Fans don't deserve this

I bet we've sold more season tickets this month than in the previous three years first month of sales...and that's a conservative estimate just going on our lot who have bought tickets early

Which is great thing if true.

But the fairest thing to do would be to leave those prices open for ST holders until April which is when last year's EB deadline was.

If the bottom line of cash is not the sole thing the club is interested in, then the offer should be open longer.

See what I like about the suggested fixed prices is 99% of the moaning / arguments would disappear

1) POTG prices should have a slight premium over season ticket prices to reflect the commitment for the season

2) POTG prices should be slightly higher than the past to reflect the investment the club has made

3) No offers or discounts - you don't get rewarded for picking and choosing games just at lower prices.

4) You are not differentiating a game based on opposition, date or run of games

5) It is simple and understandable. Club can put tickets on sale well in advance of the game, you know the price if you just fancy turning up on the day

6) Kids at a tenner reflect the similar price for other leisure activities

What it does is balance the arguments between the alternate sides of the debate and I suspect ticket revenues over a season would work out within 5% up or down of the current approach but would achieve a huge amount of goodwill to the fan base that don't want season tickets.

If purchased early is the key thing here - the early bird cut off last season was April, this year it's the end of January. Why not just put the full lot out there so people can then make a 'real' informed choice about when to buy?

I agree - I think the foundation has been set to keep the POTG prices as they are for next season.

Well, it has seemingly worked. After last seasons 'shock' of phase 2 & 3 ST's pricing, I presume that the vast majority of ST holders will renew early. And, if was a ST regular I would certainly be renewing in this window - you can't blame anyone for that.

It remains to seen if later ST pricing is still "shocking" - and, then the POTG pricing will be given parity with the later ST's.

In reality - most ST holders will have bought at good prices in any event.

He will retain his hardcore - don't worry about that.

It's the "sod the rest" that doesn't sit easy with me.

See what I like about the suggested fixed prices is 99% of the moaning / arguments would disappear

1) POTG prices should have a slight premium over season ticket prices to reflect the commitment for the season

2) POTG prices should be slightly higher than the past to reflect the investment the club has made

3) No offers or discounts - you don't get rewarded for picking and choosing games just at lower prices.

4) You are not differentiating a game based on opposition, date or run of games

5) It is simple and understandable. Club can put tickets on sale well in advance of the game, you know the price if you just fancy turning up on the day

6) Kids at a tenner reflect the similar price for other leisure activities

What it does is balance the arguments between the alternate sides of the debate and I suspect ticket revenues over a season would work out within 5% up or down of the current approach but would achieve a huge amount of goodwill to the fan base that don't want season tickets.

Can't argue with this. I think simplicity and logic are a good mix.

I think POTG would have to be more than a slight increase on ST though. The club wouldn't sell enough ST if not.

Well, it has seemingly worked. After last seasons 'shock' of phase 2 & 3 ST's pricing, I presume that the vast majority of ST holders will renew early. And, if was a ST regular I would certainly be renewing in this window - you can't blame anyone for that.

It remains to seen if later ST pricing is still "shocking" - and, then the POTG pricing will be given parity with the later ST's.

In reality - most ST holders will have bought at good prices in any event.

He will retain his hardcore - don't worry about that.

It's the "sod the rest" that doesn't sit easy with me.

Well the jump was £395 to £500 last year so you'd predict similar - my point would be appealing to the people that will still be sat on the fence, attracting new customers and the people who's circumstances do not afford them the opportunity to buy in January.

I don't blame anyone at all for seeing the team at the best possible price and to suit their circumstances, having close to 15k ST holders year in year out for what we've had to endure must be applauded.

We just need fair and clear pricing for POTG customers and we might attract a few more than we are averaging at present.

Well the jump was £395 to £500 last year so you'd predict similar - my point would be appealing to the people that will still be sat on the fence, attracting new customers and the people who's circumstances do not afford them the opportunity to buy in January.

I think the Club takes the attitude of; "that's tough".

And, the vast majority of ST holders on here seem to agree.

Sufficient numbers still attend anyway, so the club hardly have a major problem.

I bet we've sold more season tickets this month than in the previous three years first month of sales...and that's a conservative estimate just going on our lot who have bought tickets early

Going on the que in the ticket office Saturday morning I would say we've sold quite a few more next season, took me 50 mins, early bird last season there was nobody in the ticket office when I got mine !

Edited by Sean Watson

It's not going to happen though, Chansiri is set in his ways and the tickets are already available for next year. So much for wanting to listen.

I agree,He should let us in for free.

Forget the 60 million hes nearly spent getting us the best team in 20 years, the scoreboard and pitch,it's immaterial. He only wants you to contribute to about 13% of this and the potential success of Wednesday in the premier league.

If I was Chansiri I would leave this club tomorrow.

If the club is going to continue with categories, then maybe there should be a lot less categories?

Also, I think these people who have set the prices really aren't in touch with reality. The prices have gone up, but what about the facilities? Hillsborough is absolutely knackered and if you choose to sit on the Kop for financial reasons, you have the poles. So should it really be more than £30 on the Kop? £25, maximum imo.

Kop - £20-£25

North - £25-£30

South - £28-£33

It's not going to happen though, Chansiri is set in his ways and the tickets are already available for next year. So much for wanting to listen.

So somebody who has paid for a three year season ticket at £18 a game gets to sit next to someone who pays just £2 more to come on a whim?

Nah.

