Caolan Lavery

Just had an interesting chat with him in Asda. He's a really nice bloke and happily posed for a photo with my little lad.

Asked him how he is finding it is this season and he said very frustrating. Said that he has only played 2 cup games and both on the wing, to which straight away he said he's not a winger and doesn't want to be a winger - seemed to be a little dig at CC.

Also mentioned that none of the players like CC's rotation policy but they've just 'got to get on with it'. Asked him what's going on with McGugan to which he said to his knowledge there is no rift and it is probably just 'his turn' to be dropped.

I hope I'm wrong but reading between the lines there doesn't seem to be a harmony and togetherness in the squad which is something that was so evidently there last season under SG.

I may have just taken everything he said and added 2 and 2 together to get 5, but it does sound a little concerning to me.

I hope I'm wrong but reading between the lines there doesn't seem to be a harmony and togetherness in the squad which is something that was so evidently there last season under SG.

I may have just taken everything he said and added 2 and 2 together to get 5, but it does sound a little concerning to me.

I think the second line is probably true.

Fair enough mate. I'll just post a complete load of crap then shall I?

Only sharing what I've been told.

Fair enough but most sports people are careful about what they say for all he knew you could've been a journo. Look what happened to Murray with his throw away remark about England

"players don't like rotation policy".  Well, tough. That's modern football, everybody knows that.  Only Westwood is a guaranteed starter for us.  Last year if our best 11 were all fit, in form and in a good mood we were a decent mid table side. Thats not good enough in todays football. We need 2 players in every position capable of top six standard and we've made a start towards that.  Expect more additions/changes.  It's easy, if players want a starting place they've got to play out of their skins for 90 minutes. Thats the way to promotion.

...if i were getting payed a decent screw, I couldn't give a bugger about rotation I would work hard and be part of a squad...maybe as a squad it's important to all work together and get to know each other rather than just have one first team. As said before players might be frustrated but that's good, it doesn't mean there is unrest...listen to Michael Turners interview ...now that's the kind of player I want at S6

...if i were getting payed a decent screw, I couldn't give a bugger about rotation I would work hard and be part of a squad...maybe as a squad it's important to all work together and get to know each other rather than just have one first team. As said before players might be frustrated but that's good, it doesn't mean there is unrest...listen to Michael Turners interview ...now that's the kind of player I want at S6

I see your point but I believe that players should be picked on form.

I see your point but I believe that players should be picked on form.

...how will you know the form of those that don't play? Against teams that have really, really quick front two would we really want Loovens in irrespective of form? I think it's about a larger squad getting to know how to play together...hard to appreciate and can be frustrating when being put together but much better than having a smaller squad that implodes after two or three key injuries. 

Times change...

Edited by Freshfish