Rhoys Wiggins

Guest UpTheOwlsss

This rumour has legs, as Paul Senior, our less mentioned advisor has previously worked with Crystal Palace & Charlton Athletic.

& Rhoys Wiggins has previously played for Crystal Palace & Charlton Athletic.

So too much of a coincidence for me, Good spot OP!

Guest cafcdamo

Morning chaps. Few thoughts on Wiggins for you. We obviously knew a lot about each other when we went up together from league 1, and you will remember that our two full backs - Chris Solly and Rhoys Wiggins - were key strengths for us. Wiggins is potentially very good on his day but injuries have taken their toll over the last year or so and he hasnt been quite the same player over the last championship season. Our new manager Guy Luzon preferred 21 year old Morgan Fox at left back last year, and has now just bought Morrocos left back Zakarya Bergdich who spent last season on loan at Seria A side Genoa. With Fox preferred as a centre back that still only leaves Wiggins as back up so he is happy to let him go it appears.

If you can keep him fit, then I think he can still be a decent champ full back on his day. Better going forward than defensively, he has a cracking cross on the run and whilst he has lost some of it - still has a bit of pace. You have been pretty solid at the back with big brute defenders recently and maybe Wiggins will add a more offensive threat from full back.

Swap for Tom Lees maybe?! ;)

Good luck for the season.

You could question why let Gray do the retained list and them sack him.

A question which popped up a lot when Gray first 'left' but seems to have died away.

Still all strikes me as  odd. 

, he has a cracking cross on the run 

Something we have been lacking for some time. 

Meh.

Not convinced he's substantially better than Mattock...

I was quite surprised we let Mattock and Buxton go. Mattock featured for the most part in one of the best defences in the league last season. Buxton was worth a one year deal as well. Seems as though we may have been a bit premature ripping things up and starting afresh