CLUB STATEMENT: Catering being brought back in-house

Bloke round here 'Gross Franck'...does 'pulled' any meat you can think of bread cakes...and they are bloody fantastic. He has two restaurants and his pop up van. Also a 'steak' pop-up in a reight smart 'van/thing' open ups every Thursday and Friday night in front of the Dry Cleaners. These types of smart 'food sellers' aren't difficult to track down, are of very good quality and carry the 'H&S' risk which the club could 'vet'. Profit share with a season exclusive deal..whatever works ...job done.

2 hours ago, oldtawnyowl said:

Don't let Andy hear you say that.:rolleyes:

Come on Andy, ask the club if your can rent one or more outlets in the ground.

Would be a good business oppportunity to promote "Andy's award winning Pork Pies"

Apologies Andy. Of course I meant "MULTI Award winning Pork Pies"lol

People complaining for years to bring catering back in house...

Catering brought back in house....

People complain the pricing will be too high because it's brought back in house

I flipping hate some of our fans, complain about everything.

18 minutes ago, oldtawnyowl said:

Apologies Andy. Of course I meant "MULTI Award winning Pork Pies"lol

Thank you 

I had your post ready to quote as I carried on reading. 

Guest Grez Bez

Time to go ahead with my street food idea

Close the gates to the club shop after kick off, fill the car park with street food vendors and bosb yer uncle. Few booze trucks in there too

LOADS of space and we may even sell a thing or two in the shop as we must sell ZERO whilst a game is on...

STREET FOOD.PNG

1 minute ago, LSOwls said:

Close the gates to the club shop after kick off, fill the car park with street food vendors and bosb yer uncle. Few booze trucks in there too

LOADS of space and we may even sell a thing or two in the shop as we must sell ZERO whilst a game is on...

STREET FOOD.PNG

I love the idea, but would it really work. A weeing cold day in January isn't going to attract many people before / after a game.

Guest Grez Bez
1 minute ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

I love the idea, but would it really work. A weeing cold day in January isn't going to attract many people before / after a game.

That's true!

Could lob a marquee up or something I suppose. Maybe stick some table in the old ticket office/ bottom end of shop

Guest Deleted member
4 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

For tasty and diverse products, I don't mind paying a bit more.

Id agree with that to a point - as catering is optional

It still winds me up paying £2.30 for a bottle of water thats 30p in Costco (on the odd occasion I forget to take one in with me)

56 minutes ago, DeeeeeJ said:

People complaining for years to bring catering back in house...

Catering brought back in house....

People complain the pricing will be too high because it's brought back in house

I flipping hate some of our fans, complain about everything.

Stop complaining  lol

Another consideration is that a lot of the kiosks are just that - kiosks. Small spaces where people sell stuff that is cooked elsewhere and just stocked up in the kiosk ready for serving.

There is no prep or cooking/catering facilities within most of the kiosks and to retrofit that, for most foods, into them is either extremely cost-prohibitive or perhaps even impossible due to the small spaces and lack of modern catering facilities built into the infrastructure of the stadium.

So, to have multiple different caterers with different types of foods might be a stretch. Largely the food will have to be prepared elsewhere then taken to hotplates on the concourse kiosks to be sold. This works where there are lots of the same foods warmed up (pies, etc) in spaces at the stadium then taken to the kiosks - or for local suppliers (e.g. Beres) who are situated close to the ground and can supply in from nearby but actually prepping/making bespoke or complex dishes for the concourses that aren't cooked up in the kitchens anyway for hospitality, etc, might be really difficult and would need a significant change to the infrastructure of the stadium.

40 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Id agree with that to a point - as catering is optional

It still winds me up paying £2.30 for a bottle of water thats 30p in Costco (on the odd occasion I forget to take one in with me)

You're paying for water!? You deserve to be ripped off.

Guest Grez Bez
47 minutes ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

49 minutes ago, LSOwls said:

STREET FOOD.PNG

Thinking about it, we could probably do the same below the South stand and this area is covered.

52 minutes ago, LSOwls said:

STREET FOOD.PNG

Bit of a trek from your seat during the match.

It's got the basics there, more would buy before the game but that would only benefit the North Stand. SAG wouldn't be happy for all the Kop to go that way

22 minutes ago, AlbertOB said:

Dont think Ive ever had a TUNA pie

Iv had a few....it's amazing what you can find in Reflex on a Saturday night....

About time we did this. 

Theres a huge opportunity for the club to invest significantly in the concourses now that they'll earn the reward. For me the North Stand concourses must be redeveloped by extending outwards (maybe even demolishing/moving the club shop). I went to a 49ers game last year and the concourses had everything.