10th - 6th with a huge push after Jan transfer window closes.

I think this is the crux of it mate. Only time will tell I guess.