So, changes are made...

Now playing 442.

CC has changed his approach.

I think it's good to see. Not just that it's a more popular fan formation but that CC sees it needs something and has the guts to try it.

Also good to see Lee has been recognised...

Are we playing 4-4-2? We certainly didn't against Bolton

Guest Gazzaswfc

I would like to see 4 1 3 2 formation team Westwood hunt lees loovens pudil at back hutch holding Lopez lee mcgugan with ff & Joao up top full backs bombing on to give the width don't rate Wallace & matias what I've seen so far but hope they prove me wrong it's all about opinions

Carvalhal believes it’s simply a matter of time before the Portuguese finds his feet and the back of the net on a regular basis. 

He said: “Marco is a player that can score, we have changed the way that we play, we now play 4-4-2. 

“Marco is one of the players who are adapting and doing his best to adapt in a new way to play. 

Read more at http://www.swfc.co.uk/news/article/marco-will-succeed-2696497.aspx#hKc4GRY8Z2IYWlJI.99

Now playing 442.

CC has changed his approach.

I think it's good to see. Not just that it's a more popular fan formation but that CC sees it needs something and has the guts to try it.

Also good to see Lee has been recognised...

Thats how bleeding football should be played, not this fancy sheeet they try to do, to make them look foooking technical, writing on note pads an all that sheet, bleeding modern over paid pre madonnas

Is there any actual difference between 4-4-2 (or 4-4-1-1 as it is with Forestieri playing as the number 10) and 4-2-3-1 when Forestieri is playing as the 2nd striker?

It seems semantics to me. Just numbers on a page.

They're both the same really, with 2 wide men, a number 10 and a couple of proper central midfielders all playing off a focal striker. 

As I see it, we've finally got the quality of player that our attacking options are more fluid anyway. The formation isn't ever going to be particularly rigid with Foresieri and Matias in attacking areas because they'll drift all over the place, sometimes looking like out and out strikers/number 10's/wingers. Which is a good thing and an improvement on SWFC teams of the recent past.

Edited by TheBoyBeevers