Well done to the club on tickets

Guest Deleted member

Are you Donald Rumsfeld in disguise? Just out of curiosity - do many other clubs have 8 categories plus other special offers? Are you and southern boy actually in charge of this policy and that's why you're defending the indefensible. Come clean!

So you think this Bristol City pricing strategy has been a success do you? Garnered lots of good publicity and got the fans onside has it?

In terms of looking at the overall bigger picture*, then in terms of increasing revenue per over the course of the entire season, then yes I believe it will be a success.

No price increase will ever get good publicity and be well received. It doesn't mean it's the wrong decision though. DC could do (and has done) many things to get good publicity and the fans onside, but not if it results in us under performing financially, and thus either going bust or not making progress on the pitch either because we can't afford to, or because we break the rules of FFP and get embargoed.

*Presume I'll have to spell out the bigger picture for you. But as a clue, it involves more than just basing your entire argument around the prices for 1 type of ticket, for 1 match, in 1 season.

its just us Sheffielders like moaning, same with Tramlines... "not paying thirty quid when it used to be free" comments ive seen.

If you cant afford it then either save up or miss out. Its all about priorities, i would love to have gone to Glastonbury but i cant have everything.

Football, gigs and luxuries such as booze and sky TV arent essential needs of life!

Way to go in using completely irrelevant pricing to justify an already weak argument

*high five*

That's what you did by using extremely limited tickets that don't even go on general sale for anyone to buy, at a Premier league club that exists in an entirely different financial climate to ourselves, to make a comparison to ourselves.

I didnt say you had at all

I said that presumably - as we now have a team fitting of Champions League status, and a stadium suitable for hosting the World Cup Final itself - ticket prices and offers that make it attractive to all but the most poverty stricken supporter - we must have nearly sold out?

Why make a thread about the club getting pricing right, then go off like this?

Guest mkowl

I hate to say but if some fans are only going to attend a couple of times a season - come what may - how interested is the club in you as a customer. You are the icing on the cake but they need to make the cake first.

5000 people going 10 times a season will generate as much money as 25000 people going twice a season. Hence the pricing and offers are set and aimed at the 5000 in the first instance.

The club runs a business and infrastructure that covers a min 48 games a season, 23 at least at home and needs that income flow from regular customers

Guest Deleted member

Why make a thread about the club getting pricing right, then go off like this?

The club HAVE got the pricing right - for family tickets. I'm sorry - I thought I'd made that clear.

Guest mkowl

The club HAVE got the pricing right - for family tickets. I'm sorry - I thought I'd made that clear.

Just need to sort the family membership package pricing out and I consider you have a fair approach

I'm afraid the ones that consider they should be able to access those family ticket prices without being members are a bit deluded. Where would be the incentive to get a membership if a POTG got the same benefit.

Many clubs use the category system. Check others before talking rubbish

Never said they didn't. How many have 8 categories plus special offers?

At random

Burnley have 2 - the most expensive is £35 cheapest on dearest category £24

Wolves have 1 - the most expensive is £30 cheapest is £24

Ipswich have 6 - the dearest is a gob smacking £62.50 for central areas. Only the very central areas are dearer than our most expensive the rest are cheaper. Cheapest on dearest category £34.50 which covers a lot of the ground.

Cardiff have 3 categories - dearest £32 cheapest £18 cheapest non family stand £24

Preston have 1 - dearest £30 cheapest £24

Leeds have 3 - dearest £42 cheapest in category a £33

All are match day prices ignoring discounts for buying as a member/in advance. For example Leeds tickets bought in advance are £5 cheaper and you don't have to be a member, same with Cardiff but there's a £3 discount.

Guest Deleted member

Huddersfield have 3 - category A £35 cheapest cat a £27.50

Bolton have 4 - dearest cat A £35 cheapest cat a £28

I was getting interested but I've had enough now.

The difference being is that none of those clubs beat Barcelona and Real Madrid to the signature of Jack Hunt

But basically if you buy a non members ticket in advance the most expensive Leeds tickets all season - and they've been the benchmark for rip off pricing - is cheaper than our cheapest ticket for the Bristol City game. I've ignored the Bremner Suite if there are any pedants reading this.

rickygoo, I think you've cracked it...

We can seek to gain a financial and therefore competitive edge over our rivals in the division by....

...not coming up with a progressive matchday ticketing policy which allows us to dynamically adjust how much we charge for games based on attendance trends throughout the season

...not tempt non-season ticket holders to become them by improving the value they get per game

...not tempt casual fans to attend more games by offering a membership that becomes better value the more games they go to

...not have offers for games like Reading where it's just £5 for U17's

...not have offers/packages to make it more affordable for families

...not be able to use a special lower category that's actually cheaper than most other clubs cheapest category to allow the poorest fans to still go to some games, and also maximise attendances for less popular games

...etc

...but by doing exactly the same as them, and just copying all their prices and categories (as long as it's not one of the clubs that is more expensive, e.g. Ipswich).

