Goodbye Stevie May

Still don't understand how some people defend Nuhiu but slate May. Last year Nuhiu played central and started more games than May. But if you look at the stats May actually score more goals in ratio to time on there pitch.

You don't score over 80 goals by the age of 22 if you can't kick a ball, regardless of the league you're in.

Feel sorry for him as he got messed around last year being played out of position. His confidence has gone to shot.

People forget he is still young and has over 10 seasons left in him. A loan is hopefully positive for him in that we havent said he's up for sale, let's get him out to a team who will give him time and chance to get his confidence.

People slated Afobe when we had him... But he got his confidence elsewhere and now look at him.

Still don't understand how some people defend Nuhiu but slate May. Last year Nuhiu played central and started more games than May. But if you look at the stats May actually score more goals in ratio to time on there pitch.

You don't score over 80 goals by the age of 22 if you can't kick a ball, regardless of the league you're in.

Feel sorry for him as he got messed around last year being played out of position. His confidence has gone to shot.

People forget he is still young and has over 10 seasons left in him. A loan is hopefully positive for him in that we havent said he's up for sale, let's get him out to a team who will give him time and chance to get his confidence.

People slated Afobe when we had him... But he got his confidence elsewhere and now look at him.

Let's not turn this into Nuhiu vs May - there's hundreds of other thread for that. 

CC says a player asked to leave on loan the other week, difficult to include that player in squad now. Wonder who that could be................

If that's true then good. Would rather have a player wanting to play football than sit rotting in the reserves.

Let's not turn this into Nuhiu vs May - there's hundreds of other thread for that.

Think you should read the post again... The Nuhiu v May was a very small part of it. At the end of the day he was our best goalscorer last year if you look at the time he was on the pitch and that's whilst being played out of position.

If I employed someone to repair my washing machine. I would probably let him have a look at it.

Rather than send him to my neighbours house.

If I spent all the money I had on getting someone to fix my washing machine I would go for someone with plenty of experience who knew what he was doing with the specific model of washing machine.

The new coaching staff have had a look at May every day in training. He clearly hasn't proven that he is able to offer more than the other strikers we have.

He is not in the plans, let him go out on loan and play some games and get the chance to prove he is capable.

Guest AbbeyOwl

Imagine trying to fix a washing machine with no means of transport to get to the house where the washing machine is located.

Pretty much like trying to score goals with p*ss poor service...

So he never missed all those chances last year then my memory must be failing me

CC says a player asked to leave on loan the other week, difficult to include that player in squad now. Wonder who that could be................

It depends on the context. If that player feels he hasn't the opportunity to push for squad inclusion without game time a loan may be a good thing for all concerned.

If I spent all the money I had on getting someone to fix my washing machine I would go for someone with plenty of experience who knew what he was doing with the specific model of washing machine.

And there's the rub.

A top tradesman can charge what he wants, but most people have to get in who their budget allows.

Good luck to him, hope its a loan though. Not sure if it's best to loan him to a local league one side like Chesterfield, Donny or Barnsley or get him somewhere like Balckburnt hat are losing players fast and can't spend money. To all those saying we paid too muc I thiink we were lucky to get him at the price we did in today's market. It hasn't worked so far and he certainly doesn't justify 800k, but if he had more than a year left of his contract with his scoring record he would have cost a hell of a lot more. So if it doesn't eventually work out I'd say we took a punt relatively cheap despite it being a decent fee under the MM era.

I think a loan would do us good so we can re - evaluate the situation. Knowing us we will let him go at a loss and then he will be the next holt/ afobe worth millions.

I didnt want to sign him and lose Antonio anyway but obviously Antonio forced that through so no point comparing the two players careers last year.

No doubt May has talent but I dont think we are the right team for him. Plus our home crowd can be very hostile at times which would not do a young lads confidence any good.

Loan him to one of the pigs' big rivals, like Fleetwood or Burton.

hahahaha actually laughed out loud when I realised they played teams like that.

And there's the rub.

A top tradesman can charge what he wants, but most people have to get in who their budget allows.

True, and our budget now allows for more, hence we are looking for better than what May has managed to offer the new coaching staff in training over the past couple of months.

I hope May goes on loan to a League One club and finds his confidence in front of goal again.