January Transfer Window Thread

One I'd like to see as a replacement/challenge for Wallace, aside from Gudmundsson, would be Navarone Foor for NEC (Nijmegan in the Eredivisie, but I can't spell their actual club name so I'll stick to NEC :ph34r: )

Available on a Bosman as from... now!

23 years old, 5 goals, 15 assists in 100 games. Gudmundsson managed 9 and 11 respectively in the same number of games. For a free, we could do a heck of a lot worse

But I'll still fantasise about getting Gudmundsson this window... :wub:

Gudmundsson would be a cracking signing. He's a tidy player like Judge but would cost less. We should look at some of the better players from the lower half teams and transfer embargoed teams. I'd love for us to go after Zach Clough and Henri Lansbury.

Gudmundsson would be a cracking signing. He's a tidy player like Judge but would cost less. We should look at some of the better players from the lower half teams and transfer embargoed teams. I'd love for us to go after Zach Clough and Henri Lansbury.

Clough is an excellent prospect, him and Josh Vela from Bolton would be fantastic young players to have on the bench. Not so sure about Lansbury personally, but I'm not an authority on players so I'm probably wrong about him! (I am, however, an authority on random foreign names  :rolleyes: )

His experience is vital at times. He tends to make us tick when we are in full flow.

When Sougou is his replacement we just don't look the same at all. Whoever our right back is tends to have a shocker too.

We miss he set piece delivery, we miss his crosses, his ability to gain a yard and cross. 

He is a different class of winger. We don't have anyone like him in the squad. Which is why we miss him so much.

A winger of his type would be near the top of my transfer targets. Hate to go over old ground...but Ben Marshall would be ideal lol

I'd keep an eye on Snodgrass at Hull too. Recently back from a lengthy injury lay off. Be interesting to see if Hull want to send him out to get fit...

Patrick Roberts on loan from City would be good too.

A raid for the bearded right back down the road would suit me. Smashing little player. Can defend.  Wouldn't have to move, we'd have a full back who can tackle and of course, it would cause mass hysteria and car park protests down at the Stain. :ph34r:  

Antonio just scored against Liverpool.

I'd love a proper replacement for him.

Love him or hate, there's no doubting the threat

he gave us, and his goals and assists spoke for themselves.

That's something we've missed and he did that in an inferior side at the time.

Just imagine, someone like that in our current stronger team, alongside tidier and better players.

Nick Blackman seems the most similar.

He'd cost a bomb though?

But if we are genuinely going to spend big

or are in the running for the likes of McCormack, Rhodes or Adebayor, etc

Blackman would be a good alternative with re-sale value?

Offering us some pace, that we miss. As well as goals and assists.

Edited by MilansMissingMarbles

Guest wilyfox

For all the talk of Gudmundsson, what would people think of borrowing Joao Teixeira from Liverpool, a Portugeezer Fessi type.

Antonio just scored against Liverpool.

I'd love a proper replacement for him.

Love him or hate, there's no doubting the threat

he gave us, and his goals and assists spoke for themselves.

That's something we've missed and he did that in an inferior side at the time.

Just imagine, someone like that in our current stronger team, alongside tidier and better players.

Nick Blackman seems the most similar.

He'd cost a bomb though?

But if we are genuinely going to spend big

or are in the running for the likes of McCormack, Rhodes or Adebayor, etc

Blackman would be a good alternative with re-sale value?

Offering us some pace, that we miss. As well as goals and assists.

it doesn't rhyme but if you hum the tune, I might get it.

How about Antonio?

Wait, I forgot he was 'sh*t anyway'

lol

Should never have gotten rid of him or should've gotten a lot more for him or replaced him with someone similar or a lot better than who we spent the money on.  :ph34r:

I'd look at trying to get some pace into our attack or wide midfield. As well as his pace we miss his assists and goals from midfield.

Although Forestieri looks superb out wide and Wallace at times as been very good and tidy.

Perhaps we could do with a Antonio type of player out wide or upfront to go at teams at home but even more so, when we are away from home on the break.

I'd love us to get Nick Blackman, but that's unlikely due to the price and them being in among the chasing pack for the play-off's.

Maybe we could find someone similar in the Lower League's? Romaine Sawyers? Jacob Murphy? Or someone else?

Edited by MilansMissingMarbles