Edited by nebneeb

What if you just want to wonder down to Hillsbro with your mates every now and then and watch Wednesday - approx 10 to 12 times a season same as you have done for 30 odd years.

What if you like going in the South stand because the facilities are good and you can only see half the bloody pitch from the kop.

Nothing to do with who we are playing, weather, profile of the fixture or money actually.

Just when the planets are aligned and we all have a spare Saturday.

What if you don't want to join a fecking membership club.

You've basically got a bunch of people who probably won't go because they won't - on principle - let someone have their pants down with a 50% price increase.

Which is a shame.

Guest mkowl

We can seek to gain a financial and therefore competitive edge over our rivals in the division by....

...not coming up with a progressive matchday ticketing policy which allows us to dynamically adjust how much we charge for games based on attendance trends throughout the season

...not tempt non-season ticket holders to become them by improving the value they get per game

...not tempt casual fans to attend more games by offering a membership that becomes better value the more games they go to

...not be able to use a special lower category that's actually cheaper than most other clubs cheapest category to allow the poorest fans to still go to some games, and also maximise attendances for less popular games

...etc

...but by exactly as they are doing and just copying their prices (as long as it's not one of the clubs that is more expensive, e.g. Ipswich).

But its not fair

But neither is life

I genuinely don't know this - and with respect - neither do you

We have brought in an unproven manager and some unproven players

How is that a leap forward in quality? And I made my position clear in the OP - I applaud the clubs initiative to reduce the costs for family.

But again - and with respect - you are clinging on to Cat G - and lower than Cat D pricing - you've no idea what the average will be and neither does anyone.

So please stop having a go at people and using guesswork to justify your argument

I can't believe I'm saying this but for once I agree with you especially re the unknown...

The club have only set up family tickets for members and not a general tickets for families (if that makes sense ?).

A few weeks ago I rashly asked my 6 year old grandson if he would like to go to his first proper football match and the first game of the season (his dad mildly supports Citeh but his uncles and cousins are mad Citeh fans and regularly ask him to go) he obviously wanted to come to Hillsborough and my daughter (his mum) gave the OK, unfortunately his dad had been with me to Hillsborough a few years ago and the guy who got us the tickets had got us seats at the west end of the north stand - possibly not the part of the ground to take someone for their first trip to Hillsborough...

As dad was nervous about him coming with me and I was keen to encourage my grandson down the path of ritchessnes and all things Wednesday, I said I would get him a ticket too and we would go in the grandstand - what a mistake that turned out to be..

2x adult tickets and 1x under 11 = £101 OUCH !

My wallet and bank account are now hoping he will prefer to go and watch Citeh in the future as I can't / won't afford that again this season...

And please don't mention the clubs generous offer to sell midweek games cheaper as by the time we got home it would be well too late for a 6 year old.

I may well be a part timer these days but the pricing is definitely going to discourage some new supporters as in my case..

Rotherham have 1 - dearest £27, cheapest £25

Hull have 3 - dearest £36, cheapest Cat A £30

Brighton have 3 - dearest cat A £42 cheapest cat A £32

Charlton have 2 - dearest Cat A £37 cheapest Cat A £21

Fulham - dunno but under 4s are free if they sit in your lap

MK Dons 1 category - dearest £35 cheapest £25

QPR - 4 categories, no prices yet four for bottom 2 categories under 8s are free

Phew I'm not stupid.

Guest Deleted member

I can't believe I'm saying this but for once I agree with you especially re the unknown...

I knew you'd come round in the end lol

And I sympathise on those prices - wow

...etc

...but by doing exactly the same as them, and just copying all their prices and categories (as long as it's not one of the clubs that is more expensive, e.g. Ipswich).

Ipswich are generally cheaper. Clap away to your heart's content. Sometimes they get it wrong - the Bristol City game is a perfect example and has soured whatever else they try to do in the minds of a lot of people. Just make it simple and good value across the board. Edited by rickygoo

Ipswich are generally cheaper.

Erm, based on what?

Over 50% of our attendance (which you conveniently or stupidly keep forgetting) is made up of season tickets. Ours are £100's cheaper.

The matchday prices we don't know yet. But to make our average ticket price higher than Ipswich, most of our games will have to be A, A* and B. That's unlikely IMO.

Sometimes they get it wrong - the Bristol City game is a perfect example and has soured whatever else they try to do in the minds of a lot of people.

Again you are looking at the game in isolation and still failing to see the bigger picture.

You're also forgetting how fickle fans are saying they will be forever soured.

For an example, come back on here after we lose a game, and see we are certain for relegation, the manager should be sacked etc, then come back after a win 3 days later and see we are certain for playoffs and the manager is amazing.

Just make it simple and good value across the board.

Great in some utopian place that isn't the real World. Financially a complete fuçk up.