Just two players.

Wednesday fans at his testimonial ? The player that got us back up and won the golden boot 3 times running when we won the title and then the double :)

lol

I'm not suggesting for one minute we spend money on inflated and unrealistic prices, what I am saying is if the price is one we can afford comfortably , our owner is willing to spend it and it doesn't jeopardise the clubs finacial security then its a no brainer.

Only DC knows if its doable.

We can't afford it, DC will not spend that because he has a good team of people around him and of course it will put a strain on the club financially

Yes because his next club will be a Premier League one. Probably a newly promoted club, and he'll score goals up there too

He will likely play in the premiership but likely struggle, look at Bamford. Another we should avoid actually

lol

We can't afford it, DC will not spend that because he has a good team of people around him and of course it will put a strain on the club financially

He will likely play in the premiership but likely struggle, look at Bamford. Another we should avoid actually

I'm not saying your wrong, what I would say is have you seen DC's bank account, do you know how much he is willing to spend. I get the feeling he isn't here to make up number in the championship, he is here to move us on as fast as is humanly possible without jeapodising his investment.

We seriously need to lose this small minded idea that we can't compete or pay big fees for players, we are not shopping at netto any more.

Do you not ever wonder why that's not already happened. Gestede had one good season and he gets his premier league move (admittedly a disastrous one other than no doubt his salary) yet Rhodes is marooned at Blackburn.

I think he's lumbered with a ridiculous contract and price tag at Blackburn to be fair. For a player who's never played at that level, it makes him a huge gamble to the type of clubs that would usually take that gamble on an unproven player. The top clubs could afford him easily of course, but they'll have their sights on higher quality players.

I'm not saying your wrong, what I would say is have you seen DC's bank account, do you know how much he is willing to spend. I get the feeling he isn't here to make up number in the championship, he is here to move us on as fast as is humanly possible without jeapodising his investment.

We seriously need to lose this small minded idea that we can't compete or pay big fees for players, we are not shopping at netto any more.

The purchase of FF, MM, LJ show that but come on 7 figure transfer fees in the championship don't show teams to be competing it shows absolute stupidity.

Actually agree with you about Bamford tbh.

For me, Rhodes does have the strength, mobility, technical and finishing ability to cut it in the PL

I guess we'll just have to wait and see mate

Rhodes is better than Hooper, Joao and Nuhiu. As for not fitting into our system, it's nonsense. On paper Nuhiu doesn't fit into our system. On paper Hooper doesn't fit into our system. They are playing alongside quality players though who can create things.

Rhodes would get as many as Nuhiu, Joao and Hooper combined in this team. The best out and out goal scorer outside the PL. Physical, great in the air, outstanding movement and a top finisher. He'll sniff a chance out of nothing.

Amazing that some wouldn't want him.

I think a fully fit Hooper is as good as Rhodes personally. Think he links up better and is just as good a finisher.

The likes of West Brom, West Ham, Stoke can all easily spend 12m on a player yet nobody has ever taken him.

It's very strange to me and I can only think that top flight managers and coaches see something missing in his game.

It would be ridiculous for us to spend that kind of money on him. As I posted earlier wait till the summer I think the asking price will drop significantly.

I agree us spending that sort of money on him would be ridiculous. No issue with those who don't want him due to the cost, just baffled by those who don't want him for footballing reasons. He'd score for fun in this team.

Physical strength and aerial ability give Rhodes the edge for me. Also his goal scoring record is pretty much unrivalled at this level.

Yeah you cant knock his record but i think Hooper is really starting to fit in, id rather see more of him at this point than trade him for Rhodes.

I never thought id say that about one of our players.

Guest SnookerOwl

Rhodes current drought is a bit of a concern, but I'm presuming it's because Blackburn are poor and aren't creating.

I'd love to see Rhodes sign for us, but that £14m tag is bleedin daft.

Forestieri plays 1000000 times better on the wing. Why the hell would you want to move him back up front ?

It was just an example of how Rhodes could fit into our team; something like Wallace and say judge out wide, Forestieri at ten and Rhodes at nine. Bloody expensive tho.

FF is such a good player he is equally comfortable out wide or up front at ten. If we bring in another wide player we have the option of playing Forestieri up front or keep him out wide.

Edited by York_Owl

I think we're sold on Hooper, the club I mean. Any new striker will be someone who can compete for the role Nuhiu and Joao are challenging for. Then, with Hutch occupied elsewhere, and Melo, well AWOL, we should look for another defensive midfielder