Hull aint shifting those tickets!

they sold just below 20k vs our 27.5k and they're taking the wee wee out of sales. we haven't even got to general yet lol

And we can only buy one ticket per ID were as they can buy multiple. A lot of people waiting for general including myself so I can get my dad a ticket.

Sadly I predict that at some point in the middle of this week the Football League will release a statement that is almost word for word identical to the one they put out for West Ham v Blackpool.

which was?

"In an email to a KUMB.com member earlier today, a representative of the governing body said: "Blackpool requested approximately 38,000 tickets with West Ham having slightly more than 39,000.

"The last time Blackpool were in a Championship play-off Final in 2010 they sold approximately 37,000 tickets. Therefore a request for a similar allocation this time was not considered to be inappropriate and obviously both clubs deserve to be treated equally and fairly."

However in the statement released this afternoon on football-league.co.uk, the FL insisted that it was "unreasonable" to expect them to have amended the process so that empty seats could have been returned and given to some of the thousands of West Ham supporters who will not now be able to attend the game.

""The Football League and Wembley Stadium have co-operated to provide West Ham United with more than 40,000 tickets for the Championship Play-Off Final, the largest ticket allocation a club has received since this match returned to Wembley," read their missive.

"Given the need to segregate supporters in seating, concourse and turnstile areas, the only way of providing West Ham with a greater number of tickets would have been to restrict Blackpool's ticket allocation to 30,000 at the outset of the ticket sales process.

"However, with Blackpool having sold more than 36,000 tickets for this same match two seasons ago, that would have been unreasonable."

"In an email to a KUMB.com member earlier today, a representative of the governing body said: "Blackpool requested approximately 38,000 tickets with West Ham having slightly more than 39,000.

"The last time Blackpool were in a Championship play-off Final in 2010 they sold approximately 37,000 tickets. Therefore a request for a similar allocation this time was not considered to be inappropriate and obviously both clubs deserve to be treated equally and fairly."

However in the statement released this afternoon on football-league.co.uk, the FL insisted that it was "unreasonable" to expect them to have amended the process so that empty seats could have been returned and given to some of the thousands of West Ham supporters who will not now be able to attend the game.

""The Football League and Wembley Stadium have co-operated to provide West Ham United with more than 40,000 tickets for the Championship Play-Off Final, the largest ticket allocation a club has received since this match returned to Wembley," read their missive.

"Given the need to segregate supporters in seating, concourse and turnstile areas, the only way of providing West Ham with a greater number of tickets would have been to restrict Blackpool's ticket allocation to 30,000 at the outset of the ticket sales process.

"However, with Blackpool having sold more than 36,000 tickets for this same match two seasons ago, that would have been unreasonable."

It's a fair point. If Hull do not sell their full allocation, to offer their empty seats to us would mean moving Hulls fans out of the block next to our fans, re-seating the Hull fans somewhere else, and then sorting out the segregation of the fans. Not forgetting that the Hull fans, like us, will have bought seats so they can sit with their family/mates, so this would be a logistical nightmare.

I can't see our allocation increasing and never could. Might be wrong though, but doubt it.

It's a fair point. If Hull do not sell their full allocation, to offer their empty seats to us would mean moving Hulls fans out of the block next to our fans, re-seating the Hull fans somewhere else, and then sorting out the segregation of the fans. Not forgetting that the Hull fans, like us, will have bought seats so they can sit with their family/mates, so this would be a logistical nightmare.

I can't see our allocation increasing and never could. Might be wrong though, but doubt it.

It's poor and it's wrong but I agree with you. There will just be a load of empty seats which isn't fair on those who will want to go but miss out.

But as long as we sell our allocation and turn Wembley into a home from home I personally don't care as most regular attendees will be there.

Serious question. Why do people keep typing blavges, when it is blavdes. Have I missed a joke here or something?

On certain pictures of an empty John Street Stand (most home games), the lettering in Blades looks like a g instead of a d. Coupled with their logo in the middle making the V

I'm sure someone has a picture they can post

I've missed the joke on this one, can someone explain please? PM or here?

This is one picture where the D looks like a G. I had not seen this until last night.

Bramall_lane1.jpg

This is another picture where the D is complete.

bramalllane3.JPG

Hope that clears it up.

It's poor and it's wrong but I agree with you. There will just be a load of empty seats which isn't fair on those who will want to go but miss out.

But as long as we sell our allocation and turn Wembley into a home from home I personally don't care as most regular attendees will be there.

I'm not sure it's poor necessarily, more the fact that they have to be fair with the allocation, i.e. 50/50. Perhaps in future they (Wembley) should possibly leave blocks near the half way line, on side of the ground, free, as an overspill if the full allocation isn't taken by one team, and the other can sell that block (see image below). That way, nobody would need to be moved from that block to other areas which would remove the issue of re-seating different numbers of people wanting to sit together. This is assuming that they can segregate etc.

46afbeb.jpg

Not sure if the block I have highlighted are part of the Corporate area, but if they are, swap this to the other side.

Wouldn't it make more sense to split the ground north to south instead of East to west? That way you can leave 3 or 4 blocks behind each goal open dependent on ticket sales from each club and allocate the remainder accordingly. As been the cheapest areas this also negates the issue surrounding those fans getting better tickets than priority fans?

Just a thought.

Wouldn't it make more sense to split the ground north to south instead of East to west? That way you can leave 3 or 4 blocks behind each goal open dependent on ticket sales from each club and allocate the remainder accordingly. As been the cheapest areas this also negates the issue surrounding those fans getting better tickets than priority fans?

Just a thought.

I must admit, after I came up with my suggestion of leaving empty blocks on the half way line, I did think about the costs of the tickets, so your idea would solve that issue.

Just a thought.

This would be fairer for penalty shootouts, they wouldn't take place in front of one team's fans with the other group of supporters waiting for the cheers or groans to find out whether or not they'd scored.

I must admit, after I came up with my suggestion of leaving empty blocks on the half way line, I did think about the costs of the tickets, so your idea would solve that issue.

All great idea's are born from others haha, it makes sense to me, but it will never happen as the FA need a modicum of common sense! And I think we all know the answer to that.

Not really a surprise Hull have sold so little.

Given Hull is a rugby city, it was magic weekend and people would rather spend money going to that.

Not to mention the Hull City fans and the current owners, they're not the best of friends.

Will be a shame to see a lot of empty seats for the so called "richest game in football"

Just a thought.

I thought the same thing myself. They could have then given each club 30k and set a time limit to sell them before allocating the rest.

I suppose the counter argument to this is that the Club Wembley seats on the half way line form a natural barrier in between the rival supporters which reduces the cost of stewarding / policing.

Edited by Tawny Owl

This would be fairer for penalty shootouts, they wouldn't take place in front of one team's fans with the other group of supporters waiting for the cheers or groans to find out whether or not they'd scored.

Light travels faster than sound buddy, if you can't see the net bulge and have to wait for the sound to travel then get yerself down specsavers  :biggrin:

Wembley staff didn't seem too concerned about segregation when a load of Polish fans bought tickets for the England v Poland World Cup Qualifier a couple of years back. Polish fans walked into the England end openly with shirts, flags etc. England needed to get a result to qualify, could have seriously kicked off if Poland would have won.