CLUB STATEMENT: Catering being brought back in-house

Guest Deleted member

This is why we need a purpose built modern stadium somewhere where the transport links are better, parking is better, and the stadium could be utilised more on non-match days

1 minute ago, Grandad said:

This is why we need a purpose built modern stadium somewhere where the transport links are better, parking is better, and the stadium could be utilised more on non-match days

while we are on about a out of town modern stadium .......have people thought about parking and how much the club would charge ...8 quid on top of the 42 quid entry would sort a few out .

On 9 August 2016 at 11:51, steveger said:

A Pie on the Kop for a Category A game this season will set Wednesday fans back £42 if they are non-members, while that rises to £49 for a Hot Dog in the South Stand. There is a £5 discount for members.

Sorry couldn't help myself :ph34r:

But that would only apply to part timers.

A pie season ticket holder on the kop would get his pies at an average price of just £17:50.

4 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

But that would only apply to part timers.

A pie season ticket holder on the kop would get his pies at an average price of just £17:50.

Three year season ticket holders get free pies for 10 matches of their choice and a free pint a game

Guest Grez Bez
1 hour ago, Grandad said:

1 hour ago, torryowl said:

while we are on about a out of town modern stadium .......have people thought about parking and how much the club would charge ...8 quid on top of the 42 quid entry would sort a few out .

Who said anything about out of town?

Best place for it would be the city centre.

2 hours ago, Grandad said:

I just can't agree.  On paper, maybe the figures might be right - i'm not sure, I have no where near enough information to say one way or another, but even assuming the financials work out better for a move.    I still can't agree.

Pick a stand at a time over a five or ten year period to regenerate - that is raise to the ground and start again bringing up to scratch.    The stand built for 96 can be last which would be 2026 ish. 

At the same time, things in and around the ground, including getting things like football busses back on, more reasons for people to stop behind after a game such as on site pubs and restaurants -  reasonably priced to stagger people leaving a little bit etc.  

I would literally try to exhaust every possibility to make Hillsborough work before leaving, I love it that much.    Heart over head I know, but I just don't want a new ground.   Evolution not revolution, and all that.

Guest Grez Bez
1 hour ago, torryowl said:

go on tell me the benefits of a stadium in the middle of the city centre ..........

For Wednesday or Sheffield?

On 10 August 2016 at 18:05, Grandad said:

Dunno why this only got one +1 Nigel. It will happen though, once we get into the top flight and look like staying there.

It is possible to redevelop the stadium to maximise non match day revenue, Ashton Gate is an example. Noticeable the people who advocate a move away from the clubs spiritual home are the ones who are out of Towner's, non natives. 

Wednesday draw a large percentage of their support from the north of this city and should remain in the vicinity, there's not much space up this end to build a new flat pack that some of you non traditionalists love. A non descript replica of the likes of Derby, Stoke, Leicester or the like on the edge of the M1 with poor links to the city will never hold sway with proper fans.

On 8/10/2016 at 18:05, Grandad said:

you are spot on . said it a million times, you cant expect to try and catch the big boys with a stadium 25 years out of date that makes little to no non matchday income

12 minutes ago, james o connor said:

you are spot on . said it a million times, you cant expect to try and catch the big boys with a stadium 25 years out of date that makes little to no non matchday income

PLenty of top flight clubs developed where they are; Man Utd, Liverpool,Barcelona..............

On 9 August 2016 at 17:41, LSOwls said:

Time to go ahead with my street food idea

Close the gates to the club shop after kick off, fill the car park with street food vendors and bosb yer uncle. Few booze trucks in there too

LOADS of space and we may even sell a thing or two in the shop as we must sell ZERO whilst a game is on...

STREET FOOD.PNG

There may be 1 problem.... The area you have highlighted is full of cars.