Good point..but

Guest wilyfox

No more Nuhiu or Helan in terms of starting.

Enough is enough.

Certainly can't have Semedo and Helan out there together. One or the other, we might get away with - but the pair of them can't replace Bannan and Hutch. The difference in class smacks you in the face.

As for Nuhiu...it's 2 months without a goal now, and his presence in the side does seem to trigger hoofball.

Guest The Horse

Take a step back a moment.
Arguing over which players from our awesome squad should be playing in a team that's joint 6th in the league and going for the play-offs.
After battling out a gritty 2-2 draw against a rejuvenated Blackburn team.
Just let that sink in.

The good times are back and will only get better.
It's a great time to be a Wednesday fan.

Edited by The Horse

A draw is a good point away from home vs a team buoyed by a new manager, Blackburn are becoming a solid side, and given Rhodes usually performs against us I wasn't expecting us to win anyway.

Team selection was interesting, Wallace and Joao were shocks on the bench but I think playing Helan and Nuhiu goes to show CC clearly wanted us to not go behind and then push for the 3 points towards the end. Listening to the game it sounds like we really missed Hutchinson and Bannan in the centre, and we looked much better 2nd half with Joao and Hooper on the pitch. Joao again scoring of the bench, (thats 6 in 11 and 4 goals after coming off the bench), for me he HAS to start now. I said this last week after his performance but given the way he's playing he should be starting every game, there was not one reason I could see to pick Nuhiu ahead of him today. The only reason I can see for Joao not starting is that CC doesn't want to bring too much pressure on him to quick - maybe he thinks Joao isn't ready to be the 'star man' yet? Or perhaps he wants Joao to work harder before he starts. Who knows, but for me he should be starting every week now.

Never the less, it was a good point, rested some key players that should play Tuesday, Hunt, Wallace, Hutchinson, Joao, Hooper? Maybe even Lopez and Turner could play a part.

Loads of people were behind Nuhiu but he was utterly useless today. That's a simple and honest statement.

He can be useful though but those times are becoming increasingly less this season with Joao and a few others pushing.

Positive mention for Hooper who was brilliant when he came on. Very lively and clever and contributed to our strong finish.

I feel a bit sorry for Nuhiu actually.

First half today the mentality was to knock 50 yard balls to him while he had two big centre halfs climbing all over him while he isolated up the pitch

Surprise surprise he does not win many, like us FFcan see what is happening and can't be bothered. No football being played all.

Second half Joao comes on but more importantly he now has FF and Hooper helping him and the rest of the team have decided to try and play a bit of football. We have a goalmouth scramble and because we have more players in the box Joao scores

Nuhiu is obviously not as good as Joao but if Joao had been stuck up front first half and the rest of the team played the same way he would have struggled as well.

Carlos has a plan and Joao is benefitting from it which is fine as long as the team does.

Edited by oldishowl

Even Nuhiu protectors like me know that he will leave as soon as we find a better version of the Nuhiu mould.

Should still get behind him whilst he's a Wednesday player though.

I'd rather we never again signed a striker in the Nuhiu mould.

Edited by zzmdu