Caolan Lavery

To be fair, he played as a wing-back under Gray most of the time, so don't see what he's moaning at.

Along with the 9 other outfield defenders, especially at home with nothing to lose. But don't say anything negative about Gray on here, he's the next Messiah don't ya know.

Lavery is too nice. He's not ruthless enough. As for Bus, I don't know what is going on with him. Early signs were encouraging, but he's contributing sod all so far. I'd happily trade all three of Nuhiu, Bus and Lavery for one good striker, with Joao for competition.

Just had an interesting chat with him in Asda. He's a really nice bloke and happily posed for a photo with my little lad.

Asked him how he is finding it is this season and he said very frustrating. Said that he has only played 2 cup games and both on the wing, to which straight away he said he's not a winger and doesn't want to be a winger - seemed to be a little dig at CC.

Also mentioned that none of the players like CC's rotation policy but they've just 'got to get on with it'. Asked him what's going on with McGugan to which he said to his knowledge there is no rift and it is probably just 'his turn' to be dropped.

I hope I'm wrong but reading between the lines there doesn't seem to be a harmony and togetherness in the squad which is something that was so evidently there last season under SG.

I may have just taken everything he said and added 2 and 2 together to get 5, but it does sound a little concerning to me.

there won't be...

it's a big wrench from last term...

new owner, new head coach, new style of play, influx of players from foreign countries, influx of players from other clubs here...

doing well in the 'opener', then 'slipping' quite a bit...

speaking to someone trying to breakthrough last season, and likely finding himself further away this term, would likely not get the most enthusiastic response...

anyone who's played a 'teamsport' of any kind wouldn't want a 'rotation' system (unless you're one who wouldn't get many games in a best Xl scenario)...

dc's 'vision' will take time and money, it may have to 'morph'...

that 'morphing' may, or may not include the 'shedding' of cc, only time will tell...

it WILL involve the 'shedding' of some players...

but players that are 'uncomfortable' with a 'rotation' system...

getting 'worse' results than last season...

getting 'worse' results than were 'hoped' and 'expected'...

players finding themselves with their 'noses pushed out', and thinking they've not had a 'fair' opportunity...

are all 'negatives', and whilst 'negatives' are 'inevitable', you need to keep them to a minimum...

we need to start scoring... 

and we need to start pickin' up points in more than 'dribs' and 'drabs'...

that will sweep away some of the negatives that are 'presently' building...

Lavery does seem like a nice lad but like a lot of players he needs to learn to keep his gob shut (assuming he did speak to the OP).

What goes on within the club should stay inside the club. Discussing feelings in the dressing room and talking about the manager are just wrong. That's how splits start in the squad and bad blood develops. All they need to do is appear friendly and make generalised positive comments that don't actually mean much.

If we signed a top striker today no one would think twice about Lavery not being in the side. Good luck to him in his career, I hope he does great things in the future but right now I don't think he is the super striker we need.

Just had an interesting chat with him in Asda. He's a really nice bloke and happily posed for a photo with my little lad.

Asked him how he is finding it is this season and he said very frustrating. Said that he has only played 2 cup games and both on the wing, to which straight away he said he's not a winger and doesn't want to be a winger - seemed to be a little dig at CC.

Also mentioned that none of the players like CC's rotation policy but they've just 'got to get on with it'. Asked him what's going on with McGugan to which he said to his knowledge there is no rift and it is probably just 'his turn' to be dropped.

I hope I'm wrong but reading between the lines there doesn't seem to be a harmony and togetherness in the squad which is something that was so evidently there last season under SG.

I may have just taken everything he said and added 2 and 2 together to get 5, but it does sound a little concerning to me.

Thanks for the info ....