CLUB STATEMENT: Catering being brought back in-house

Guest Grez Bez
57 minutes ago, torryowl said:

either of them coz i'm blowed if i can see any ........

Then you lack vision my friend!

- Great transport links for  both home and away supporters.

- Great potential to use the stadium for other means whilst not in the football stadium (Bars/ restaurants/ shops etc)

- Rejuvenate a run down area of the city centre

- HUGE footfall for local business on a match day

Example below (Ignore the stadium shape etc...). All stands could host a number of bars/ restaurants/ gyms etc....

Castle Market.png

4 minutes ago, mike84 said:

There may be 1 problem.... The area you have highlighted is full of cars.

Not sure if serious?

We could build a stadium on top of park hill flats. Easy access for all and could properly regenerate the area.

Could have a touch of Monaco? / Marseille ? with car park underneath etc. 

Would also look classy with the Real Madrid style tunnel entrance from below AND we'd never get flooded again

8 minutes ago, Paolo Di Catio said:

We could build a stadium on top of park hill flats. Easy access for all and could properly regenerate the area.

Could have a touch of Monaco? / Marseille ? with car park underneath etc. 

Would also look classy with the Real Madrid style tunnel entrance from below AND we'd never get flooded again

Bloody hell, you're reminding me of playing football up there and having to chase the ball downhill after it went out of play.

Wouldn't want to be a ballboy at your new stadium. 

Guest BRADFIELDOWLS

All clubs that have built new stadiums in UK have then gone down the pan, Bolton, Coventry, Southampton, Leicester, Wigen, etc.

Even Arsenal, who haven't won the league for ages and still can't afford a decent striker.

Plus.not one of these places has a decent atmosphere - except Wembley when OWLS play.

No thanks. Better offf sorting club's commercial and retail sides first, and finding new training ground - suggestions anyone?

Guest Grez Bez
15 minutes ago, BRADFIELDOWLS said:

All clubs that have built new stadiums in UK have then gone down the pan, Bolton, Coventry, Southampton, Leicester, Wigen, etc.

Even Arsenal, who haven't won the league for ages and still can't afford a decent striker.

Plus.not one of these places has a decent atmosphere - except Wembley when OWLS play.

No thanks. Better offf sorting club's commercial and retail sides first, and finding new training ground - suggestions anyone?

I do agree

I think updating Hillsborough is by far the best plan, however if we are to move it should be in the centre other than an out of town souless bowl.

As everybody else has upgraded it's made Hillsborough more iconic due to its history.

A castle is a castle until its the last one left!

16 minutes ago, BRADFIELDOWLS said:

Maybe Hillsborough park could be used for fan site?image.pngimage.png

As per new training ground, what's happening with the old Presto site?

Looking around the area on Google Earth, there's land around the old monkey works down the road. Dunno how old the Google pic is. Land also available just across the river from it

31 minutes ago, BRADFIELDOWLS said:

To be fair, Southampton and Bolton,Wigan and Leicester badly needed new grounds.

we don't need a new stadium. Just some modernising of our current one.

On 08/09/2016 at 11:51, steveger said:

A Pie on the Kop for a Category A game this season will set Wednesday fans back £42 if they are non-members, while that rises to £49 for a Hot Dog in the South Stand. There is a £5 discount for members.

Sorry couldn't help myself :ph34r:

The difference here though is that the club knows that there is no alternative for us when it comes to watching Wednesday, and is prepared to exploit that ruthlessly. The fans are the masters when it comes to catering. If they don't sell what we want at a price that we are prepared to tolerate there's no sale. Even if they don't see that now, they soon will, when they lose the comfort of the current contract.

3 hours ago, LSOwls said:

Then you lack vision my friend!

- Great transport links for  both home and away supporters.

- Great potential to use the stadium for other means whilst not in the football stadium (Bars/ restaurants/ shops etc)

- Rejuvenate a run down area of the city centre

- HUGE footfall for local business on a match day

Example below (Ignore the stadium shape etc...). All stands could host a number of bars/ restaurants/ gyms etc....

Castle Market.png

Not sure if serious?

where do people park ?........

Guest Grez Bez
1 minute ago, torryowl said:

where do people park ?........

In the big grey bits? Underneath the stadium?. I think it would have to be part of the proposal/ build

Where do you usually park whne you go to town? Where do you park when you go to Hillsborough;?

Edited by Grez Bez

8 minutes ago, LSOwls said:

In the big grey bits? Underneath the stadium?. I think it would have to be part of the proposal/ build

Where do you usually park whne you go to town? Where do you park when you go to Hillsborough;?

there are already plans in place for that area

19 minutes ago, LSOwls said:

the big grey bits arnt as big as the stadium ...factor in there as to be a walk round area and room for queues at the turnstiles ,the players and sponsors car park and room for various other matchday essential vehicles, a section of the car park blocked off for visiting coaches to park   ...youd be lucky to get a 1000 cars in that area and thats if they are prepared to pay the parking fee's the club would charge .you then have the problem of access and exiting on already chocka blocked city centre roads .....there as far as i can see no street parking around that area .......have any clubs built a new stadium in a city centre ,i know rovrum did but even with a 12k capacity parking is a nightmare down there .

Edited by torryowl

5 minutes ago, torryowl said:

the big grey bits arnt as big as the stadium ...factor in there as to be a walk round area and room for queues at the turnstiles ,the players and sponsors car park and room for various other matchday essential vehicles, a section of the car park blocked off for visiting coaches to park   ...youd be lucky to get a 1000 cars in that area and thats if they are prepared to pay the parking fee's the club would charge .you then have the problem of access and exiting on already chocka blocked city centre roads .....there as far as i can see no street parking around that area .......have any clubs built a new stadium in a city centre ,i know rovrum did but even with a 12k capacity parking is a nightmare down there .

also this https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/planning-and-city-development/regeneration/castlegate-regeneration.html will be in the way

Guest Grez Bez
5 minutes ago, torryowl said:

Let's not get carried away with the image. I said a stadium in the city would be greta, not this exact stadium that i nicked from goole images and coloured in in paint would be.

With any building parking would be part of the plan. Hillsborough isnt exactly a car parking utopia!

I know Pete - Just an example image

13 minutes ago, silentpete said:

there are already plans in place for that area

2 minutes ago, LSOwls said:

Let's not get carried away with the image. I said a stadium in the city would be greta, not this exact stadium that i nicked from goole images and coloured in in paint would be.

With any building parking would be part of the plan. Hillsborough isnt exactly a car parking utopia!

I know Pete - Just an example image

Pointless anyway as we're not moving grounds