Well done to the club on tickets

Guest Deleted member

People are saying as a 'one off' for Bristol game- see earlier posts.

I am saying that Chansiri has reduced it significantly for this fixture providing they buy a membership- It should/could be even cheaper for a family of four for lesser categories.

Football is not a one off but they cannot only charge £5 per person just because it is fortnightly either

Well no of course not. £5 per person would be as ridiculous as £40 but on the other end of the scale.

Surely food, drink and merchandise sales vastly increase when the ground is fuller? £20-£30 a ticket, fill the ground and the difference is made up with sales down the other revenue streams.

Maybe I'm wrong but seems logical to me.I'm no businessman tho

Edited by poite

Basically chum there are many, many fans like me and others on here who have been going to watch Wednesday for years and supported the club through thin and thick and much thinner who are appalled by what they've done.

We don't hate Wednesday or going to matches. We love the club and have shelled out thousands of pounds over the years to demonstrate that. And yet good loyal fans like us are outraged by what's happened. Do you see no validity in our objections? Do you not think the club could have acted in a much more considered and thoughtful way?

Short of leaving the football league, relocating to Germany, and joining the league there, I'm not sure what you want the club to do?

You are also slightly confused in your argument.

You are a fan who has attended many matches per season through all the crap and misery of the last 20 years. The club obviously means a lot to you, since you've made a huge financial commitment to the club over that time, and presumably had to make lots of life-style decisions and sacrifices in order to do so. Every season you contribute £100's to the club either with season tickets, or by attending a significant number of games. For you, there has been a slight increase in season tickets, or the requirement to buy a membership to get better value (and again not a significant increase in your total spend over the entire season when averaged out over the categories).

That's your emotional position.

The emotional position for the fans you are attempting to argue on behalf of is not the same.

The fan that only attends 1 or 2 games a season doesn't spend £100's on the club over the course of the year. That is why for them it's a one-off cost, not a regular cost that would quite clearly be unreasonable to pay on a regular basis. This sort of fan doesn't make multiple life-style decisions in order to be able to support the club. They won't only go on holiday AFTER they've bought their season ticket, they won't sacrifice nights out and meals out, they won't turn down job opportunities that require them to move away from Sheffield, they won't take packed lunch to work every day rather than buying from the canteen or local sarnie shop... etc.

Edited by nebneeb

Well no of course not. £5 per person would be as ridiculous as £40 but on the other end of the scale.

Surely food, drink and merchandise sales vastly increase when the ground is fuller? £20-£30 a ticket, fill the ground and the difference is made up with sales down the other revenue streams.

Maybe I'm wrong but seems logical to me.I'm no businessman tho

£40 is the 'one off' you speak we have many prices around your £20-£30 acceptable fee.

The £10/5 brigade are really getting their knickers in a twist

That's cos there's a chance the football might actually be worth £15 this year.

I paid £12 for watch us play Watford last season. We got hammered 4-1, played embarrassingly bad and I felt robbed even at that price

theres 1 ticket available Kivo- youl be paying a lot for 4 tickets from touts.

Even if there was four tickets its still £100 (as you would agree - not cheap)- our tickets are cheaper with memberships now.

There's hundreds of tickets available over the course of the tournament.

And we're not including membership - we're talking about pay on the day families.

£40 is the 'one off' you speak we have many prices around your £20-£30 acceptable fee.

Just. £30 is the cheapest ticket for a midweek game against reading.

Can't see any Saturday games been lower than cat D

There's hundreds of tickets available over the course of the tournament.

And we're not including membership - we're talking about pay on the day families.

Measure that on excitement. Football is more edge of your seat excitement (apart form last year)

Cost is £100 for crucible- is that cheap Kivo? As a 'one off'. 

Cost of football £120- a lot more exciting so worth the money- plus you can actually GET/BUY tickets for this. Still expensive in your opinion Kivo!

That is crucibles dead bottom price to watch maybe 1 good player throughout the session. We get to watch 11 of our heroes play not 1. Our dead botom price goes a lot lower than this for the 'one off fan' down to £60 for a CAT G game. Doesnt matter when you turn up; the CAT G game is our worst game just like crucibles first round. That makes ours £40 cheaper for a family of four.

Just. £30 is the cheapest ticket for a midweek game against reading.

Can't see any Saturday games been lower than cat D

get a membership if you attend regularly enough- sounds like you are with reading in your mind and some saturday games

That's cos there's a chance the football might actually be worth £15 this year.

I paid £12 for watch us play Watford last season. We got hammered 4-1, played embarrassingly bad and I felt robbed even at that price

The s/t holders felt the same, many games over

Yet come renewal, the money was shelled out again, even with an increase to bear

Everybody has had to dig deep, the potd have always known the risk and utilised offers with little disregard to the s/t commitment

Not happy that people could be priced out but the club was losing money

Something has to give if we are going to compete

Measure that on excitement. You can't - snooker might be more exciting to some Football is more edge of your seat excitement (apart form last year) Opinion

Cost is £100 for crucible- is that cheap Kivo? As a 'one off'. Not cheap, but you're watching world class players

Cost of football £120- a lot more exciting so worth the money- plus you can actually GET/BUY tickets for this You can get/buy tickets for the snooker too. Still expensive in your opinion Kivo!

That is crucibles dead bottom price to watch maybe 1 good player throughout the session At least one world class player, maybe two. We get to watch 11 of our heroes play not 1 11 second tier players. Our dead botom price goes a lot lower than this for the 'one off fan' down to £60 for a CAT G game. Doesnt matter when you turn up; the CAT G game is our worst game just like crucibles first round. That makes ours £40 cheaper for a family of four.

get a membership if you attend regularly enough- sounds like you are with reading in your mind and some saturday games We're not talking about membership - we're talking about the one-off attendee family.

