Well done to the club on tickets

Guest Deleted member

It isn't just cost. There other factors of course - the football was dire last year too. I think a combination of better football and better prices would help enormously.  

And it may put them off altogether.

Cost is what we are whinging about on here right?

We have upped the cost- we have upped the quality.

Some costs will be affordable ( not to £10 fan) but they will have a chance to see us for £20 which is extremely compeitive and fairly cheap. Some should buy memberships making some games even cheaper than last year and over the course of a season could spend less than last year all in all.

Guest Deleted member

Some costs will be affordable ( not to £10 fan) but they will have a chance to see us for £20 which is extremely compeitive and fairly cheap. Some should buy memberships making some games even cheaper than last year and over the course of a season could spend less than last year all in all.

How have we upped the quality?

So  I repeat again - is there no validity to our complaints?

Guest Fedor

So I repeat again - is there no validity to our complaints?

Wasting your time mate.

He's talked utter gonads throughout, do you really expect a decent answer?

So  I repeat again - is there no validity to our complaints?

You're complaining to the wrong place, and targeting the anger in the wrong direction.

The whole of football in this country is broken.

Until it all changes, the only outcome of a club taking the moral and social high-ground, is going bust and out of existence. In which case nobody, not even the ones who can afford it and choose to pay will be able to go.

You're complaining to the wrong place, and targeting the anger in the wrong direction.

The whole of football in this country is broken.

Until it all changes, the only outcome of a club taking the moral and social high-ground, is going bust and out of existence. In which case nobody, not even the ones who can afford it and choose to pay will be able to go.

It's a forum to discuss Sheffield Wednesday and football. And the response needed isn't to charge even more than our peers - to be even worse than everyone else. That's so far from taking the moral high ground it's not even on the same page of the map.

8521703_orig.jpg

Yep

SouthernOwls debating style on Owlstalk

could say the same thing about you Kivo, all you have done is moaned about prices- they have been reduced and you have still moaned.

About a one off ticket- it costs similar for other events

For families- well now we have cheaper tickets

What do you want? 

As I have said many times in comparison with other events it is cheaper overall. We should expect a lot more quality this year. Nigel you know this dont try to sit on the fence. Everyone must be happy with the investment- new players and ground improvements. This costs money and therefore has reflected in our ticket prices.

I want to see us play well for once and if it costs me £1/£2/£10 extra I dont mind and agree with it. It also helps cut losses. If you cant afford it I have suggested membership or go to one less game a year.

Love how when people dont agree they are talking crap - How is that talking crap? The above makes sense. 

Guest Deleted member

Nigel you know this dont try to sit on the fence.

I genuinely don't know this - and with respect - neither do you

We have brought in an unproven manager and some unproven players

How is that a leap forward in quality? And I made my position clear in the OP - I applaud the clubs initiative to reduce the costs for family.

But again - and with respect - you are clinging on to Cat G - and lower than Cat D pricing - you've no idea what the average will be and neither does anyone.

So please stop having a go at people and using guesswork to justify your argument

could say the same thing about you Kivo, all you have done is moaned about prices- they have been reduced and you have still moaned.

About a one off ticket- it costs similar for other events

For families- well now we have cheaper tickets

What do you want? 

As I have said many times in comparison with other events it is cheaper overall. We should expect a lot more quality this year. Nigel you know this dont try to sit on the fence. Everyone must be happy with the investment- new players and ground improvements. This costs money and therefore has reflected in our ticket prices.

I want to see us play well for once and if it costs me £1/£2/£10 extra I dont mind and agree with it. It also helps cut losses. If you cant afford it I have suggested membership or go to one less game a year.

Love how when people dont agree they are talking crap - How is that talking crap? The above makes sense. 

It's cheaper than some stuff and dearer than others. The point is on day one we're dearer than the other clubs in our division and more expensive than a price we railed against when Leeds charged it. That's a direct comparison. 

We don't know yet whether the players we've brought in will do better than 13th in the division.  That's the nature of football. With  players untried at this level and a manager that doesn't normally stick around for much more than a season we have no idea how we're going to do.  We might be charging Premier League prices for Division One performances. 

And I repeat the Bristol City game is a huge missed opportunity to get a big crowd into Hillsborough and kick start people's optimism.  It's just being seen as a way to fleece the fans a bit which has been disastrous PR - and not just in Sheffield. 

I could take the kids to Alton Towers and pay the sum of £146.50 plus parking. However I could upgrade to a Merlin annual family pass for £676.00 including parking which would get me into Alton Towers, Warwick Castle, Legoland Windor & Manchester, Madame Tussauds London & Blackpool, Blackpool Tower, Blackpool & York Dungeons, Sea Life Scarborough Manchester Blackpool York & Birmingham, Thorpe Park, Chessington World of Adventures, London Eye, London Dungeons, Edinburgh Dungeons & Sea Life Centres & Santuaries Bray Brighton Great Yarmouth Loch Lomond London Gweek Hunstanton and Oban.

Not bad value when you consider the cost of what mine and the young un's Grandstand season ticket was. In fact we could kill two birds with one stone by shutting down the Grandstand as some want, wee wee me off further and force me into getting a Merlin family pass which more of less gives me days out across the country. I then don't have that pissed off feeling watching Nuhui miss yet another sitter. I will miss that bloke who screamed at Gray last season for his dour and negative football at Hillsborough.

Guest Ash76

FFS is this still going on?

Couple of things why are people still defending it? Let them not happy get on what it, but what is it? What are you going to do about it? Posting on here won't achieve anything, I understand some emailed the club which is a good place to start but ultimately if you don't get what you want, then what?

Simple, make a decision and stick by it but price debates are fast becoming boring

Its the families I feel for.

Us adults it's damn expensive but at least we have more of a choice if you go or not

They shouldn't be taking kids anyway  WTF:

FFS is this still going on?

Couple of things why are people still defending it? Let them not happy get on what it, but what is it? What are you going to do about it? Posting on here won't achieve anything, I understand some emailed the club which is a good place to start but ultimately if you don't get what you want, then what?

Simple, make a decision and stick by it but price debates are fast becoming boring

Says he joining the debate.

Guest Deleted member

£31 Adult ticket at Man Utd for the opening game v Tottenham

U16 - £13 (anywhere in the ground)

I genuinely don't know this - and with respect - neither do you

We have brought in an unproven manager and some unproven players

How is that a leap forward in quality? And I made my position clear in the OP - I applaud the clubs initiative to reduce the costs for family.

But again - and with respect - you are clinging on to Cat G - and lower than Cat D pricing - you've no idea what the average will be and neither does anyone.

So please stop having a go at people and using guesswork to justify your argument

Same way that you cannot also assume every game will be CAT B either.

A manager that has arguably done far more then any of our other managers before they signed. And without a shadow of doubt far more experienced.

Players that have come from top clubs, and although unproven in our league, had other and better opposition chasing some of them. 

Quality that is an improvement are stadium facilities- As I have said previously you can stay in a 3 star hotel for £50 but if they upgrade it will cost more- this is business.

You (not just Nigel) disagree with me that I think these prices will be worth it with the improvements and thats your opinion and I have mine. I wont change yours just like you wont change mine.

Would suggest for people to get memberships and attend the lower categories if they want to break even on last years costs.