Well done to the club on tickets

Guest Deleted member

Guest Deleted member

I'm sorry if I missed a thread dedicated to this - but I have had a good look for it and cant see one.

I want to say well done to the club for their massive climb down on family tickets. They clearly realise they've made a huge mistake on the prices announced, the numerous categories, and the ridiculously high prices for junior tickets and introduced the junior membership prices.

http://www.swfc.co.uk/news/article/more-massive-savings-for-owls-family-members-2556547.aspx

This more than makes it affordable for families to attend again - and its only a pity this wasn't foreseen and the club therefore needed to hastily bundle together some family prices.

Its still not clear whether these prices apply for all games this season - one would hope so - and all it requires is a membership for the kids too. (£15)

But well done for taking the feedback on board - realising you've thoroughly messed up - and putting something out to make ameds in a short space of time.

Credit where its due.

I'm sorry if I missed a thread dedicated to this - but I have had a good look for it and cant see one.

I want to say well done to the club for their massive climb down on family tickets. They clearly realise they've made a huge mistake on the prices announced, the numerous categories, and the ridiculously high prices for junior tickets and introduced the junior membership prices.

http://www.swfc.co.uk/news/article/more-massive-savings-for-owls-family-members-2556547.aspx

This more than makes it affordable for families to attend again - and its only a pity this wasn't foreseen and the club therefore needed to hastily bundle together some family prices.

Its still not clear whether these prices apply for all games this season - one would hope so - and all it requires is a membership for the kids too. (£15)

But well done for taking the feedback on board - realising you've thoroughly messed up - and putting something out to make ameds in a short space of time.

Credit where its due.

Racist lol

Guest Deleted member

You missed the mega thread yesterday, but don't worry as the Bristol City thread says what was said in there

Glad I went to Owls In The Park and missed it

This is better and goes some way to making it affordable.

However even with this football is still an expensive day out for a family and I hope the club still put on the odd kids for £5/10 each season with accompanying adult £10/15/20.

So kids from all families get a chance each season to live football.

Not just this but also giving kids from all backgrounds the chance to get 'the big' and become fully pledged Wednesdayites in the future.

I really welcome DC's comments, I don't think what has been put forward will be enough. When you work it out it's better but not that great. Though don't misunderstand, I appreciate he is trying. Thing is people can only afford so much, and we have no way of knowing what we will do this year. Looking at this thinking we will walk the league would be one thing. The reality and the cost people can afford may still mean the amendments still don't allow for filling Hillsborough. A start though......

It's a start and at least Mr C is receptive to some of the concerns that have been voices over the ticket prices. 

He's a smart businessman at the end of the day and will know full well that the "f*ck em if they can't afford it" mentality, propagated by some on here, is probably not the best approach going forward. 

At the end of the day not everyone will be able to afford it, regardless of what reductions, membership schemes, incentives etc the club put forward, but it important that they at least try and accommodate as many people as possible. 

the charging of infants still needs addressing imo

Mate wants to bring his 3 year old, no way should he have to pay full child cost for a child of that age

Each to their own, but why anyone would want to drag a 3 year old to a game, I'll never know.

It would be an exceptional 3 year old that didn't get very bored, very quickly.

Can't wait to take my daughter to Hillsborough - but it'll be many years from now.

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

For all we know this could have been part of our ticketing plan all along

Possibly, but I personally think they've been shocked by the reaction to the prices and these family offers are damage limitation.

Either way, good to know that fans opinions do appear to count for something under the new regime.

Guest Ash76

That's possible too but we'll never know so shouldn't label this initiative as a massive climb down.

If it was in reaction we should applaud them for listening not label it as backing down

My guess is the ticket sales for the Bristol City game have been pretty awful compared to sales in previous years for the first game.

couple that with the bad press (local and national) re the new prices and the club have realised they have to revisit this- and this looks like the first concession they got it wrong.

Each to their own, but why anyone would want to drag a 3 year old to a game, I'll never know.

It would be an exceptional 3 year old that didn't get very bored, very quickly.

Can't wait to take my daughter to Hillsborough - but it'll be many years from now.

agree and not overly keen on it either as he wont pay attention, but hey he wants to bring up his kid as an owl so thats something