Measure that on excitement. You can't - snooker might be more exciting to some Football is more edge of your seat excitement (apart form last year) Opinion

Cost is £100 for crucible- is that cheap Kivo? As a 'one off'. Not cheap, but you're watching world class players

Cost of football £120- a lot more exciting so worth the money- plus you can actually GET/BUY tickets for this You can get/buy tickets for the snooker too. Still expensive in your opinion Kivo!

That is crucibles dead bottom price to watch maybe 1 good player throughout the session At least one world class player, maybe two. We get to watch 11 of our heroes play not 1 11 second tier players. Our dead botom price goes a lot lower than this for the 'one off fan' down to £60 for a CAT G game. Doesnt matter when you turn up; the CAT G game is our worst game just like crucibles first round. That makes ours £40 cheaper for a family of four.

get a membership if you attend regularly enough- sounds like you are with reading in your mind and some saturday games We're not talking about membership - we're talking about the one-off attendee family.

ok so as a one off match:

Crucible- £100 - family of four

SWFC- £60- CAT G game- one off

saving= SWFC - £40

Short of leaving the football league, relocating to Germany, and joining the league there, I'm not sure what you want the club to do?

You are also slightly confused in your argument.

You are a fan who has attended many matches per season through all the crap and misery of the last 20 years. The club obviously means a lot to you, since you've made a huge financial commitment to the club over that time, and presumably had to make lots of life-style decisions and sacrifices in order to do so. Every season you contribute £100's to the club either with season tickets, or by attending a significant number of games. For you, there has been a slight increase in season tickets, or the requirement to buy a membership to get better value (and again not a significant increase in your total spend over the entire season when averaged out over the categories).

That's your emotional position.

The emotional position for the fans you are attempting to argue on behalf of is not the same.

The fan that only attends 1 or 2 games a season doesn't spend £100's on the club over the course of the year. That is why for them it's a one-off cost, not a regular cost that would quite clearly be unreasonable to pay on a regular basis. This sort of fan doesn't make multiple life-style decisions in order to be able to support the club. They won't only go on holiday AFTER they've bought their season ticket, they won't sacrifice nights out and meals out, they won't turn down job opportunities that require them to move away from Sheffield, they won't take packed lunch to work every day rather than buying from the canteen or local sarnie shop... etc.

The fans who only go now and again are the ones we need to draw in - turning very part timers into more regular attenders. Even turning once a season people into 4 or 5 times a season people,  Deterring them from attending the better matches - including the opening game of the season isn't the way to go at all. And it would be better for me because Hillsborough when it's less than half full is hardly buzzing. There was a bit of optimism in the air and it's been wasted.

I don't want the club to be the most expensive club in the league on day one. There's no need for that. I just think it's a real wasted opportunity for the sake of a few bob. 

The fans who only go now and again are the ones we need to draw in - turning very part timers into more regular attenders. Even turning once a season people into 4 or 5 times a season people,  Deterring them from attending the better matches - including the opening game of the season isn't the way to go at all. And it would be better for me because Hillsborough when it's less than half full is hardly buzzing. There was a bit of optimism in the air and it's been wasted.

I don't want the club to be the most expensive club in the league on day one. There's no need for that. I just think it's a real wasted opportunity for the sake of a few bob. 

If they didnt take offers last year for £10 tickets they will NEVER come if there excuse is cost.

saving= SWFC - £40

We're not talking about Cat G and we're not talking about membership holders.

We're talking about Bristol City, for the one off family attendees.

Stop trying to change the argument.

saving= SWFC - £40

I repeat is there no validity to the objections of some very loyal fans who have stood by the club for years? I lived in East Anglia for a while but still had a ST so I know about the cost of travel topping ticket prices and the efforts made to go to games. But regardless of travel, membership shenanigans and the like people ascribe a value to each aspect of what they shell out for - and even loyal fans find £39 a ticket for a 2nd division game tough to stomach. 

We're not talking about Cat G and we're not talking about membership holders.

We're talking about Bristol City, for the one off family attendees.

Stop trying to change the argument.

'ONE OFF' they can choose any one in the season Kivo!

One off families means they are not too fussed about it anyway. Why spen £120 when they can spend £60 for there ONE OFF game this season.

No idea why you are debating snooker v football. Popularity, supply, demand, logistics, target market, type of event are entirely different.

Why not pick the TDF, or the TT to compare to? They are free.

Or pick Wimbledon for a 1st round match on CC? £76 a seat.

Or pick Rugby, or Ice Hockey...

I don't want the club to be the most expensive club in the league on day one. There's no need for that. I just think it's a real wasted opportunity for the sake of a few bob

Time will tell.

It may well persuade the 1-2 times a season people to get a membership and become 6-7 times a season people = Revenue up

It may well persuade the 10-15 times a season to get a season ticket, either now or at the next early bird = Revenue up

It may well put people off the Bristol game, and they'll attend the Reading one instead = Revenue same

If they didnt take offers last year for £10 tickets they will NEVER come if there excuse is cost.

It isn't just cost. There other factors of course - the football was dire last year too. I think a combination of better football and better prices would help enormously.  

No idea why you are debating snooker v football. Popularity, supply, demand, logistics, target market, type of event are entirely different.

Why not pick the TDF, or the TT to compare to? They are free.

Or pick Wimbledon for a 1st round match on CC? £76 a seat.

Or pick Rugby, or Ice Hockey...

Time will tell.

It may well persuade the 1-2 times a season people to get a membership and become 6-7 times a season people = Revenue up

It may well persuade the 10-15 times a season to get a season ticket, either now or at the next early bird = Revenue up

It may well put people off the Bristol game, and they'll attend the Reading one instead = Revenue same

And it may put them off altogether.

Edited by rickygoo