CLUB STATEMENT: Catering being brought back in-house

Be careful what you wish for....

Does this mean SAG can now force the kiosks to be closed at the top of the ramps on the North for fear of a stampede if someone drops a hot pie or if the kiosks get busier as a result of this fantastic move, the ramps become blocked by thousands busting to sample the new menu?

I suspect Lindley's and SAG have colluded for years to ensure the escape routes are kept as clear as possible...

45 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Can anyone remember when we were going to be serving linguine and stroganoff under Lee Strafford? 

Was that just a figment of my imagination? 

I distinctly remember one of the food outlets had a specials board advertising crayfish tagliatelle during the Strafford era. 

I don't get why people are so offended by someone having to use a calculator to work out their change, assuming they don't have a till to rely on like most other shop staff? As long as they don't take forever using it I don't see what the issue is. It can hardly come as a surprise that some kids working on minimum wage for a few hours a week might not be as good as you at maths... I sometimes have to work with complex mathematical equations using 3D matrices and vectors but I'm still shite at doing sums in my head. I suspect most people who aren't tradesmen probably are if they're not practising it every day.

26 minutes ago, Adam1867 said:

I was impressed with Milton Keynes last year. Not sure if they do it in house, but to have the logo of the club on a pie is a nice touch.

You'd need to be pretty skilled to get our new club crest in pastry WTF:

3 minutes ago, Dan™ said:

I don't get why people are so offended by someone having to use a calculator to work out their change, assuming they don't have a till to rely on like most other shop staff? As long as they don't take forever using it I don't see what the issue is. It can hardly come as a surprise that some kids working on minimum wage for a few hours a week might not be as good as you at maths... I sometimes have to work with complex mathematical equations using 3D matrices and vectors but I'm still shite at doing sums in my head. I suspect most people who aren't tradesmen probably are if they're not practising it every day.

You've actually raised a point here

Why do they have to add up on calculators and then put the final total into the till?

Why not ring in the items on the till which would then calculate the final total?

Or even better have a P.O.S system where they just press on a screen what the customer has ordered ?

That way stock control will be way more accurate, as would knowing what to order in to satisfy demand etc

Owlstalk Shop

Using the facilities at Hillsbro behind the kop is like going back in time to the 1970..also surrounded by people puffing away with cigs like their lives depend on it.  

I feel sorry for the kids that work there.  We had to take a cup of tea back 3 times cos it was cold everytime

When you use the facilities at Ipro, KC etc. you can see how much we still have to do.

1 minute ago, Dan™ said:

I've had this argument on here before but people choose to continue to be snotty about it.

You can't get temporary staff for a couple of hours every week or two that are experts at everything. You just can't.

People have to remember that mostly these are young, inexperienced people with little practical work experience who are trying their best amongst a rowdy (and sometimes horribly insulting and belittling) crowd who are just earning pocket money whilst trying to build up some kind of experience on their CV to go and find a job in the wider world. Considering they don't have a till or lots of modern technology the quickest and easiest way is to use a calculator and were is absolutely nothing wrong with that at all.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Why do they have to add up on calculators and then put the final total into the till?

Why not ring in the items on the till which would then calculate the final total?

Or even better have a P.O.S system where they just press on a screen what the customer has ordered ?

That way stock control will be way more accurate, as would knowing what to order in to satisfy demand etc

That sounds way to sensible to be feasible  lol

Just now, DeeJayOne said:

I've had this argument on here before but people choose to continue to be snotty about it.

You can't get temporary staff for a couple of hours every week or two that are experts at everything. You just can't.

People have to remember that mostly these are young, inexperienced people with little practical work experience who are trying their best amongst a rowdy (and sometimes horribly insulting and belittling) crowd who are just earning pocket money whilst trying to build up some kind of experience on their CV to go and find a job in the wider world. Considering they don't have a till or lots of modern technology the quickest and easiest way is to use a calculator and were is absolutely nothing wrong with that at all.

Well said...at least people could be polite about it....People use football matches to just be the biggest tw@ts that they can't be in real life.

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

They don't have working tills on the majority of kiosks so are supplied with calculators.

Of course, in an ideal world the club will now put in a new POS system than will allow for things like season ticket/member discounts and TeamCard loyalty points collection by scanning your card, etc.

1 minute ago, daveyboy66 said:

Do you think that they could be looking at a completely new refurb/build for the shop as they are running the stock down ? 

It must be as the old logo does not seem to be allowed anymore. Wrong time of the season to be doing it though. Missed out on a fortune after the high of Wembley.

But it's got to be done at some point. It may not be anything big at the moment as we're due a new kit supplier so that has to be taken into consideration.

Do away with cash transactions altogether.

Everyone who is a season ticket holder or member has a card. Make available the ability to load money onto that card and scan it at the point of sale (with pre-poured drinks, while we are at it)

For those that aren't season ticket holders or members, sell the card without those details on it to anybody who wants one for £5 at the start of the season and they just top it up as they go.