Just seen this and don't take this arsey but if you cant afford comfortably the trips to Hillsborough on a regular basis is it worth the hassle of running your own Company as you cant be making much per annum?

lol don't worry mate I take things like that with a pinch of salt we are a 3 year old company I started from scratch and its growing quite rapidly.

I didn't say I couldn't afford it I said I couldn't justify it as it is far too much for a personal family day out far far too much.

The thing is I have invested a hell of a lot back into my company to grow it to what I want to be a much larger scale so my personal finances have taken a back step over the past 3 years.

That said the company were in negotiations with the club over potential sponsorship while MM was still here but I didn't get the deal I wanted. Shame really as it would have been a good deal for the club at the time and great coverage for my company but hey ho. I don't think my offer would even buy a box now Mr C is here

Being saying this for about a month - well only difference is a set price per stand, Kop £25, North £28, South £30

Kids a tenner anywhere

£3 off for members per game

No offers, no discounts, no categories

I would be back as much as possible if this happened!!! Anything under £30 is just about right and kids maximum £10.

Never going to happen though which is a shame

lol don't worry mate I take things like that with a pinch of salt we are a 3 year old company I started from scratch and its growing quite rapidly.

I didn't say I couldn't afford it I said I couldn't justify it as it is far too much for a personal family day out far far too much.

The thing is I have invested a hell of a lot back into my company to grow it to what I want to be a much larger scale so my personal finances have taken a back step over the past 3 years.

That said the company were in negotiations with the club over potential sponsorship while MM was still here but I didn't get the deal I wanted. Shame really as it would have been a good deal for the club at the time and great coverage for my company but hey ho. I don't think my offer would even buy a box now Mr C is here

Good luck then as takes testicles to set up your own company and the risks that go with it.

Get yourself back to Hillsborough soon though if you can, yes it's probably too dear but it's good as well.

Good luck then as takes testicles to set up your own company and the risks that go with it.

Get yourself back to Hillsborough soon though if you can, yes it's probably too dear but it's good as well.

Cheers mate yep was a big step leaving a decent paid job but seems to be worth it ATM.

I do miss it and I don't just mean the football I miss the days out the atmosphere everything. I mean I know it will never be the same for me now going up and down the country to all games with the lads starting on the beer at 6.30/7am on the way to the games but it was fun while it lasted.

The thing is I know as a kid how much I loved football and loved Wednesday. I just hope they sort this out more the kids pricing as not just for my kids every fans kids. It's great to see the young uns getting excited and enjoying the games

Cheers mate yep was a big step leaving a decent paid job but seems to be worth it ATM.

I do miss it and I don't just mean the football I miss the days out the atmosphere everything. I mean I know it will never be the same for me now going up and down the country to all games with the lads starting on the beer at 6.30/7am on the way to the games but it was fun while it lasted.

The thing is I know as a kid how much I loved football and loved Wednesday. I just hope they sort this out more the kids pricing as not just for my kids every fans kids. It's great to see the young uns getting excited and enjoying the games

Good luck with the new venture mate - starting out myself this year.

So the real issue for you is not price - it's wanting single man's comforts but having married man's life? lol

A new one to add to the list I suppose. lol

Good luck with the new venture mate - starting out myself this year.

So the real issue for you is not price - it's wanting single man's comforts but having married man's life? lol

A new one to add to the list I suppose. lol

Well those days are long gone mate lol although I made the most of it whilst I could 😀.

Really hope it goes well for you mate good luck.

The issue for me though is still s price. I can afford it I just don't want to pay way over the odds. If I was going to every game yep I could get a season ticket. But I'm not because I need weekends for family time now and the kids and wife will certainly not go to more than 10 probably more like 5 or 6. But I can not justify paying £120 for less than 2 hrs before food drink and parking. I can get my family in pretty much any uk theme park for less than that so that tells you how over priced it is.

We try and do something every weekend as a family and if the prices are right we will go. We do plan our weekends to make sure we don't sit at home and bore the kids to death so even just to know when the next kids for a quid game is would help. It's no good for me 3 or 4 weeks before I know that's just me and not others but it shouldn't be hard for the club to say for example the 3 kids for a quid games are often 23rd, jan 30th and March 26th. I think I have said everything I can now on this on here but pricing on the site in advance isn't hard unless you make it hard. We are making it hard.

Edited by kidc77

Well those days are long gone mate lol although I made the most of it whilst I could .

Really hope it goes well for you mate good luck.

The issue for me though is still s price. I can afford it I just don't want to pay way over the odds. If I was going to every game yep I could get a season ticket. But I'm not because I need weekends for family time now and the kids and wife will certainly not go to more than 10 probably more like 5 or 6. But I can not justify paying £120 for less than 2 hrs before food drink and parking. I can get my family in pretty much any uk theme park for less than that so that tells you how over priced it is.

We try and do something every weekend as a family and if the prices are right we will go. We do plan our weekends to make sure we don't sit at home and bore the kids to death so even just to know when the next kids for a quid game is would help. It's no good for me 3 or 4 weeks before I know that's just me and not others but it shouldn't be hard for the club to say for example the 3 kids for a quid games are often 23rd, jan 30th and March 26th. I think I have said everything I can now on this on here but pricing on the site in advance isn't hard unless you make it hard. We are making it hard.

I agree mate and it's good to know you have your head screwed on with regards to your priorities in life.

Yeah, I think we've all done enough talking about it lol