A Seagull Eye's View

Deeeeeek, you and every single one of your fellow Brighton fans have my utmost commiserations and respect.

Football can be an incredibly cruel game, but the cream always rises to the top. You have a superb stadium, great training facilities, a very good team, and as last night proved...very loud and passionate fans.

You WILL be a Premier League club in the very near future, no question about that.

I'm absolutely over the moon that we got the job done, but I don't take any pleasure at all from the Brighton fans' suffering today. 89 points over the season is absolutely fantastic.

All the best next year ( unless it's at our expense).

Last night wasn't an easy watch for either set of fans.

There are so many hurdles to overcome to get promoted, we are only half way there. I could do without that slug of sadness you mentioned, I know that one well, but in worse footballing circumstances than we are in now at least

Decent post till you said you was waiting for us to attack you with pace. We did that twice & your thuggish defenders took to rugby tactics to stop Forestieri & Helan both Red cards for endangering an opponent in my opinion.

You'll note I said we got rattled.

I've been watching Wednesday for over 30 years and although obviously some games fade away in your memory I can honestly say I've never seen my team utterly battered like you did in the first half to us.

If you can take a positive from it think of that. After the disappointment of boro and Friday at our place you could have rolled over and died but you didn't. Fair play to your team and your manager for that, I think Hughton is one of the best at this level.

Unfortunately your points haul and league position will be harder to maintain next season, I think Knockeart will get picked off my a lower ranked premier league team as there is that much money knocking about

As for us it's all on 90 minutes at Wembley now. Just like I say with you if we don't win there is no guarantee we will be back here next season.

I desperately hope we win. Just look at the difference between our home crowd against you (34,000) and Hull's tonight (20,000) there is no doubt who would make the premier league a better place

All the best to Brighton

Knockeart to Wednesday...

:ph34r:

Edited by slinger208b

As much as I have taken the wee out of Brighton in the last few weeks and months. I completely respect the support you guys gave the team yesterday. That is, we should both be proud of the way we approached the play-offs because the other two teams Dull City and Derby Countbearsed never even got the volume up past a friendly match. Yes support doesn't win you games alone but it's the effort from true fans that I will always admire and respect. If I'm honest I didn't think Brighton would have the ability to deliver what they did to us on Monday, what with the atmosphere and bombardment of our goal. As people have said I've never seen us get completely controlled like that and with the best team we've had for decades too. However having that best team for decades is what got us out of it in the end. 

Edited by TheEnchanter

is deeeeek neils new apprentice writer? lol

in all seriousness. fair play to the op. the brighton fans on here have been level headed and friendly. p1ssing and moaning is maybe more therapeutic though.

with the behind the scenes preparation and investment brighton are definitely on the brink of making it and i hope you get there at some point. if we dont go up this season you can be second behind us next may. i think some of your players (even some star players) need moving on for you to go up.

our bad times and misfortunes have been down to the dave richards conspiracy against us and absolute mismanagement of the club by idiots who would have been better suited to running a golf club. compared to that for us Wednesdayites this season has been a dream, even if we lose at wembley. we've scene some great football, we have genuine star players in most positions. our chairman and coach are both calm, meticulous and ambitious. our fans have always been here and we've had a lot of crap over the years (most of my years watching wednesday anyway). it almost feels like fate, like we're in a movie.

your players dropping like flies in the first leg was surreal. knockaert making his recovery was miraculous, he's an evil soul so it wouldnt surprise me if he did a deal with the devil to be fit for the second leg.

and we fought tooth and nail to hold on to our lead and snatched, an albeit, lucky reply as soon as you made some head way.

i think our fitness levels and dressing room have been our secret weapon this season. especially after we battered arsenal, the players found out they are capable of beating anyone. that felt like a dream too!

we're due a bit of luck against Hull too, i'm looking forward to the conclusion of our best season in decades.

Evening all.

I've never signed up to another club's forum before so this is a first for me. Part of it is therapy. I'm still struggling to process the end of the season and just want to air it all. The trouble is that most people I know don't give a damn. It's only on a forum, even a rival's forum, that people really "get" it.

I started following Brighton in the early 80s during the good times. I was eight when my Dad took me to my first match. It was a 0-0 draw with Stoke. God knows why I ever went back! My point here is that I only had the briefest of times watching us in the top flight before we reverted back to our historical role of being not at all good. I've seen a few of you on here complaining how unlucky you've been for a decade or two. Well I've been waiting 33 years to get back to the big time now and thanks to your boys I can add at least another year to that.

Today has genuinely hurt. Around every half an hour my mind has drifted back to last night and I get a fresh slug of sadness right in the gut. A season as good as ours simply shouldn't hurt that much. However, I am also glad I was at the match. It was an amazing experience: the kind of night you'll be glad to say you were there for in years to come.

We WERE unlucky in many respects. Decisions and injuries did go against us for the last few fixtures. I will admit that we bottled the Derby game though and that cost us in the end. Had we found a way to win that we could have afforded a draw at Boro' and then who knows?

Anyway, why am I here? Apart from the therapy bit, I wanted to pop by and applaud you and your team. I wasn't at the Hillsborough game but the TV made it pretty clear that your support was phenomenal. At The Amex you turned up in force and made yourselves heard. While I could barely bring myself to look at you all partying at the end I have to acknowledge that your end looked like a very fun place to be. As for your team, quite a few I our message boards would have you believe your win was purely down to luck. That's obviously wishful thinking. Your boys did a thorough, professional job on us. The home leg could have been won by more. We made you sweat out the first half last night but your second half was monumental. Your boys shut down every last inch of space. We got urgent, then careless, then rattled and made almost nothing. I kept waiting for you to break out with pace and grab the winner but at least that never came. I've no complaints. None against you anyway.

You've had long enough in the wilderness to have earned this shot at the top flight. I was always impressed/amazed with the numbers that turned up to cheer you on when you were in the third tier. That speaks volumes for what you are and could be in the future and I've got to admire it. For what it's worth, I hope you do it. All year long we have been the underdog. The fact that we've fallen short pains me but the underdog mantle passes to you for the playoff final. Hope it fits you.

I may never post on here again but I felt I needed to get that little lot off my chest.

Best of luck.

A superb classy post

Great post Deeeeeeeeeek but let me tell you the hurt never goes away I have bore it for exactly 50 years and 4 days at the time of writing.

We were 2-0 up in the FA Cup final v Everton in the 54th minute and then this guy from down your way called Mike Trebilcock arrives on the scene with a brace. We lost 3-2 and every so often, usually at this time of year Good old Mike returns to haunt me. Oh The Pain ! 

We were 2-0 up in the FA Cup final v Everton in the 54th minute and then this guy from down your way called Mike Trebilcock arrives on the scene with a brace. We lost 3-2 and every so often, usually at this time of year Good old Mike returns to haunt me. Oh The Pain ! 

I bet he hightailed it out of the stadium after that one!

Get it? Hightailed. Trebilcock.

Trebil, high... cock, tail....

Oh, forget it.

Decisions wise I think you got free kicks you shouldn't have had which led to two of the best chances and you should have had a man sent off.

Injuries, whether you get them first game of the season or last you get them its football.

I think we would have won at Hillsborough regardless.

In the cold light of day a lot of the Brighton pressure looked comfortably defended. It looked more hectic during the stress of watching live.

I think the best two sides got automatic regardless of what happened at the riverside. Brighton are definitely the third best team in this league though.

Don't worry too much cos I think next year you'll do it and there is no guarantee you would have beat hull anyway.