CC has made his recommendations

Can't believe the new season is almost upon us already, only feels like 5 minutes ago we were sat at Wembley.

Let's hope the players take the hurt from that day into the new season and rip some teams a new one.

I genuinly love this squad, seems like a real togetherness...and we've made it even bloody better! 

Duffy or Manga would be a awesome partner for Lees. Either Anya or Reach would be good additions because their not only quality but can play a few positions. And a decent defensive midfielder would be handy for the squad and a long gruelling season. We're very strong in the goalkeeping, midfield creativity and goalscoring departments. A bit more strength in depth and we'll have a great chance and a realistic shout at going for top two.

31 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

My only concern is a lack of a plan b.  We've got some quality creative players but what if the nice passing isn't working, would love a big tall lump we can throw on that's guaranteed to win headers.

Isnt that what we got Fletcher for

1 hour ago, ANDY said:

6.5 Pudil & Abdi

3.0 FF

3.0 Hoops

12.5m for 4 experienced players. 

12.0+ McCormack 

id take our four any day over McCormack. 

Too right mate. 

Got to hand it to DC , he knows how to get a bargain . 

19 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Bennett was our alternative target to Pudil at LB, according to Nixon - but was more expensive. 

Pudil is a much more rounded defender at this level. Bit of a no brainer for me. I think Nixon is guessing half the time.

Can't see us going after another forward , to get better than we have will cost a lot of money especially as we have 6/7 players who can play up front as it stands (include Bus and Sougou) .

can see 2/3 midfielders or defenders coming in especially if McGugan transfers out .

I was thinking the alternative may have been Mulgrew.. So perhaps that's still a possibility if he lowers his wage demands, Got to say I wouldn't be against that as he can fill numerous positions. 

Edited by s29wfc

We all thought we needed a better big striker. We got a great one in Fletcher.

We all thought we needed a Midfielder at least as good as Lopez. We got way better than that in Abdi.

We all thought we needed a LB, and we know Pudil is a good one.

It is obvious that we need a CB, so I think we can sit quietly and confidently knowing one is being talked to right now.

2 hours ago, ANDY said:

6.5 Pudil & Abdi

3.0 FF

3.0 Hoops

12.5m for 4 experienced players. 

12.0+ McCormack 

id take our four any day over McCormack. 

Apologies if I've missed this somewhere but where is 6.5m coming from for the pair?... The last I heard the price for Abdi was 4m. (Previously 3 but I'm guessing this has increased) I like Pudil and I wanted him back this season but I can't help but think 2.5-3.5m is a hell of a lot for a 30 year old LB who although was good last season, wasn't that crucial to where I would spend that kind of money.

I guess it's the market we find ourselves in today and if DC wants to go for it then what the hell, why not.

1 hour ago, Milan Missing Marble said:

Duffy or Manga would be a awesome partner for Lees. Either Anya or Reach would be good additions because their not only quality but can play a few positions. And a decent defensive midfielder would be handy for the squad and a long gruelling season. We're very strong in the goalkeeping, midfield creativity and goalscoring departments. A bit more strength in depth and we'll have a great chance and a realistic shout at going for top two.

We've got no chance with Anya tbh lol

40 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

A Quality centre half , a back up left back and a pacy winger  would see us about right in my opinion . 

And try and  shift some of the deadwood .

Plus a beast of a midfielder in my opinion. Sometimes if we're under the cosh to other top teams we're a bit too lightweight.

1 hour ago, mogbad said:

Plus a beast of a midfielder in my opinion. Sometimes if we're under the cosh to other top teams we're a bit too lightweight.

Dont agree.

If, and only if, we play the odd game where Carlos feels we need more strength in midfield, he can now play 451 with Fletch on his own up top. We didn't have that option last year.

There is no way we are going to outlay 3 or 4 million on a quality beast in midfield. That money has been spent.

The only beast we need now is a CB.

Just to add....Hooper is one of my massive favourites so I would see 451 as a four-games-per-season last resort.