Championship Predictions

2 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

It's going to be a very tall order to get top 2. We are up against premier squads and finances people. Top 6 for me and play off lottery 

No premier league squad in championship mate, their all championship squads now. Know where your coming from though, hopefully we will be a premiership squad next season.

2 minutes ago, OWL1969 said:

No premier league squad in championship mate, their all championship squads now. Know where your coming from though, hopefully we will be a premiership squad next season.

Let's  hope so pal. Clearly no club can compete with the financial might of Newcastle. Villa could be a basket case but I expect Norwich to be as ruthlessly efficient as Burnley were last season. I just can't see us top 2 I'm afraid. 

56 minutes ago, OWL1969 said:

No prediction from me, just an observation, most people going for top 6, many top 2, so good to see such optimism, can't remember the last time there was such a feel good factor around Hillsborough. Thanks Dc and Cc for giving us long suffering fans pride back in our club. Long may it continue UTO!! 

Here here pal !

You have to assume that Newcastle will be strong. They already had a team that was capable of winning this division and have recruited well. And Benitez is a top coach.

If it clicks for us, I see no reason why we can't match the likes of Norwich, Derby and Villa and be in the mix for top 2. We aren't starting from scratch, the team and Carlos know each other, we've added two excellent players to last year's squad and the players we've lost, while good, are dispensible (Sasso, Lopez).

I'd say we have a god chance of going up automatic, and should consider anything less than top 6 a disappointment.

But it's a long season, and it hasn't even started yet.

Edited by WC1Owl

I think we will finish a solid second with Norwich taking the number one spot.

The experience gained from last season and shrewd signings this term will prepare us like we haven't had for many a year.  

I think Benitez will be poached from Newcastle and his big time charlies get fed up with getting ruffed up and they'll be in turmoil!

And my tip for play off victory is Derby, very well organised and strong experienced side

Newcastle United

Aston Villa

------------------------

Norwich City (Play-Off Winners)

Sheffield Wednesday

Cardiff City

Derby County

------------------------

Fulham

Reading

Wolverhamtpn Wanderers

Queens Park Rangers

Birmingham City

Brighton & Hove Albion

Leeds United

Nottingham Forest

Wigan Athletic

Blackburn Rovers

Brentford

Huddersfield Town

Bristol City

Ipswich Town

Burton Albion

------------------------

Barnsley

Preston North End

Rotherham United

Top scorer - Adam Le Fondre. 

Wednesday top scorer - Gary Hooper. 

2 hours ago, aeroswfc said:

Newcastle United

Aston Villa

------------------------

Norwich City (Play-Off Winners)

Sheffield Wednesday

Cardiff City

Derby County

------------------------

Fulham

Reading

Wolverhamtpn Wanderers

Queens Park Rangers

Birmingham City

Brighton & Hove Albion

Leeds United

Nottingham Forest

Wigan Athletic

Blackburn Rovers

Brentford

Huddersfield Town

Bristol City

Ipswich Town

Burton Albion

------------------------

Barnsley

Preston North End

Rotherham United

Top scorer - Adam Le Fondre. 

Wednesday top scorer - Gary Hooper. 

40 minutes ago, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

1..Norwich

2..Wednesday

3..Derby

4..Ipswich

5..Newcastle

6..Birmingham

22..Blackburn

23..Burton

24..Villa

Two contrasting opinions of where Villa will finish. lol

FWIW, I'd go with Dipps.

On 7/30/2016 at 17:31, parkerowl said:

Ill go against the grain here and say Newcastle wont have it all their own way - 6th

An optomistic 2nd place for us.

I agree mate.

Hope they have a bad start & the mardy arse Geordies start their usual antics of turning on themselves.

Too difficult when you consider that the transfer window is till open and a lot could happen between now and the end of the month.

There really hasn't been much transfer activity in the Championship though - with the exception of Newcastle. I don't whether players are biding their time to see what options are available, but it's all a little quiet. Very few clubs seem to have strengthened much.

1. Newcastle

2. Norwich

3. Fulham

4. Brighton

5. Wednesday

6. Huddersfield

7. Derby

8. Aston Villa

9. Brentford

10. Forest

11. QPR

12. Leeds

13. Birmingham

14. Ipswich

15. Preston

16. Wolves (???)

17. Barnsley

18. Reading

19. Cardiff

20. Wigan

21. Bristol City

22. Blackburn

23. Rotherham

24. Burton Albion

On Monday, August 01, 2016 at 17:35, Sham67 said:

Two contrasting opinions of where Villa will finish. lol

FWIW, I'd go with Dipps.

I think they will struggle.....but if the get Mc in then lower bottom like Fulham last season....

Seen a few clubs now get relegated from Prem and go down again....."it's a funny old game"......

I'd rather see Newcastle-Weeds-Brighton....drop... but we can all wish can't we....UTO!!!!!!COME ONNNNNNNN! !!!!

Sure opinions will change again b4 kick off this wkend. Although its crazy money, Mcormack is a    realiable, decent signing and maybe the player villa need ? Newcastle have again strengthened with clarke from villa so with Hanley from Blackburn ,  2 new centre backs for them ... Could go either way, tho i think they'll win league (as per my predictions). Tell u what, this season is gonna be a ride and a half , so open its unreal and that goes 4 both ends of table.  :manager:  Uto !!!!