Rival watch

1 minute ago, Gnarwolf said:

Does anyone actually see Wolves as any sort of a threat this season? I know they’ve spent a bit of money but would anyone take any of their players to be in our starting 11, genuine question as I haven’t seen much of them?

Got a couple of alright players. but player for player there ain't much difference between say them and Q.P.R.

Just now, pazowl55 said:

There sacking there manager blaming him. But the players they got as a whole just ain't as good as the top teams in this division. However I do expect them to rectify that in two or three transfer windows time.

Yep, I think their owners may have more coinage than DC

1 minute ago, pazowl55 said:

Got a couple of alright players. but player for player there ain't much difference between say them and Q.P.R.

I know they’ve got a couple of Benfica loanees that are supposed to be handy, but we have past experience in those types of leagues and players can take up to a year to adapt to the championship, and the rest of their squad aren’t exactly pulling up any trees, don’t think there’s anything to be worried about personally

5 minutes ago, Gnarwolf said:

I know they’ve got a couple of Benfica loanees that are supposed to be handy, but we have past experience in those types of leagues and players can take up to a year to adapt to the championship, and the rest of their squad aren’t exactly pulling up any trees, don’t think there’s anything to be worried about personally

think you only have to look at our team to see that our most effective players had Championship experience before joining us and its a massive gamble bringing in untested ones.

14 minutes ago, casbahowl said:
17 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

Yep, I think their owners may have more coinage than DC

Based on what exactly  ?

I would base it on their willingness to throw money at unproven foreign players. They might not have more than DC but they are not as thrifty (so far)

5 minutes ago, modboy said:

think you only have to look at our team to see that our most effective players had Championship experience before joining us and its a massive gamble bringing in untested ones.

Exactly my thinking, I mean Alex Lopez was so good for us at the back end of last season but then he went off back to Celta Vigo after taking most of the season to get up to speed, similar will happen with the Wolves players I think

22 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

There sacking there manager blaming him. But the players they got as a whole just ain't as good as the top teams in this division. However I do expect them to rectify that in two or three transfer windows time.

Puts into perspective the success we've had in recruitment since DC arrived at the club. That said there was already a good platform in place from the MM days.

You also have to give DC credit with the appointment of Carlos given new owners have come in at Villa and Wolves and have changed managers very quickly.  Reading too with Thai Owners have got through several managers in a short space of time.

It'll be interesting to see where all the clubs with foreign owners in particular are at the end of the season?

4 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Thai Owners have got through several managers in a short space of time.

I think there are many owners that come in and do not realise how difficult it is to turn the fortunes of a football club around. They think splash the cash, new players, new manager and in a couple of months you are top of the league.

I think we have to thank MM for choosing a new owner carefully and counselling DC on the hard facts of football. Also the continued support from Paul Aldridge.