Post traumatic Wembley disorder

We're on our way , we're on our way ... It's like that annoying pop song you can't get out of your head , but I actually love this chant - one of the most emotional and loudest chants I've ever heard from our amazing , incredible fans. Absolutely proud to be a part of it last Saturday.

What got me was the song 'we on our way' 16 years of crap and I feel like crying because I do think it's real All I know is Wednesday are on the way. Bloody hell the Wembley game just snuck up on us. Our club is bigger than we remember and people will travel to see us.

I actually said to the missus yesterday think in got some kind of post traumatic stress going on. Too pissed sat night,too hungover/pissed Sunday, it's only really been Monday and Tuesday where the pains kicked in. And the songs just won't go away.

Edited by SheffieldGraduate

No different here and I think it's making the defeat harder for me coz whenever I stop singing it, I forget about it and move on. But no, it comes back. It comes back when I go to the shops "to the Morrisons, we're on our way...", outside "to the dustbins, we're on our way..." and "to the caravan we're on out way" (I camped just outside Aylesbury over the weekend and travelled to Wembley from there). I'm not sure it will ever leave. Needs to be bellowed out in August and beyond.

Same here.

My shed has had about 3 coats of paint since i got back sunday. Also, every time i nip to the shop or the chippy in the village there are Hull fans everywhere!? the village only has 3000 people in it so why does it seem like there's more hull fans here than was at Wembley. 

Do you live in Royston Vasey? lol

Goddam Pigeons are on it, in Somerset..

Tried the drink it out of system all day Sunday, didn't work just felt like having a strop.

Its over Faceprowl as well. Also tried re watching the match, ended up foaming at the mouth.

Time will be the only healer, as rightly said earlier - let's get to the first friendly and exorcise the ghost.

Goddam Pigeons are on it, in Somerset..

Tried the drink it out of system all day Sunday, didn't work just felt like having a strop.

Its over Faceprowl as well. Also tried re watching the match, ended up foaming at the mouth.

Time will be the only healer, as rightly said earlier - let's get to the first friendly and exorcise the ghost.

I just don't think you understand.

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh

I'm in the Lakes for a few days and I swear that I heard someone near me singing it in Bowness earlier on today. Or it could have just been the voices in my head. I'm not sure anymore!

I work in bowness so there is a good chance it was me either singing it or whistling it

Help, really struggling here, ever since Saturday all I can hear is "We're on our way". And I mean all the time, when I'm falling to sleep, at the shop, in the shower. I occasionally get a bit of respite and it's "We've got Bannan"

How long will it last? It's driving me insane, anyone else the same?

This is also happening to me. The sound of traffic now sounds like a distant faint rendition of 'On our way'. My ears keep pricking up to sounds and I think it's Wednesday fans.

Go to sleep singing it and wake up singing it

I MISS WEMBLEY

At last, a communal therapy thread. That song will be forever lodged in my skull, not only as I enjoy it, but as the most significant part of the day. Monumental support after half-time. Refusing to give up, even when Hull attacked or got corners. Almost over it now, and refuse to look at that match as an ending, and more as a start, of bigger & better things to come. DC & CC got the message. They need to fulfil the potential now.

How bizarre, exactly the same two songs, I'll give it another week .Then try medication.

For all of you there, fantastic support, can't wait to go again.

UTO

FTP

WAWAW

Don't bother.

I've already tried medication :-

Beer

Lager

Vodka

None of it works.  Songs just get bloody LOUDER !!    WTF:

I'm starting to improve! At breakfast this morning I was thinking how much I liked jam on freshly cut bread and for a full two minutes this was the only thought in my head! Time is indeed a great healer.

Help, really struggling here, ever since Saturday all I can hear is "We're on our way". And I mean all the time, when I'm falling to sleep, at the shop, in the shower. I occasionally get a bit of respite and it's "We've got Bannan"

How long will it last? It's driving me insane, anyone else the same?

I just have the..."What if we had won" thing still going through me head...be there for a couple more days yet i should think.