Caolan Lavery

Just had an interesting chat with him in Asda. He's a really nice bloke and happily posed for a photo with my little lad.

Asked him how he is finding it is this season and he said very frustrating. Said that he has only played 2 cup games and both on the wing, to which straight away he said he's not a winger and doesn't want to be a winger - seemed to be a little dig at CC.

Also mentioned that none of the players like CC's rotation policy but they've just 'got to get on with it'. Asked him what's going on with McGugan to which he said to his knowledge there is no rift and it is probably just 'his turn' to be dropped.

I hope I'm wrong but reading between the lines there doesn't seem to be a harmony and togetherness in the squad which is something that was so evidently there last season under SG.

I may have just taken everything he said and added 2 and 2 together to get 5, but it does sound a little concerning to me.

I tell you what, these poor footballers that don't like the manager's methods ought to get up for work at 6:30 or earlier in a morning (or do shift work). I'd love to be a footballer.

Lavery seems like a nice chap with a good attitude but, I'm sorry, I can't feel sorry for him or other professional footballers.

30 ish players.

Only 14 can get a run out in any one game.

No player enjoys being on the bench.

Time for some lads to go on loan. I like lavery, and I think he could make it in the championship. but he's got a way to go yet. That said, our options are nuhiu, joao, Forestieri and bus - if he can't play out wide, he's competing for one spot with 4 players.

I am not seeing this rotation that people talk about, apart from the league cup.

Players who have done well have stayed in the team. Where people have made mistakes like Loovens and Palmer at Burnley they have been left out. New signings have been given a chance to claim a place in the team

Where people have had injuries they have not been risked two games close together.

Slowly , because he has a lot of players to sort out, he is getting his best team and squad of say 20 sorted out.

I am not seeing this rotation that people talk about, apart from the league cup.

Players who have done well have stayed in the team. Where people have made mistakes like Loovens and Palmer at Burnley they have been left out. New signings have been given a chance to claim a place in the team

Where people have had injuries they have not been risked two games close together.

Slowly , because he has a lot of players to sort out, he is getting his best team and squad of say 20 sorted out.

Exactly, the "rotation policy" is all about finding his best 11.

Edited by Chazgswfc

yeah but that means you have been paying attention...it's an art that most people on here don't have

Just to add some more truth to this, I drove past ASDA tonight just after 6 and a guy pulled out behind me in a BMW with someone driving who I said to the Mrs looked very much like Lavery. Not the best BMW in the world either, ASDA, poor beemer, must be on a pittance

I tell you what, these poor footballers that don't like the manager's methods ought to get up for work at 6:30 or earlier in a morning (or do shift work). I'd love to be a footballer.

Lavery seems like a nice chap with a good attitude but, I'm sorry, I can't feel sorry for him or other professional footballers.

Bet you work 25 hours a day 8 days a week! lol

The important question was Heinz or Asda's own brand of baked beans.

It's all the same stuff, just different packaging-anyone who has ever worked at a certain bakery close to the ground would know this-same bread, just different bags! Eat finest sausages -same minced lips and bumholes, just paying twice as much for one makes you believe they taste better