Forestieri Bid

Guest Kagoshimaowl

I'd love this to be true, but sadly I don't think we will get hime.  On his Twitter, he says he still loves Watford.

To be fair, there are no lights brighter than the lights of Watford. I was thinking that, walking back to the station through the allotments after the 1-1 in the p*ssing rain in 1998, how glad I was that the lights were so bright.

I've been to vicarage road 3 times.

I can't remember anything about the games, nothing. Results, performances, anything.

Fernando Forestieri: Leeds end interest over player's 'mentality'

Leeds United have called off the signing of Watford forward Fernando Forestieri after chairman Massimo Cellino claimed he did not have the "right mentality" to play for the club.

They had agreed an undisclosed fee with the Hornets for Forestieri, 25.

The Italian has featured just once for the Premier League side this season.

"We decided on Tuesday we would not be signing Forestieri, it was clear he didn't have the right mentality needed," Cellino told the club website. 

"I want players to show a hunger and desire to come here - but he did not.

"It was not about the money. A player could cost £3m, £5m or be a free transfer, but if their mentality isn't right then I will not sign them for Leeds."

The Whites are currently 15th in the Championship with four draws from their four league games this season.

Uwe Rosler's side visit Derby on Saturday, with the Rams having also drawn all four of their league matches this campaign.

Thought we'd agreed a fee?

Edited by darra

Fernando Forestieri: Leeds end interest over player's 'mentality'

Leeds United have called off the signing of Watford forward Fernando Forestieri after chairman Massimo Cellino claimed he did not have the "right mentality" to play for the club.

They had agreed an undisclosed fee with the Hornets for Forestieri, 25.

The Italian has featured just once for the Premier League side this season.

"We decided on Tuesday we would not be signing Forestieri, it was clear he didn't have the right mentality needed," Cellino told the club website. 

"I want players to show a hunger and desire to come here - but he did not.

"It was not about the money. A player could cost £3m, £5m or be a free transfer, but if their mentality isn't right then I will not sign them for Leeds."

The Whites are currently 15th in the Championship with four draws from their four league games this season.

Uwe Rosler's side visit Derby on Saturday, with the Rams having also drawn all four of their league matches this campaign.

Does he mean he's not stupid (Just reading between the lines)

And as always Cellino has a dodgy judge of mentality. Publicly calling Redfearn a man with a weak personality. Plus publicly abusing some of his players last season. I'm sure Foristieri has a good mentality for football but just because he doesn't want to join Leeds (and who can blame him)

Edited by TheEnchanter