Official Summer 2016 Transfer Rumours Megathread

While it's all if's but's and maybe's until the clubs gets back to work of course, I feel like being greedy! Personally I would take a look at all of the following to find the right mix (who we know can play in this league). some are realistic, others would take some getting. Of course, that's not to say I don't think we'll shop abroad as we will, and it'll depend on the usual suspects we all think should be on the transfer list, (Helan, mcgugan, dielna, lachman, bus, Lavery etc) but I'll leave that to Carlos. Haha.

Defence: pudil, Bidwell, t.smith, Flint.

Mid: guedioura, gudmondsson, judge, feeney, clough, (still would like a cheeky loan bid on pritchard too. haha)

Att: McCormick, Gestede, Grabban.

Just need about 25/30 million I'd say. Hahaha.

Jonny Williams is a good player BUT, like someone else said, he's also another midget.

We're at a stage now where we can't accumulate players just because we can, or just because they're good.

We need to be signing good players who are also the RIGHT players for us.

We do not need Williams.

Guest wilyfox
3 minutes ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

Distilling the suggestions on here we seem to be planning our entire recruitment strategy on the basis of Watford and Crystal Palace cast-offs.  :manager:

When someone suggests Chamakh or Campbell, then I'll worry. 

9 minutes ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

Distilling the suggestions on here we seem to be planning our entire recruitment strategy on the basis of Watford and Crystal Palace cast-offs.  :manager:

Guess I should keep my Jedinak suggestion quiet.

3 minutes ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

Why not Joe Ledley, he's got a huge stupid beard as well.

Speaking of Ledley, his broken leg healed remarkably fast, signing him might help us heal Judge so we can put Judge back together again and sign him at last. Along with a few other Palace and Watford rejects, and McCormack. :ph34r:

7 hours ago, FlyingOwl said:

Jonny Williams is a good player BUT, like someone else said, he's also another midget.

We're at a stage now where we can't accumulate players just because we can, or just because they're good.

We need to be signing good players who are also the RIGHT players for us.

We do not need Williams.

Could play up front in a 4-3-3 as an option to mccormack who may be too expensive at 12mil. Dont know how much weve got to spend but if its around the 15mil mark then i would rather spread the budget on 4-5 quality players rather than blast most of the budget on 1. One thing for definite is that we do need some height in the team

9 minutes ago, Clinton Morrison said:

pudil permanent. Kenweyne Jones is another option (free) not necessarily a starter because of his age but can have an impact. 

As a short term fix that's a noteworthy point... he certainly makes life uncomfortable for defenders in and around the six yard box. Long term though, we need better.

13 minutes ago, S_W_F_C said:

Rather hear their names than a bloke with a broken leg and you've got more chance of seeing Santa before you have him 

Cue my two Christmas jokes:-

Did you hear about the dyslexic devil worshipper, who sold his soul to Santa?

And did you hear about Bernie the Brown Nosed Reindeer? He's right behind Rudolf but his brakes dont work.

(roll on August)

20 minutes ago, S_W_F_C said:

Rather hear their names than a bloke with a broken leg and you've got more chance of seeing Santa before you have him 

We've already got one big bearded bloke in our team who doesn't produce much during the year we don't need a second

12 hours ago, ohgoditsjames said:

We need to be signing 100% proven championship players, can't afford to be taking risks with "maybes".

This is really important.

We cant afford a repeat of last season's start. That's why Carlos is talking of evolution not revolution. We need to kick off on 6th August with pretty much a tried and tested team, not an experimental side.

If you look back at our team sheets until the end of September there were some pretty ropey sides. Once Carlos knew who could cope with the division we started to fly.

28 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

This is really important.

We cant afford a repeat of last season's start. That's why Carlos is talking of evolution not revolution. We need to kick off on 6th August with pretty much a tried and tested team, not an experimental side.

If you look back at our team sheets until the end of September there were some pretty ropey sides. Once Carlos knew who could cope with the division we started to fly.

Or once we got Forestieri

1 hour ago, Clinton Morrison said:

pudil permanent. Kenweyne Jones is another option (free) not necessarily a starter because of his age but can have an impact. 

Jones did no more for Cardiff than Joao and Nuhiu did for us last season. Carlos lost faith in our two to start, so there's no point in having a third bit player.

We need a quality big strong athletic forward who is one of the first names on the team sheet every week. And that will cost.