Just two players.

We definitely need another defensive midfielder when we are away from home who would impose himself on the opposition midfield and even drive us forwards. Not sure who but that's a position I think we need to fill. I'm also concerned that when Forestieri and Wallace don't play we lack creativity.

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I think what he's trying to say is he doesn't fit the system we play. We'd have to change our style somewhat to accept Rhodes into the team. We should be looking for players to fit into our current system.

We already have two of the best three widemen in the div, in Wallace and Fessi. Loads of goals and assists. Only Judge splits them.

Crouch for Nuhiu? Ok just about. Wont get pots of goals though.

Rhodes for Hooper? Three weeks ago that was a no brainer, but its getting very tough to answer now. Its swapping something that is working really well, for something that should work a bit better logically.

Its great that its getting harder to make a case for an incomer to replace one of our starters.

We already have two of the best three widemen in the div, in Wallace and Fessi. Loads of goals and assists. Only Judge splits them.

Rhodes for Hooper? Three weeks ago that was a no brainer, but its getting very tough to answer now. Its swapping something that is working really well, for something that should work a bit better logically.

Its great that its getting harder to make a case for an incomer to replace one of our starters.

Nice post.

Can't argue with anything in there.

I just think JR is one of those special player's who would take us to another level. Just think it's some sort of Karma that he should play for us.

Guest Paolo Di Catio

Nice post.

Can't argue with anything in there.

I just think JR is one of those special player's who would take us to another level. Just think it's some sort of Karma that he should play for us.

Have to agree with this. As another poster said somewher, hen he played is in that 4-4 I was just watching him thinking he should be a Wednesday player, time to make it right. Might be a tad expensive, but what a marker that would show

why cant you play hooper and rhodes together? both are very good strikers and both can head a ball, rhodes scores goals simple as that, we struggle to kill games off and some times take our chances in vital parts.

i just dont understand the obsession with a big man up top.

Much rather us spend a few quid and get a player in his prime, or try to unearth a gem from mainland Europe, than go with ageing has beens with nothing to prove (Crouch, Walters, Adebayor)

Walters has plenty to prove with Ireland playing in the Euros in the summer...

why cant you play hooper and rhodes together? both are very good strikers and both can head a ball, rhodes scores goals simple as that, we struggle to kill games off and some times take our chances in vital parts.

Its not an obsession with big and small. Its because Nuhiu and Hoops is working, so logically Nuhiu and Rhodes should work, and probably even better.

Hey, we are talking about Gary Hooper and/or Jordan Rhodes.......bougar me! Times they are a changin.

Absolutely!

Quality is quality and JR is quality, in any formation and with any partner.

Its not an obsession with big and small. Its because Nuhiu and Hoops is working, so logically Nuhiu and Rhodes should work, and probably even better.

Hey, we are talking about Gary Hooper and/or Jordan Rhodes.......bougar me! Times they are a changin.

It's destiny mate.

His destiny & our destiny.

It was always meant to be.

Rhodes is better than Hooper, Joao and Nuhiu. As for not fitting into our system, it's nonsense. On paper Nuhiu doesn't fit into our system. On paper Hooper doesn't fit into our system. They are playing alongside quality players though who can create things.

Rhodes would get as many as Nuhiu, Joao and Hooper combined in this team. The best out and out goal scorer outside the PL. Physical, great in the air, outstanding movement and a top finisher. He'll sniff a chance out of nothing.

Amazing that some wouldn't want him.

Rhodes is better than Hooper, Joao and Nuhiu. As for not fitting into our system, it's nonsense. On paper Nuhiu doesn't fit into our system. On paper Hooper doesn't fit into our system. They are playing alongside quality players though who can create things.

Rhodes would get as many as Nuhiu, Joao and Hooper combined in this team. The best out and out goal scorer outside the PL. Physical, great in the air, outstanding movement and a top finisher. He'll sniff a chance out of nothing.

Can't sway me, maybe if we didn't have Hooper, but not at the prices quoted

100% agree. We look a better team when playing 4-4-2 with Forestieri out wide.

Just imagine Rhodes and Hooper or Rhodes and Joao feeding off the passes, crosses and work rate from the likes of Forestieri; Wallace, Bannan, Lee, Hutchinson, Pudil, etc?

It would be a mouthwatering prospect for us and a frightening prospect for the opposites. I could see us getting over the line if we bring in a quality striker and another midfield enforcer.

The only thing against it is the price but if DC can afford it and it's what helps us over the line, then promotion and the TV money will cover that.

The only gamble is whether we go up or not but we are tantalisingly close as it is and you know what you will get if you bring in Rhodes or McCormack, goals and plenty of them at this level.

I reckon if there's a possibility of bringing either one of them in or Blackman, then DC should go for it. That said, would they sell to us?

And there's probably better value for money abroad, except that's more of a risk over whether they can hit the ground running and settle, etc? 

I'd love a Rhodes or McCormack in this current side and I think we'd be good enough to go up this season with someone like that upfront

but I can see why people are wary over the over-inflated prices, which is what will probably scupper it. And we'll probably get someone from abroad or loan someone like Bamford or Gayle?

Bamford or Gayle on loan would excite me too and could help us get over the line.

Edited by MilansMissingMarbles

Rhodes is nowhere near the quality of Gary Hooper, yes he may have a better goals record but thats not everything provided the goals are coming from somewhere.

This obsession with him is utterly ridiculous, I can guarantee you we will not sign Jordan Rhodes

Rhodes is nowhere near the quality of Gary Hooper, yes he may have a better goals record but thats not everything provided the goals are coming from somewhere.

This obsession with him is utterly ridiculous, I can guarantee you we will not sign Jordan Rhodes

Strikers are judged on the goals they score and for that reason Rhodes is a better striker than Hooper.